Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is everyone's take on the monthly cosmetics?

Comments

• Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've only purchased one outside of KS.
    I have liked many of them, but it's hard to buy based on art alone. Once the game goes live I will probably buy maybe one a month or two just to show support.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ^^^
    ive boughten a few, im still waiting on my Wolf Mount like a cool looking one not a generic white wolf :(
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have bought all of the necro items but everything else is just meh
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I liekd my dragon ones from a month or 2 ago but alot of the costumes are piss poor imo
    maybe im just used to frilly costumes from RO and BnS but nothing they put out has popped at me and mad e me wanna spend 20$ i buy all the 5$ cloaks tho, lol and the shield nad criclet stuff like that cuz its cheap
  • Options
    I think the only skins I love so far are the freehold skins
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    tbf i liked the Ice Palace one from December but i dont care to buy any of those lol
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I like seeing the different art concepts but I've only bought 3 things since the end of A0. It's just not all of them are the best packs and for the $ they kinda are blah lol.
    I am still not 100% on board with monthly cosmetics without any concrete game or even testing grounds to justify throwing cash at.
  • Options
    yup i feel ya it gives ppl the wrong impression of IS i think
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I look at the buildings, and since I can only have one Freehold, ever, I think...do I really want/need this (even though I love it)? Will I have the space? and that pretty much makes my decision, especially at $25 a pop.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I think if they cut the price by half on the big items people would be more likely to buy them
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    yea thats the theory with items like that the cheaper it is the more people that buy it, ie 100ppl buy it at 20$ but 1000 ppl buy it at 5$
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I could see the current prices if they were actual items, but they're just skins, so the premium prices don't jive, especially with a subscription game.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    elf wrote: »
    I could see the current prices if they were actual items, but they're just skins, so the premium prices don't jive, especially with a subscription game.

Agreed. I honestly think they should cut the prices in half I mean its not like its F2P
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    agreed
  • Options
    TheCouchNerdTheCouchNerd Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It kinda feels a bit cash grabby to pump out packs every month even before the game is out. It doesn't really help that all we have to see is concept art, no rendered models and no testing ground/game to use our purchases in. I'm all for pre-order packs but changing them out every month is a bit steep. I'd rather see them changed to every third month or something along those lines.
  • Options
    Totally understandable, every third month would be better and they could use the extra time to improve on the concepts they give us
  • Options
    Not a bad Idea
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    it would give them more time to show more than just concept art. But they may need the income they get from the monthly packs.
  • Options
    I hope that isnt the case, if thye really needed the funds they coulda done other means, or maybe go publicly about it lets all hope that isnt the case
  • Options
    Indeed if they did need the founds I would have thought the comunity would help in some way
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    yea tbh start another KS for cosmetics or game time or something like that, no need to beat around the bush and push mass amts of cosmetics depleteing your creative minds to think of comsetics in the future.
  • Options
    Another Kickstarter would not for legal reasons work but something like the summer backing would. that is to say if they needed more funds
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    yea if they need the funds they need to clearly lay out to the community what they are exactly for, Ie the KS was used to add all that other stuff into the game. If they need to hire few more CS members/Architectural desginers to fix then back end then so be it, as long as they say it publicly im all for it
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Like Nagash said the price is the problem but also the exclusivity, they could have made the skins and release them with their models when the game launches. As for the Intrepid Packs they could have made 1 set of small cosmetics for people who bought them and stayed with it all the way until launch. Changing that shit around is obviously just for cash and that rubs me the wrong way with how APOC is monetized and the backers already dropped a lot of cash on the game.

I only buy the ones I really like or just the 5$ one each month to have a little collection, 20$ for a fucking armor skin.... 10 I could deal with but 20 ?! if the game was F2P then maybe but not with a sub.
  • Options
    nagash wrote: »
    Another Kickstarter would not for legal reasons work but something like the summer backing would. that is to say if they needed more funds

They better not even think of launching another campaign for ''funds'' because they sure as hell dont need it.
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »
    nagash wrote: »

They better not even think of launching another campaign for ''funds'' because they sure as hell dont need it.

Then they can lower the price of cosmetics then :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I liked Steven's answer in the last interview with Jahlon about hiring more staff for better making the game's interactions with NPCs seamless and progressing the travel aspect. This would require time and pay. I'd say Steven has got to be one of the best and most transparent bosses to work for. He gets my hopes up about this game because he runs a good business model. No doubt. ✌
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Like Nagash said the price is the problem but also the exclusivity, they could have made the skins and release them with their models when the game launches. As for the Intrepid Packs they could have made 1 set of small cosmetics for people who bought them and stayed with it all the way until launch. Changing that shit around is obviously just for cash and that rubs me the wrong way with how APOC is monetized and the backers already dropped a lot of cash on the game.

I only buy the ones I really like or just the 5$ one each month to have a little collection, 20$ for a fucking armor skin.... 10 I could deal with but 20 ?! if the game was F2P then maybe but not with a sub.

Agreed and that sends out the signal they need or want more cash (in my opinion), even though the game was supposed to be fully funded as a core viable product and they made a record kickstarter on-top of that. Same goes with the battle pass that was supposed to fund 24/7 server upkeep of the BR. They still kept selling them even though they knew they had issues.

Just having pre-order packs and maybe change those out every third or six months should be enough, again, in my opinion.
  • Options

Agreed and that sends out the signal they need or want more cash (in my opinion), even though the game was supposed to be fully funded as a core viable product and they made a record kickstarter on-top of that. Same goes with the battle pass that was supposed to fund 24/7 server upkeep of the BR. They still kept selling them even though they knew they had issues.

Just having pre-order packs and maybe change those out every third or six months should be enough, again, in my opinion.

Too much exclusivity in terms of cosmetics before the game is even live c:
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I don't like it at all...

The game should have a character preview and armor display thing for it before doing this stuff, even if it isn't selling stuff on a cash shop in a subscription game which is just greedy. =c