Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Might end up not playing very long.

13»

Comments

• Options
    nagash said:
    I've past caring. If you end up playing then good, I hope you enjoy the game if not move on and stop making this pointless posts that serve only to make you look like a fool.

Nothing I do is pointless, I wish the community would realise that.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I've past caring. If you end up playing then good, I hope you enjoy the game if not move on and stop making this pointless posts that serve only to make you look like a fool.

I wish you would realise that you are nothing but a pest and people are only carrying on this thread to humour you. Myself I'm done with this thread to see you in-game or not I really don't care anymore.
  • Options
    At this point people should learn that this guy is the type that has his opinion and wont change it even if the world was ending.

Dont want to play ? then move on and go play whatever it is that you want to play.
  • Options
    nagash said:

To be fair to you I see that you want to do your part to help Ashes become the great MMO we all want it to be. However, it's your language and phrasing that can make the difference. Phrases like "Nothing I do is pointless" come off as arrogant and quickly alienate you from the rest of the community (as seen throughout this thread). Now, I'm far from qualified to offer you advice, but if I was I'd suggest that if you want to be taken seriously to be aware of your audience and remember that though we all have differences of opinions we all want this game to succeed.

Long story short, a respectful and well thought out thread goes a long way if you want to be taken serious and your opinions given a fair read.
  • Options
    While I'm going to be honest, and state that I've not read every single thread in this post,(so forgive me if this has already been stated and discussed) but if the OP is upset about not being able to download the game to get into a test version of the game, I wonder if it ever crossed his/her mind that maybe this is another area of development that needs to be fine tuned...
    Downloading data from a server is not just a matter of saying "ok" give it to me.  There's a ton of things that have to happen in the background/back end to make even getting the game feasible and maybe, just maybe...and I'm really going out on a limb here, but this is one of those tweaks in need of being corrected?

Any how I really am sorry you feel the way you feel OP, but the hype train is real for me and only going to get stronger I anticipate.

/cheers
    Danzin
  • Options
    nagash said:

To be fair to you I see that you want to do your part to help Ashes become the great MMO we all want it to be. However, it's your language and phrasing that can make the difference. Phrases like "Nothing I do is pointless" come off as arrogant and quickly alienate you from the rest of the community (as seen throughout this thread). Now, I'm far from qualified to offer you advice, but if I was I'd suggest that if you want to be taken seriously to be aware of your audience and remember that though we all have differences of opinions we all want this game to succeed.

Long story short, a respectful and well thought out thread goes a long way if you want to be taken serious and your opinions given a fair read.

Sadly I don't care what others think of me.
    Having vision and logic are a curse when you can't prove it.
    That's why it comes off as arrogance.
  • Options
    nagash said:

Arrogance is “an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions”.

Being presumptuous is “overstepping due bounds (of propriety or courtesy)”.

You've consistently given an impression of superiority, going so far as to denigrate the entire community as being beneath you, repeatedly.  You’ve made grandiose claims that you admit you can’t back up.  You not only ignore courtesy in doing so, you declare that you have no interest in courtesy.

In other words you exhibit the literal definition of arrogance.  You don’t appear to be arrogant, as an observation of fact you are.  
  • Options
    It is indeed sad because it is border-line clinical. You have opinions with (as you admit) no experience in programming or understanding of game development. You think that forming opinions only from the perspective of a user gives you such surety and insight that you demand developers listen to you.  But your opinions are completely constrained by your anecdotal "20 years of experience" you boast about and you don't understand the possibility of other people having a different opinion which will of course need to be considered in a game that is not made just for your personal use.

You say you won't lie to yourself and know you are right, but being so immutable is directly in opposition to logic, it is in fact dogma. You are the textbook definition of arrogant and I say clinical because no human being that can normally function in society would voice your thoughts even if they had them because they would have the social and emotional intelligence and logic to understand how it comes off. Your dogmatic thoughts also make you immune to any opinions or suggestions for improvement so you stew in your arrogance and think people don't understand you because you are the only single human being capable of logic or foresight or whatever else. Logically, what is more likely? But again, you have no logic, only dogma that you are right and nobody else can see it somehow.

I keep on hoping people don't engage you yet well intentioned community members keep the discussion going somehow, not realizing your history of dogmatic opinions. So please, for everyone's sake, including yours, close the thread and re-evaluate your opinions or at the very least, stop sharing them here in this way when you experience time and time again that this is the reaction and I'm sure even you will admit it is completely unproductive.
  • Options
    There was a phrase, wasn't there, that involved a brick wall and headbutting...
  • Options
    where do I go to get the launcher cause I haven't been able to find it at all
  • Options
    Hahahahaha!!!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    You will be sent a email when a testing phases is ready and in that you will have the launcher and log in information
  • Options
    Atama said:
    nagash said:

Arrogance is “an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions”.

You've consistently given an impression of superiority, going so far as to denigrate the entire community as being beneath you, repeatedly.  You’ve made grandiose claims that you admit you can’t back up.  You not only ignore courtesy in doing so, you declare that you have no interest in courtesy.

In other words you exhibit the literal definition of arrogance.  You don’t appear to be arrogant, as an observation of fact you are.  

