Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will we ever see an Orc / Dwarf Metropolis?

Comments

• Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    LOL Button!! ^^^^^
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    noemadnoemad Member
    edited July 2019
    damokles wrote: »
    The elves look to be the same as they are in ESO.

You mean constipated? Because that seems to be their default facial expression. They have RCF, Resting Constipated Face.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ^LoL-Button
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    #purpleVek

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    Thoghli RamheartThoghli Ramheart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    consultant wrote: »
    Maybe you could get all the dwarves to get together and play in certain node. It goes by which race gives the node the most experience. From what I know you could wait to level five node then get as many dwarves as you can in your area so that when the metropolis comes it will dwarven

I really plan on doing something similar to this exact thing!
  • Options
    I'm drawn to elves and dwarves but hard to choose until I see more of what each race gets.
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    ghoosty wrote: »
    Without racial bonuses, I can't really tell which race will I chose. In WoW, my main was orc. I like the taurens much better, but their racial was worse for hunter, that is why I chose orc. But in lot of other MMO, I played with elves.
    From the concept arts it seem that there will be not big differences between races, mainly the head. I am not happy with it. :(

A player's choice of race will influence their racial abilities.

Each race has different base stats.
    Races are not gender or class locked.
    Some classes may work better with certain races but nothing is enforced.

Stat growth
    Stat growth proceeds in the following order:
    The race "seeds" a player's base stats.
    The primary archetype grows the base stats.
    The secondary archetype (class) further grows the stats.

thats why everyone wants to see racial bonuses, the seed could make it easier in the first levels
  • Options
    The dwarf of Karaz Ankor will build a mighty stronghold and we will KILL ALL THE GREENSKIN WE SEE! THE BOOK OF GRUDGE REMAIN FULL!
    1595274201-runesmith.jpg
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The dwarf of Karaz Ankor will build a mighty stronghold and we will KILL ALL THE GREENSKIN WE SEE! THE BOOK OF GRUDGE REMAIN FULL!

Grudge this grudge that you dawi are all the same
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

To an untrained eye you may see that, though meet us for an brew and you will see different!
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you want a dwarf city there is ...iron forge
  • Options

To an untrained eye you may see that, though meet us for an brew and you will see different!

Sure let me a SKELETON have a drink with you. ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Aardvark wrote: »

Played Wow for far too long and wanting to create something with our stamp lol
  • Options
    Ravudha wrote: »
    As much as I want to see a Nikua and Ren'Kair metropolis, I know it's going to come down to player demographics - will we have servers full of elves and humans...yet again...will people pick something new...who knows. Even if there are many dwarves and orcs, they'll still need to outnumber the other races in their areas or in their guilds, which seems...unlikely? what do you think?

What race are you leaning toward? Personally, I like the look of Ren'kai.

Since there are racial starting areas presumably the nodes near the starting area will almost certainly be from that race. I'm not sure if a node will change racial architecture if say a bunch of humans showed up in between say stage 4 and 5. That would be a little weird to see the architecture change, but even so I would imagine the nodes right in front of the starting areas will have a regular influx of that race to fuel it.

Can't say for sure which race I would take, but the Tulnar are tempting just because of the wild variations that are possible.
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited August 2020
    plusbrian wrote: »
    Ravudha wrote: »
    As much as I want to see a Nikua and Ren'Kair metropolis, I know it's going to come down to player demographics - will we have servers full of elves and humans...yet again...will people pick something new...who knows. Even if there are many dwarves and orcs, they'll still need to outnumber the other races in their areas or in their guilds, which seems...unlikely? what do you think?

What race are you leaning toward? Personally, I like the look of Ren'kai.

Since there are racial starting areas presumably the nodes near the starting area will almost certainly be from that race. I'm not sure if a node will change racial architecture if say a bunch of humans showed up in between say stage 4 and 5. That would be a little weird to see the architecture change, but even so I would imagine the nodes right in front of the starting areas will have a regular influx of that race to fuel it.

Can't say for sure which race I would take, but the Tulnar are tempting just because of the wild variations that are possible.

Those starting areas are more an artefact of the lore. We can choose our starting gateway/area regardless of our race just to give players choice and let friends start together.
  • Options
    Aardvark wrote: »

Ironforge
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited August 2020
    Karthos wrote: »
    The fact Horde out numbers Alliance in WoW across the whole population doesn't support your theory at all.

Problem is that it is because of the gay elves that, that is the case. The elves will outnumber us all.

Shadowforge is cooler.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    If those Beach Dwarves get some good racials Im down to be one. Need some cool tiki item sets also.
  • Options
    Damn right you will, Dunir rise up!
  • Options
    MalcMalc Member
    Could always probe in the guilds section, looking for players that want to see these types of metropolis in game, there's no doubt that there's enough people wanting to play dwarves/orcs that they could easily accomplish this.
    kNfIFH6.gif
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nikua are going to need some nice racials. I feel like they will be highly neglected otherwise.

I always play elves and won't be mixing it up at least not initially this time around (tulnar are on my radar for an alt) but I would like to see balance.
    signature.png
  • Options
    Without racial bonuses, I can't really tell which race will I chose. In WoW, my main was orc. I like the taurens much better, but their racial was worse for hunter, that is why I chose orc. But in lot of other MMO, I played with elves.
    From the concept arts it seem that there will be not big differences between races, mainly the head. I am not happy with it. :(

Stat growth

WOAH!!! Even with your talk of maths, I will be a orcy mage throwin fireballs!
  • Options
    Malc wrote: »
    Could always probe in the guilds section, looking for players that want to see these types of metropolis in game, there's no doubt that there's enough people wanting to play dwarves/orcs that they could easily accomplish this.

I have thought of that though did not want to go against the rules in some of the forums haha
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There will be and not only that but the Orcs shall ravage the land and take it for themselves. We shall consume the land, take it all for ourselves and establish an everlasting Orc Empire that will last until the end of time.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    Tulnar. Tulnar. Tulnar. Tulnar!
    V3iglez.jpg

Tulnar4Lyfe!
  • Options
    Tulnar. Tulnar. Tulnar. Tulnar!
    V3iglez.jpg

By the Great Horned Rat I had never even THOUGHT about a Tulnar majority but that is very possible! We have no idea what a Tulnar anything looks like yet sadly.

Wouldn't it be epic that IF it is Tulnar, it will sink beneath the earth and become a subterranean city?!!!

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    I really need to start a cull
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited August 2020
    I really need to start a cull

There's a typo...I think you meant to replace that last 'l' with a 't' ;)
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dwarves and orcs combine to form

DORC CITY!!!!

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Drag13 wrote: »

Stat growth

WOAH!!! Even with your talk of maths, I will be a orcy mage throwin fireballs!

I will be an orc supertank... we will make a 2 orc metropolis.