Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Death Penalty... PVX>PVE?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @darkpeppy thank god someone gets me.
    I guess you're right, they will never know.
    Kind of sad softies get to set the standards
    I hope devs are smart enough to not give them what they want
  • Options
    ninfosho wrote: »
    @darkpeppy thank god someone gets me.
    I guess you're right, they will never know.
    Kind of sad softies get to set the standards
    I hope devs are smart enough to not give them what they want

sometimes what people want is not what they need.. I don't know, maybe the devs should listen to them, maybe not, but I'll just wait for the release and hopefully they'll make a good MMO again..
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Autumnleaf wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    You do realise that we have all of the thread we made on this very same topic in the archive. Why don't you look at that and see peoples views?

Most people dont realize there is an archive it seems.

thats means I can upload all my old posts and now one will care

That's how you farm forums stats.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    Im going to focus on the pvp side of this. If I remember correctly the plan in this game is anyone can flag up for pvp and kill a nonflagged player at the cost of corruption (if not hit back). I do wish for the incentive to get corruption to be there but I also want to point out what may happen if getting killed by say another player because they got jealous of your gear and wanted it to drop on your death. This would cause a good amount of players to go from playing what they want to play, to a class that is the best meta so they wont die and lose their gear. If I want to play my summoner but I have no chance at 1v1 to the point where i'm constantly losing all my hard earned gear because my class is an easy picking in pvp, at a certain point getting attacked constantly for my gear will outweigh the fun of the class to where I would roll something like a predator so that I can fight back and keep my hard earned gear. I dont know about the pve side of things but if another player can attack me out of the open with no warning and my hard earned gear is lost due to roll of RNG and that player's greed, I wouldnt want to gear up any character without fear of that being stolen.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Gear only drops on death for Corrupted players.
  • Options
    As a player who does not enjoy PVP, I initially did not want to play BDO because of topics created on their forums stating if you don't like PVP, then BDO is not for you. However, I still wanted to try the game and absolutely fell in love with not only the world, but life skilling. It is completely different from what I have known crafting to be in WoW. I find it engaging and somewhat of a fun puzzle to figure out how to maximize my profit for time spent. That being said, I was very happy to find my own way to play in what others only deemed as a "PVP game". I also found ways to avoid PVP, but yes, occasionally someone would flag on me for a spot, and I would move on.
    I can say I would be highly disappointed if every time I died in the game, one of my pieces of gear was "broken/gone", after spending a lot of time getting them. However, I find that having sockets with valuable gems in them (which could be broken on death) still stung to lose, but not as bad as a heartbreak. Another option would be to think back to the ole days of EQ when you had to run back to your corpse naked to get your gear. :smile:
  • Options
    dygz wrote: »
    Gear only drops on death for Corrupted players.

I was stating my point from the perspective of increasing the death penalties and why that wouldn't work in my view.