Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

On the perceived "value" of community members. Is it monetary only?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Takes a big person to admit they may have been mistaken.. Something sorely lacking in today's society.
  • Options
    Grisu said:
    Your crusade is over just like that? After all the conspiracy that we only told you lies?

What a bummer.
    I think it just means Gigabear’s a good dude.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    all's well that ends well I suppose
    Let us hope.........................
  • Options
    Atama said:

I think it just means Gigabear’s a good dude.
    After all the mudthrowing and threats to tell the world how shit intrepid is, unwilling to listen to facts since it's all a conspiracy?
    I vehemently doubt it, after all it's not the first time he did a mudwalk with made up reasons.

I guess that is up for everyone to decide on their own tho. I shouldn't stirr up more trouble.
  • Options
    Nooooo!! The deepstate got to Gigabear??? Say it isn't so!

On a serious note: Good update though man. I can respect when someone admits they were operating on a faulty premise. I mean, ideally you're not wrong in the first place, but admitting when you are is still the way to be. We all make mistakes at some point. 
  • Options
    You just regained all my respect. Very big of you to admit that you were wrong
  • Options
    *Puts Popcorn Bucket Down*

Well... that ended abruptly... 

I didn't initially engage in this post as I saw it as a "complain just to complain" post myself. Those of us on the outside that are not in Alpha one are unfortunately left to just scan the forums and discord.. although nothing really meaningful about the game is discussed most of the time.. :wink:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    I suppose everyone has a sore topic the we each overreact a bit to. From seeing him in the forums before this, he's always had a pretty level head when it came to most topics discussed. Considering that many people have been burned by uncaring companies/developers in the past, it's not all that surprising that he or anyone might have a sore spot in that regard.

Seeing that his concerns have been put to rest, we can all be satisfied knowing that the topic has been resolved and Gigabear has regained his faith in Intrepid. We all can get carried away over things that personally affect us - it happens, and I'm sure everyone here has experienced it at some point. 

The important thing now is to not be a dick about it. (for lack of (desire to use a) better term)

I am impressed, though, by the support that most people have offered to him following his change in opinion. We really do have a pretty great community going here, don't we.  :blush:
  • Options
  • Options
    Gigabear said:
    Edit 10/7: Since posting this thread, I have had an opportunity to witness Intrepid Studios show they very much DO care about this crop of testers, and the week prior was not at all representative. Alex spent an HOUR helping one user alone with a PC issue and was engaged all night, as was Steven.

Further, the improvement in this build from the last was quite extraordinary. So much was patched in and fixed that to think they weren't reading our feedback is simply impossible.

I wish I had seen that before I made this thread, it wouldn't even exist. My conclusions were totally erroneous in every respect and the thread's premise is mostly invalidated. 

______

The only possible standard is a monetary one. BUT, you may ask, am I just reading too much into it? I figured one single second hand report was too much to base any sort of conclusion on. But last night, I finally sought data. I found it in the search function on discord.

All 4 "yellow" devs were extremely active during the time only KS backers were in the test, both in voice, in game, and in the text channels themselves. They had a big old party no doubt. Was a lot of fun, even through the alpha issues the had to deal with.

I may be wrong on all of this. I want to be absolutely wrong. The idea that Intrepid backers are less valued members of the testing community is something I find extremely disconcerting. Yet, I have nothing whatsoever to suggest it isn't exactly the case.

You know...
    Your apology doesn't really cover all of your "areas of complaints" to begin with.
    But... Let's see
    You take up "monetary" as an issue, they you apologize for that and say you were wrong...
    And now I see this...

It doesn't really make it seem like you were being sincere in your apology seeing how you again state what you said you were sorry for saying oO
  • Options
    and now he is banned, even Intrepids seemingly endless tolerance, does in fact have a limit.
  • Options
    I need to know what happened...or shall I say the final straw???
  • Options
    Well I guess it did not end well at all
  • Options
    LOL....Banned huh?  Musta said some explicit stuff of his own haha
  • Options
    Yikes