Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Please make a labyrinth

OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I know you're making dungeons, but I would love a good ol twisting winding labyrinth. Bonus points if it changes based on conditions you meet within the maze.

We make corn mazes all the time, we see em in movies and heard about em in fantastic legends. I say why not have one in your favorite MMO!?

Comments

• Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This would be fun!
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Now that I would love to see
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes please.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited April 2019
    Endless Labyrinth, changing every day or week... traps, monster and treasures.

Granting the title Maze Runner 🤔

PS: I watched the maze runner trilogy
  • Options
    Will we have mini raid bosses that defend the crossroads

r.i.p star man
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Or we get a event where's a dungeon master and a group of heroes trying o get through!
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would be an interesting raid idea. A giant labyrinth, with a changing route each week, with switching boss positions and always a big minotaur end boss in the middle. :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    How big would it need to be for you?
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That would be a tonne of fun!
  • Options
    It could be a magical place... through a portal! There the space would be no problem and yea. Many people can try dying
  • Options
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    It could be a magical place... through a portal! There the space would be no problem and yea. Many people can try dying

Like the idea with the magical portal, they could make it a challenge dungeon.
    A ton of minibosses and on a timer, each miniboss could have a treasure chest and a gigantic treasure chest could be in the middle of the labyrinth.
    And when the timer runs out, then a minotaur catches you, and you have to fight him, ending the dungeon. :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Ibarumarky wrote: »

Like the idea with the magical portal, they could make it a challenge dungeon.
    A ton of minibosses and on a timer, each miniboss could have a treasure chest and a gigantic treasure chest could be in the middle of the labyrinth.
    And when the timer runs out, then a minotaur catches you, and you have to fight him, ending the dungeon. :D

woooh yes!
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Awesome idea~! I'm not sure what kind of things it would reward but that does seem cool... maybe there's something chasing you around in it too 0.0
    Poko.png
  • Options
    I know want a goblin king cosmetic
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A Minotaur's head for the taverns if you win!
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    azathoth wrote: »
    A Minotaur's head for the taverns if you win!

oh now that would be a great boss fight
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    grisugrisu Member
    edited April 2019
    A labyrinth would be awesome. A labyrinth where finding the way is as much a challenge as the fights and puzzles. Cuase Labyrinths needs puzzles, hidden rooms, locked doors and ancient evils that have been originally trapped in the labyrinth in the first place.

And it's sodiverse, just skimming through the first comments, there are such diverse ideas. Time challenges, stuff chasing you (holy crap I want that), changing routes each week. hnng. yessss gimme
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    You could do a leader board and decide on different sizes of the labyrinth you want to tackle.
  • Options
    What if the labyrinth switched every week and introduced new bosses? That would be really cool
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

latest?cb=20130512215236

Its... Its perfect!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

latest?cb=20130512215236

Its... Its perfect!

you dare ruin the true goblin king!

http%3A%2F%2Fi.huffpost.com%2Fgen%2F3877628%2Fimages%2Fn-GOBLIN-KING-628x314.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

you dare ruin the true goblin king!

http%3A%2F%2Fi.huffpost.com%2Fgen%2F3877628%2Fimages%2Fn-GOBLIN-KING-628x314.jpg

David Bowie
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Put a player in charge of the traps and layout so they can change it during exploration times, that would be fucking great.
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »
    Put a player in charge of the traps and layout so they can change it during exploration times, that would be fucking great.

They could make it a holiday special dungeon :D
    One player has to hinder the party, and if he does it then he gets a special head piece transmog
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As long as there is a quick way out if you absolute need.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options

They could make it a holiday special dungeon :D
    One player has to hinder the party, and if he does it then he gets a special head piece transmog

Use a monster coin and make it a node event c:
  • Options
    Halloween event
  • Options

dungeon defenders 4 ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019

You could have certain parts of the maps that are surprises and have multiple levels, with someone capable of trapping the lower person, and then the lower person could take out the supports of a bridge while they're passing.

Make it competitive for who completes it first.

There is a game mode I'm drawing inspiration from in garry's mod. Where players are opposed by "death" and that's one player setting traps off, and more players arrive as they die. Becoming more deaths, and eventually the really skilled people toy with the traps and either set them off or die.
  • Options
    Zomnivore wrote: »

You could have certain parts of the maps that are surprises and have multiple levels, with someone capable of trapping the lower person, and then the lower person could take out the supports of a bridge while they're passing.

Make it competitive for who completes it first.

There is a game mode I'm drawing inspiration from in garry's mod. Where players are opposed by "death" and that's one player setting traps off, and more players arrive as they die. Becoming more deaths, and eventually the really skilled people toy with the traps and either set them off or die.

Well the overall idea is great, I really hope they implement a kind of Dungeon Master position c: