Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dungeon finder, Raid finder and Group finder

2»

Comments

• Options
    crymoarcrymoar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Probably need to have them. If you have a tight group of friends and / or are a member of a large guild then you won't need to use them.
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    crymoar wrote: »
    Probably need to have them. If you have a tight group of friends and / or are a member of a large guild then you won't need to use them.
    What is your reasoning for them needing to exist? There are plenty of reasons in this thread for them to not exist they harm the social nature of MMOs.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Shadowfang Keep
    • Be a dwarf paladin.
    • Get quest to retrieve part of a hammer from SFK.
    • Few if any guildees logged on.
    • Decide to scout it out.
    • Run my little buns from IF all the way to SFK.
    • Enjoy the exploration and occasional combat.
    • Would do it again... with friends.
    • Would be bored the Xth time but would if I have to.
    BFD among many others had this "problem" as well.

Could see a shortcut method but nothing ever as society breaking as LF mechanics.

We'll just have to solve our own "problems".
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited May 2019
    mytherios wrote: »
    as the title suggests the discussion is about the different kinds of (finders) we find in games, will AoC have them if yes will they be on all kind of content (raids, dungeons,...etc), what all of you think about it, do you want the game to have this kind of accessibility or not? and in which kind of content do you want them?

i believe you couldve asked this on their discord and other channels but aside from that
    i hope they make a system like that with the exception of working in the same node or local area and add more options to it ...
    it certainly is a great tool
    either having that or having owls or ravens or bulleting boards or etc....

intrepid always comes up with great ideas so either way ill be ok with their choice
  • Options
    bdoellebdoelle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I'm fine with a tool that helps players advertise and join groups. I am definitely NOT fine with an automated group finder where you just press a button and get automatically get put into a group with random people.

Here here!
    Doellemite, Master of Beasts, Leader of Defiance
  • Options
    I dont like them aswell. Hope they really are not going to be implemented.
    LWtNpuz.png
  • Options
    I remember the good old vanilla wow... that was something... all the way down to molten core...or The travels towards Ahn'Quiraj... it was exhausting but the world felt much better.

Atleast I would suggest a quest board or so... where people can left note that last for some time telling the reader what the person had in mind. (Dungeon,....)
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    aird88 wrote: »
    I don't even like the world or ZOI chat to be a part of the game. I would rather love to see messengers like ravens or owls that people can send messages from when they want to relay information to another city. I am however okay with maybe talk within the node that you are in which will help you organize a group more efficiently. For social reasons, I think guild, group, alliance, and raid chat should be allowed throughout the world though. The main reason I wouldn't want to include world or ZOI chat is that it will break the discovery side of things. You will have people spamming the chat with, "if you want mithril ore then travel northeast to so and so".
    Ha. I expect to be using discord voice and/or twitch chat most of the time.
    In-game chat is sooooo 20th century.
    People spamming discoveries via in-game chat is irrelevant when I'm also watching twitch and YouTube vids.

• Options
    I was thinking about this and I don't really like how it takes out the social aspect of finding one either. Makes chat a dustbowl.
  • Options
    meh
    Typically there is no social aspect of finding others in any case.
    One of my biggest pet peeves is people inviting me to join a party or raid without any conversation at all.
    Most gamers play MMORPGs to kill stuff as efficiently as possible. They don't care much about being social.
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    dygz wrote: »
    Most gamers play MMORPGs to kill stuff as efficiently as possible. They don't care much about being social.

I generally agree with this statement, however I don't think the game should allow it to be a viable strategy. Group content should require some level of coordination and since AoC is going to have in game voice coms there no reason not to. LFG tools especially automated ones don't allow the group to be selective about what classes join the party the end result being a random grab bag of utility. If the dungeon has a mechanic that can be simplified or nullified by having a rogue in the party than I don't want to take the chance that the 7 random people I'm grouped with don't include a rogue. I'd much rather take the time to selectively put my group together.

Additionally having players build groups manually adds a reputation aspect to grouping. If someone has made a reputation of being a massive ass, that person will find it more difficult to get groups in the future.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    perseus01perseus01 Member
    edited May 2019
    Which begs the question, should you be able to see everyone that is in a "node"? If your just standing there and I invite you to group that's one thing, but targeting individuals inside a node is another. All of which are increments to a Bounty Hunter's game.

I'm just thinking outside the box a little since we don't have much information yet. I assume it would be hard for a PK'er to join a group though...😝
  • Options
    No one is going to force anyone to use LFG in any case.
    Especially since Ashes dungeons and raids are primarily open world rather than instanced.
    I'm not sure that LFG is synonymous with random matchmaker.

I don't expect Ashes to have a matchmaker, but if so it would probably err on the side of a group with one of each primary archetype. And we would be complaining that we don't necessarily always want one of each primary archetype.

Since Ashes consists of open world dungeons and raids and caravans and sieges and monster coin attacks that are dynamic rather than static - we will almost always have a mix of choosing our groups and pugs.
    Reputation is also a factor of random matches - you still learn who to kick from the group.
  • Options
    Automated group finders work when they're good and are atrocious when they don't. Meaning, that if you can quickly and easily find a group through an automated group-finder system, it makes the game feel alive -- like a lot of people are playing and the class distribution on the server is good enough that its matching you easily.

Conversely, when it takes *forever* to find a group, it gives the impression that the server is slower or less populated and can be a self-fulfilling reason for player loss.

Personally, I do like the social aspect of forming groups for raids, but its also nice to be able to queue for something and be able to do other things while I wait. I don't necessarily want to spend 20 minutes trying to find that last person, then someone has to go eat dinner, you know?

They have their advantages and disadvantages.
  • Options
    This finders are convenient but when you add the human element they will literally KILL an MMO.
    Main reason is poeple under the guise of anonymity (sorry if spelled wrong) and become very rude and toxic.
    So every time you que you will be playing with someone you will might never see again. And when that happens people just act really stupid.

If you act stupid on your own server guess what after a while people just will not play with you and may find yourself on a black list and what you did wrong. So because of human element.

Instant que KILLS MMOs

But there will be boards were you will find people on your server will be trying to find group for dungeouns so it will still be fairly easy.

It is Better to wait 5 to 15 min to make an eight man group than instant que.

I made a group and found myself under a little pressure trying to show and prove to the people on my server that I was a decent player just so they would play again. not just well another dungeon no big deal.

INSTANT QUES DESTROYs that.

So yes you might get into a dungeoun in less than one minute you may find yourself wiping alot or playing with a complete troll or someone does not listen and do not get achievement So this FINDERS KILLs the MMO experience.
  • Options
    georgeblackgeorgeblack Member
    edited June 2019
    They are bad.
    They make an open world mmorpg into Co-op stages game. Boring and repetitive.

They should only be used for arena/bg PvP content.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a mechanic that matches you with other players from your own server ( i dont want anything cross server) I'm ok with not being transported to the dungeon, I don't mind traveling I just don't want to have to spam lf2m for xyz in chat.
  • Options
    Steve Said there are going to be boards so in ths case there might be people forming groups for some dungeoun but you have to be invited and group leader will have oppurtunity to inspect gear and aske questions like have you eve done this dungeound before and do you know the fights. That is not instant que.