Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Best Idea ever. DOUBLE SHIELDS.

2»

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Why do people want double shields? They could just introduce HUGE shields, that are two-handed. League of legends has Braum, a guy with one huge shield, a it looks really cool.

Braum_0.jpg

ability_0201_E1.jpg

It could work like a movable wall, giving your teammates protection from frontal (like a dragons breath etc) AoE attacks and projectiles.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This just strikes be as extremely boring gameplay. You're just standing around getting hit, there's on counter attacking.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Arzosah wrote: »
    This just strikes be as extremely boring gameplay. You're just standing around getting hit, there's on counter attacking.

Who says that they cant counterattack? Maybe something with cummulating the recieved damage and returning a percentage of it in one blow, or one giant shield bumerang. I just think that ONE giant shield would look way better then two smaller shields....
    (They could make better/more detailed skins, with more surface area)

Captain America had those and it just didnt really look like shields, but rather fistweapons.

Screen_Shot_2018_02_05_at_10.51.37_AM.0.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    why use two shields when you can be the shield
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    BotBot Member
    consultant wrote: »
    Well maybe that is because no one has ever presented the idea properly.

The issue with your idea is pretty much any double shield idea you could have can be implemented by just having some sort of magical shield instead. For example, throwing an ethereal shield from your back instead of actually having another shield equipped. With the shield bashing skills, would make more sense to just bash the enemy with magical fists or just smacking them back and forth with one shield.
  • Options
    NarysNarys Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    An interesting idea but sadly I don't think we'll see it in AoC based upon what Steven has mentioned previously.
    wtmb2cxjbyas.gif
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree with the person whom stated thusly. duel wielding shields is a good B+ but 2handing a giant shield is thinking with portals.
  • Options
    OrcLuck wrote: »
    I agree with the person whom stated thusly. duel wielding shields is a good B+ but 2handing a giant shield is thinking with portals.

Yes, yes i do infact think with portals. ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I wouldve liked to see it too but sadly Steven already said no
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    Well actually if they could put it in game just as a magical ability maybe tied to some shield or magical armour that would be a good way to see how the well it is taken by the community.

• Options
    consultant wrote: »
    Well actually if they could put it in game just as a magical ability maybe tied to some shield or magical armour that would be a good way to see how the well it is taken by the community.

Like the GW2 guardian? A (magical) shield over a shield!
    a6XEiIf.gif