Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Any interesting build that you are going to try out in AoC?

13»

Comments

• BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    CC and Damage over time caster builds. If that is a possibility, If now I will go for 2hnd max crit.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just shortened it. It looked weird in the 'Like' lists.

Still on the necromancer / undead bandwagon. I was tempted to change it to Arkhan or Khetep. But @Nagash might not have liked that... Wouldn't want to annoy the skelepope.

Choose whatever name you want dude! No one cares, what the old sack of bones thinks ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

Still on the necromancer / undead bandwagon. I was tempted to change it to Arkhan or Khetep. But @Nagash might not have liked that... Wouldn't want to annoy the skelepope.

Choose whatever name you want dude! No one cares, what the old sack of bones thinks ;D

Damokles is right I dont care what you call yourself as long as you serve
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

Thank you oh great lord!

<fawning voice> By the way, do you have any tips for a budding necromancer? Not trying to toady up like your main dude Arkhan.
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    not yet
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

Thank you oh great lord!

<fawning voice> By the way, do you have any tips for a budding necromancer? Not trying to toady up like your main dude Arkhan.

don't be like Manfred

that is all
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • I'm really interested in seeing how Bladecaller will work (Fighter/Summoner). I'm kinda hoping that it will be like a combo of Irelia from LoL and Blade Master from Blade & Soul.

Battle Mage (Mage/Fighter) I'm interested in, but need a lot more info on how the augmentation will work.

Harbinger (Tank/Mage (Lighting)) could be pretty cool visually. The mental image that comes to mind for me is a "booming" (Thunder) voice to call aggro, then zapping anyone who gets too close.
    E8OOol.gif
  • DemidreamerDemidreamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am leaning towards Mage/Cleric(Acolyte)
    Kind of wondering if shield would be available with spellbook/sword or maybe an awlpike would be cool.
    I am envisioning/hoping for a jedi consular/sith sorcerer playstyle(swtor): CC nukes and limited healing
  • Dunno about interesting but there are 3 builds I wanna try and they’re all sword wielders

Sword and shield tank/mage (spellshield) because I love to tank and do magic

The other two I wanna try and recreate some d&d builds I don’t get to play as (forever dm)
    A two handed sword wielding mage/fighter (battle mage)
    And a rapier wielding bard/fighter (tellsword) to go for that college of the sword bard
  • Bard/Rouge Trickers class looks interesting
    Summoner/Tank Brood Warden looks enticing, will try this one first.
    Might also try the Mage/Summoner Warlock class...that could be fun.

I wish they would drop some details on some of the classes, even if the info isnt completely full. Any dedicated description would be amazing at this point since they are 3-4 years in.
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm really interested in seeing how Bladecaller will work (Fighter/Summoner). I'm kinda hoping that it will be like a combo of Irelia from LoL and Blade Master from Blade & Soul.

Battle Mage (Mage/Fighter) I'm interested in, but need a lot more info on how the augmentation will work.

Harbinger (Tank/Mage (Lighting)) could be pretty cool visually. The mental image that comes to mind for me is a "booming" (Thunder) voice to call aggro, then zapping anyone who gets too close.

Tank/mage is a Spellshield ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • I typically always play a tank so I have to have my main role is tank. Then I might either go with Tank/Fighter or Tank/Cleric.
  • I don’t think it will happen in this game ... as it’s never happened in any other game ... but would love to eventually get to play a ranger archetype based heavily on master bow usage with one range opener from stealth If sitting perfectly still and a loyal pet to tear into my foes.... with aNother stealth ability to explore with. I’d like the finishing touch to this class to have the ability to dual weild in melee occasionally albeit not very efficient with it but enough to have a little fun with less powerful foes for role play flavor
  • KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    One of my first characters will be a cleric. I love healing and that is what I will pretty much stick to through the game. A Dunir High Priest with a crossbow for ranged and a double-headed hammer for melee.
    My goal is to try out all of the secondaries and their augments to find what I will enjoy when the game launches, but my first choice sounds like a lot of fun.
  • NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Whichever class archtypes allows me to fight in peoples face the most, but with magic.

I get bored with melee weapons sometimes and the idea of being a magic warrior (like Dragon aged knight enchanters) has always hugely appealed to me.

I of course will accept the loss of range penalties for magical utility if I can fight on par with other melee warriors. And it actually be viable and equal not just an option
  • I would love to play a caster using holy power like a smiter. Maybe Mage/Cleric becomes to an Acolyte. Just with this name I can't say he has more a light or a dark setting. Tank/Cleric becomes to Paladin and Fighter/Cleric to Highsword. Both sounds more holy. But Summoner/Cleric becomes to a Necromancer.
    In The most RPGs the damage spec of a cleric or priest is more dark like an inquisitor or shadow priest in wow.