But when its justified, what am I suppose to do about it?
  • Options
    NeuroGuy said:
    It is indeed sad because it is border-line clinical. You have opinions with (as you admit) no experience in programming or understanding of game development. You think that forming opinions only from the perspective of a user gives you such surety and insight that you demand developers listen to you.  But your opinions are completely constrained by your anecdotal "20 years of experience" you boast about and you don't understand the possibility of other people having a different opinion which will of course need to be considered in a game that is not made just for your personal use.

You say you won't lie to yourself and know you are right, but being so immutable is directly in opposition to logic, it is in fact dogma. You are the textbook definition of arrogant and I say clinical because no human being that can normally function in society would voice your thoughts even if they had them because they would have the social and emotional intelligence and logic to understand how it comes off. Your dogmatic thoughts also make you immune to any opinions or suggestions for improvement so you stew in your arrogance and think people don't understand you because you are the only single human being capable of logic or foresight or whatever else. Logically, what is more likely? But again, you have no logic, only dogma that you are right and nobody else can see it somehow.

I keep on hoping people don't engage you yet well intentioned community members keep the discussion going somehow, not realizing your history of dogmatic opinions. So please, for everyone's sake, including yours, close the thread and re-evaluate your opinions or at the very least, stop sharing them here in this way when you experience time and time again that this is the reaction and I'm sure even you will admit it is completely unproductive.

I don't know what else to say.
    Its like I'm the world greatest artist, but lost my arms before anyone could see my work.
    My games and idea are unique, if they existed I would pay the games that had those ideas, but no human alive has come up with them..sooo, I'm stuck being certain and coming off as arrogant.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Atama said:
    nagash said:

But when its justified, what am I suppose to do about it?
    That’s a ridiculous question.  You’re asking whether you should continue to make unsubstantiated claims that you cannot prove, that make you look like a delusional egomaniac, and totally alienate you from the community you still participate in for some reason.  Or to keep that ridiculous nonsense to yourself and act like a reasonable adult.  The fact that you even need to ask shows you either have a problem or you’re just flat-out trolling (and it’s increasingly looking like the latter).
  • Options
    The only thing i'm bummed about is that I've just now been able to get my hands on a decent pc so I can actually test the game the next time around.

You can't be going into this expecting exceptional gameplay, load times or anything for that matter. 

These current moments and tests are not only about stressing the servers but the testers as well. What is getting you stressed and for what reason? How can they alleviate that stress? etc
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I think the game loses more and more focus every day. Promised tab targeting not this hot mess. Battle royal is another failing. Making a open world PvP game that devides its player base between battle royal, battle grounds and open world will just water down what should be the main focus. They need to pick a direction and decide what kind of game they want to make and stop trying to run in 10 different directions at the same time. If I could get my money back at this point I would be happy. 
  • Options

At first I was wishing that the OP would either grow up or go away.  Yes, I know that there will always be negative people who complain about everything and would whine if you gave them $500 because it wasn't $5,000.

But I changed my mind.  I hope that the OP plays Ashes.  More specifically, I hope the OP is on my server and uses the same name for his main character as they use on these forums.  I look forward to interacting with them in-game and getting to know them better.

I hope that the OP has the fortitude to keep playing even after a lot of PKs.

• Options
    TauTau said:

At first I was wishing that the OP would either grow up or go away.  Yes, I know that there will always be negative people who complain about everything and would whine if you gave them $500 because it wasn't $5,000.

But I changed my mind.  I hope that the OP plays Ashes.  More specifically, I hope the OP is on my server and uses the same name for his main character as they use on these forums.  I look forward to interacting with them in-game and getting to know them better.

I've been myself too much on the forums.
    In game I will use another name and act all nice and wholesome for the sake of getting raid groups.
  • Options
    TauTau said:

I've been myself too much on the forums.
    In game I will use another name and act all nice and wholesome for the sake of getting raid groups.
    So anyone who acts nice in game we can assume is you...
  • Options
    anyone that acts like that in game deserves to be PK'd relentlessly 
  • Options
    edited November 2018

@grimseethe

...so you will disguise yourself and "...act all nice..." in-game?  I hope other players do not accuse you of being too cowardly to play under your forum name.

I will play under my forum name, btw.  If I am going to dish it out, I should be willing to take it, to cite the old saying.

• Options

• Options
    TauTau said:

@grimseethe

...so you will disguise yourself and "...act all nice..." in-game?  I hope other players do not accuse you of being too cowardly to play under your forum name.

I will play under my forum name, btw.  If I am going to dish it out, I should be willing to take it, to cite the old saying.

I truly don't give a shit what other think of me.
    But there's a chance I may end up liking this game and if that happens I will need a guild and need to from groups for raids.
    I could do without the drama from fools.
    In a few years if I'm still playing ill bring the name back.
  • Options
    Arzosah said:
    anyone that acts like that in game deserves to be PK'd relentlessly 

I'm really polite and nice.
    I just know when I'm right and accept zero nonsense.
  • Options
    This can't be real, i think he's trolling.
  • Options
    Something everyone should be aware of by now
  • Options
    Something everyone should be aware of by now

I never troll.
  • Options
    RacsoZen said:
    This can't be real, i think he's trolling.

I don't troll, I end trolls, usually.