Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Might end up not playing very long.

I had the option to test the battle royale but the thing bugged out and didn't let me in ever.
I then received another email letting me test something else, but I couldn't be arsed downloading the launcher again, even though it was still on my computer.
I'm not sure why, but each day I care less and less about this game, which is sad as I've spent about £300 on it.
I need to play some actual gameplay to rekindle my interest.
I play LOTRO legendary server, I will play classic wow and pantheon rise of the fallen.
I cant afford to sub for 3 potentially 4 games.
Ashes of creation will be the first to go based on what I've seen so far.

Comments

• Options

I think that is very unfortunate.  Hopefully when the game comes out we will find it as good as we hope it to be, or better, and you will enjoy it.

But it is inevitable that not everyone will like the game.  Some players will be so used to teleports and world auction houses, for example, that anything that is different they will criticize.

But I am fine with that.  I much prefer a distinctive, high quality game I can play for 15 years than something designed to please the pre-teen masses.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Which is precisely why early access is rarely open to everyone.
    The battle royale is just there to give testers something more fun to do while testing than just running around in circles. The current gameplay really has little to do with the RPG that will launch.
    Right now, the devs are just gathering much needed data for fundamental systems.
  • Options
    So because you couldn't get in to test something that you spent $300 on your not even going to give it a chance? 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    If the environment of testing is not to your liking, you should indeed take a step back and revisit the game closer to launch.
    You're complaining about issues and bugs at a very early alpha stage and compare it to finished products. Come back in a few months and prepare to be amazed.
  • Options
    So you didn't like the pudding and you're storming out of the lunch room shouting "I don't like the pudding!"

Seems reasonable.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Alphas are not everyone's cup of tea.  A game in early development is usually not fun, it's work.  We are not really playing "the game" we are helping build systems, debug, find flaws - even ones you don't realize but devs do.  Even though this stage of development is configured in a game mode, it is still a laborious task of finding systems that work and those that do not.

For someone like you, I would recommend coming back for a Beta, where Ashes will most likely be close to finished, and you will get a more realistic evaluation of how the game will function.
  • Options
    If you really don't like waiting then you probably should resign yourself to leaving the game for now and come back later. If the current information we have about the game got you excited then it will probably get excited again when the game is released. 
  • Options
    I couldn't get the pudding either. Download all day Saturday and only got to 12%. Sunday it was just as slow so I gave up. 
  • Options
    Too many people buy these packs too play the game, when it's too test and break the game. Most alpha testing isn't even operational in the way ashes is. It's the most bare bones the game will ever be. The fact they have anything that is somewhat enjoyable at this stage is a triumph in itself
  • Options
    I had the option to test the battle royale but the thing bugged out and didn't let me in ever.
    I then received another email letting me test something else, but I couldn't be arsed downloading the launcher again, even though it was still on my computer.
    I'm not sure why, but each day I care less and less about this game, which is sad as I've spent about £300 on it.
    I play LOTRO legendary server, I will play classic wow and pantheon rise of the fallen.
    If this is all it takes to make you quite, then bye!

First of you say you need to play a the game that's in Alpha and not even an Alpha of the game, its just a test on action combat and thats it. You then go on to say that of what you have seen of Ashes of creation this is the first game that have to go.
    Again the game haven't begin testing yet so I have no clue what you'r basing this on is beyond me.

This happend to me aswell I couldn't get it to download the first time I got invited.
    I used a lot of time to find out how to fix this.

When I found out what was wrong and got the launcher to start downloading it was to late by then to play the "game".

Instead of complaining that I could get to play an Alpha of an Aplha I gave them the info on what I experienced and told them how I fixed it so they could do something about it. Or help others that came over the same issue.

And I did not experience any issue this time around, so they did something to fix it, and that's good news!
  • Options
    The Alpha stress test is not fun.  It’s awful gameplay.  Fortunately it bears almost no resemblance to the actual game.  Don’t let a crappy BR dissuade you from the game.  I’m logging into the BR matches so that I can help and also we were told we might get rewards later for participating.  But the gameplay absolutely sucks, it’s almost painful.  I generally can only get in one play session a weekend because that’s about all I can stand.

It hasn’t reduced my enthusiasm for the game though, because this isn’t the game.  That’d be like losing interest in Tetris because I don’t like Pac-Man.
  • Options
    Atama said:
    The Alpha stress test is not fun.  It’s awful gameplay.  Fortunately it bears almost no resemblance to the actual game.  Don’t let a crappy BR dissuade you from the game.  I’m logging into the BR matches so that I can help and also we were told we might get rewards later for participating.  But the gameplay absolutely sucks, it’s almost painful.  I generally can only get in one play session a weekend because that’s about all I can stand.

It hasn’t reduced my enthusiasm for the game though, because this isn’t the game.  That’d be like losing interest in Tetris because I don’t like Pac-Man.

Oh great more exclusive rewards I will miss out on.
  • Options
    well, they need to incentivize the boring testing process somehow. Exclusive cosmetics will have to cut it until it stops feeling like a chore.
  • Options
    You have your chance to get them. You are (probably) choosing not to. Please don't complain later on about not getting them.
    It's also funny to see how you ignore every post, that explains to you how testing works and only comment on the exclusive skins. If you can't beat logic focus on something else to be mad about.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    IMO, if you're still getting bummed over the idea of missing out on exclusive cosmetics, then maybe you aren't as checked out of the game as you think you are.

I would agree that this is a frustrating point in its development from a player-perspective. Despite the remarkable progress that the game has made, all we can really see at the moment is a mediocre-at-best Battle Royale game. And apparently, you weren't even able to access it - partly due to connection issues. That's rough.

