Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How Important is Tab Target, Anyway?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Turn based is still the best and I will not hear otherwise
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Look Nagash, not everyone is able to step outside of the space-time continuum using supernatural powers derived from the netherworld, okay? Some of us have to obey a linear time scale and can’t directly control it. For us, turn-based games just don’t have the same appeal. I get that it’s hard to understand the limitations of a mortal’s perspective but we just can’t suck out souls and necromantically knead the fabric of the universe like silly putty.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Look Nagash, not everyone is able to step outside of the space-time continuum using supernatural powers derived from the netherworld, okay? Some of us have to obey a linear time scale and can’t directly control it. For us, turn-based games just don’t have the same appeal. I get that it’s hard to understand the limitations of a mortal’s perspective but we just can’t suck out souls and necromantically knead the fabric of the universe like silly putty.

All I hear is excuses now get on my level
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2019
    Rostek wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »
    Rostek wrote: »
    After playing so many tab target MMOs, I'm kinda bored of it. I want a similar combat experience to single player RPGs such as Dark Souls, Witcher and Skyrim etc. I'd be fine with BDO's combat but less spammy and more tactical with fewer AoEs.

BDO can do that because they dont have dungeons or raids. Other games have to think about such things like landing heals ;)

Not really. Same can be done with action. Only this time you'll need to aim the abilities instead of pressing the same buttons in order :)

If you're pressing the same buttons in the same order, you're playing a shit tab target game.

Also, that style of action combat wouldn't work in a PvP setting, especially in regards to an open world encounter and the PvP that goes along with it.

Good luck aiming a Skyrim style heal at specific player when there are 100 friendly players and 120 enemy players between the and you - and that isn't even including the boss.
  • Options
    torkel56torkel56 Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    midgard wrote: »
    how about the healer ?
    i woud like to use tab targeting .
    or woud you like me to try and keep my mouse cursor on your toon while you are jumping around and dodging ?
    tab targeting olso allows me to chat while in combat whith party members or my guild or watever .

i like to play MMOs in longer runs like 4-5 hours at a time .
    and i might be old fashion but i like to chat whith text instead of talking into a microphone .

Action based combat healer done right.

Here is a video of a priest healing in Tera in one of the hardest dungeons in the game. This is my favorite type of combat, fast and fun! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9Edpu2qnc

I agree. If your going to do action combat, I think it needs to be more like this.Tera did combat right.
    I see some here like dodgeing combat. I cant see how rolling to left and right is fun to dodge is fun.