But all of those things typically aren't deal-breakers, especially since this current Alpha Stress Test was not a part of the original plan. The Devs just had enough time to make it and test some key multiplayer features because they were ahead of a pretty tough schedule.

I think that the real reason you feel like you're losing interest is simply that it's an extremely long process. It's hard to keep up the hype over time, so it's only natural that you feel your interest waning as we muddle through a slower segment of development (from a player's point of view). Maybe this strikes a chord with you, maybe not. Of course, it could just be that you're losing interest in this type of MMO - hopefully not, but that's a possibility nonetheless.

Best wishes ^-^

- Sikuba
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    If you don't like it don't play it and maybe next time read before you buy 
  • Options
    Sooo, your a lazy pessimistic millennial? Whats the contribution or point your post is making here?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I had a bunch of trouble getting the game to download for 2.5 days, and finally Sunday I was able to get it to launch.  It was very frustrating and I was missing out on events in EQ2.  But I stuck with it, because even "failing" I was helping test.  But I've done Alphas before, not as early as this Alpha, but I knew going in that Alphas are mostly fits of frustration and ever so often fun.  You just have to realize you're not playing a game yet.
  • Options
    I despise Action Combat.

I suck at shooters.

Ashes Battle Royale is work not fun.

...and that's exactly what I knew it would be when I signed up because I knew it was Alpha TESTING

People have been caught up in the phrase "Alpha" and "Beta" from Asian imports that linger for 6 months to a year while localization is done so they can charge you a bunch of money to "playtest" and then make absolutely zero changes.

Intrepid has already made three or four major changes to the game based on the feedback they've gotten.  That's what testing is.

Design > Test > Consider Feedback > then either Press or go back to Design.
  • Options
    Just wait until the MMO alpha. It starts with Alpha 1 phase 2. After that you can actually judge. This phase is just for server/action combat test and other stuff
  • Options
    Jahlon said:
    I despise Action Combat.

I suck at shooters.

Ashes Battle Royale is work not fun.

...and that's exactly what I knew it would be when I signed up because I knew it was Alpha TESTING

People have been caught up in the phrase "Alpha" and "Beta" from Asian imports that linger for 6 months to a year while localization is done so they can charge you a bunch of money to "playtest" and then make absolutely zero changes.

Intrepid has already made three or four major changes to the game based on the feedback they've gotten.  That's what testing is.

Design > Test > Consider Feedback > then either Press or go back to Design.
    I couldn't agree more! especially with the first 3 statements.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    All I could see here is that you don't understand the meaning of Alpha or Testing Phase.
  • Options
    We can not judge the game till phase 2.
  • Options
    That is exactly the reason why I chose to register for the Beta phases. Because I know what Alpha testing is and I also know that I probably would not have enough motivation and energy to test the game in that early stage. Alpha testing is not for everyone and I know it is not for me.
  • Options
    Waa
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Dygz said:
    The battle royale is just there to give testers something more fun to do while testing than just running around in circles. The current gameplay really has little to do with the RPG that will launch.
    For me, I think running around in circles exploring the landscape would have been more fun than the battle royale.

I'm also starting to feel kind of discouraged by the game. I realize that this is an alpha test and that battle royale has absolutely nothing to do with the actual gameplay of the game... but every time I think "oh, I could log on to the stress test and help the game", I then remember the only way to do that is the battle royale and then don't want to bother. I played one session of it and it's just so far from anything I might consider enjoyable that I have just tried to completely put the game out of my mind for awhile. I'm definitely glad I didn't buy alpha 1 access now. I'm hoping to see more in alpha 2, and be encouraged to play again.
  • Options
    BCGiant said:
    We can not judge the game till phase 2.

• Options
    In no way am I trying to pick a side here I think the BR is a brilliant way to get the information the team needs quickly but you can't deny that they have stood in front of an MMO crowd and said "here we have this BR for u to test until we have an MMO for you".
    So u can't expect everyone to be happy nor do I think everyone going for this poor guys throat over a post based on his opinion is really fair.

In some aspect he is right, the game is only a year away from full release and we haven't seen anything really from the MMO we don't know what the other 6 races look like in-game nor do we know the spells and augments of the x number of classes (so many I forget the number). Given all the team can do is work hard behind the curtain on this stuff it's not hard to understand why people are looking at what we know as concrete information and going ... wait there's not much to hold my faith here tbh.

I've been an MMO player since I was like 6 years old so waiting for MMO information even though no one is giving me a reason to is easy for me. I certainly don't expect everyone to be like that and wouldn't start throwing insults and harsh words at someone just cus they don't find the situation easy.
  • Options
    I mean if you give up this easily on the game you shouldn't have spent 300 bucks man.
  • Options
    A lot of **** replies lol.
    Community is my biggest fault with this game.
    From the man that brought you such great hits as: 
    "I don't give opinions, I give information that will work, that they can follow or not."
    "Not arrogance, truths relative to me over 20 years of gaming."
    "Not one of you used foresight when approaching my ideas."
    And who could forget:
    "Any moron can make pvp great."
    "I hate relying on people and I hate people. This community is shaping up to one of the worst as it is."

But don't take my word for it, check out more timeless classics like:
    "Would you care if exclusive cosmetics became available in game?" where you can taste the salt about not buying earlier cosmetics, or
    "Might end up not playing very long." where expectations of a completed MMORPG during pre-alpha testing will truly break your heart.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/39885/general-feedback-from-a-20-year-mmo-player
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/40733/would-you-care-if-exclusive-cosmetics-became-available-in-game

...stop engaging this dude please.