Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Tab target only

Comments

• SeloSelo Member
    edited October 2019
    Magic Man wrote: »
    yawn
    Nice cheerypicking.
    And im sorry you were unable to understand what i said, which i said later on.
    Apperantly you "had enough" of me to even save screenshots XD
    Affiliate Code:
    0dbea148-8cb8-4711-ba90-eb0864e93b5f
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My favorite part of peeps that troll is giving them the lol button.
    Sigh, I guess people's feelings matter when it's theirs.

I think the risk/reward currently being pitched is on spot with what they originally pitched when I started backing. Therefore I am glad that's still the current plan. I do feel sorry for those that came later thinking that since Ashes was still in development they could complain loud enough to change the course of the game.

That said, I also believe the tab-target aspects of combat will be just as much fun as the action aspects. However, I am an adult and I can like two things that are different equally.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2019
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    LoL button is toxic and insulting. I bet that's what you rotten humans want it for.

Go play your stupid friendly-bully games somewhere else. Our world shall be as unstained as possible.

Role 6

Wtf...
    LoL-Button
    You were way more insulting in many of your posts then the LoL-Button...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Azathoth wrote: »
    this might be my favorite thread this week :heart: , thank you.

Is this still your favorite thread?

Wondering if I can come up with a reason as to why Intrepid need to focus more on action combat because it is better suited to gamers with poor connections...
    noaani wrote: »
    this might be my favorite thread this week :heart: , thank you.

Is this still your favorite thread?

Wondering if I can come up with a reason as to why Intrepid need to focus more on action combat because it is better suited to gamers with poor connections...

Action combat is not better suited for gamers with poor connection...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pretty sure it was sarcasm. Problem with written word versus verbal or face-to-face. Hard to get nuance.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    LoL button is toxic and insulting. I bet that's what you rotten humans want it for.

Go play your stupid friendly-bully games somewhere else. Our world shall be as unstained as possible.

Role 6

you dare!

2akfs2.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Tsukasa wrote: »
    I heard Steven yesterday say that he doesn't want the game to be too skill based.
    +
    In the latest Q&A stream, they said many people find action combat too hard for them. We can see them already complaining with posts like this ^

I personally like more action and skillshot based combat. However, I have not examined it from that point of view and thought I would be any better than those who likes tab -targeting. Yeah maybe action combat can be a little bit harder to master, but not something what people would not learn. Being good in Tab -targeting games needs skill as well imo. I have always thought targeting styles being more about personal opinions and which combat style is suitable to which game.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
    My favorite part of peeps that troll is giving them the lol button.
    Sigh, I guess people's feelings matter when it's theirs.

It's not about personal feelings. It takes away the seriousness from the comments when the main post has so many LoLs on it.

The interested ones will stay away and the cynical ones will feel encouraged to join in.
    Makes things look biased or one-sided. Eventually leads to a mostly hive-minded community.
    Damokles wrote: »

Role 6

You were way more insulting in many of your posts then the LoL-Button...

So you admit that it IS insulting. Ok, good enough reason to not even think about returning it.

That was in no way an admittance.... But shure, continue to live in your castle in the sky....
    a6XEiIf.gif
    I miss the old forums more than ever
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes, but this version does have that handy ignore option once someone has proven to lack the mental capability to form cohesive arguments or is just constantly edgelording.
    Yes, but this version does have that handy ignore option once someone has proven to lack the mental capability to form cohesive arguments or is just constantly edgelording.

WAIT WHAT? WE CAN IGNORE PEOPLE?!? :O
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Yep, click on their name. Little person icon next to message and select block. Then they can spend their time typing into the phantom zone.
  • Selo wrote: »
    Magic Man wrote: »
    yawn
    Nice cheerypicking.
    And im sorry you were unable to understand what i said, which i said later on.
    Apperantly you "had enough" of me to even save screenshots XD

there's nothing to misunderstand and i didn't 'cheerypick'. Anyone can go and look at convo on discord :) . Just because you have entitled tab target fantasies, people don't have to agree with you (which can be seen from this thread with 2? people agreeing with you :p)
    signature.png
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2019
    As for the seriousness of the threads, that goes out the window with the first opinion posted and defended as a fact. It is completely gone when someone who disagrees calls someone a name.

On that note, I would lol you sooo hard.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    On that note, I would lol you sooo hard.
    Oh so naughty.

Hhak63P.png
  • whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I want a great combat system.

I love all 3 base types of combat systems and my favorite MMOs of all time are:
    Tab-Target would be "Last Chaos"
    Turn-based would be "ToonTown" (I played for quite a few years since release and on fan-made servers when main servers closed)
    Action-Combat would be Tera (Has a better combat system than a lot of single player games but boring Lore)

Turn-based would be "ToonTown" (I played for quite a few years since release and on fan-made servers when main servers closed)
    Action-Combat would be Tera (Has a better combat system than a lot of single player games but boring Lore)

Turn-based combat is by far the best type of combat and its even better with dice
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited October 2019
    Nagash wrote: »

Turn-based combat is by far the best type of combat and its even better with dice

The games with the best turn-based combat are still the civ games.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    I am going to go with X-Com.
  • whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    @Damokles and @unknownsystemerror Those are not MMOs though :smile:
    Warhammer table top ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• another one of these? "(insert combat system) is the best, because I said so?"

wp-content%252Fgallery%252F25-exhuastion-gifs-for-when-you-cant%252Fbig-bang-theory-tired.gif%252Ffit-in__850x850.gif?signature=LFKTNCM_7m86c9QHI6loJ8SkaRo=&source=https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com

How hard is it to understand that both combat systems, will be boring and suck if badly designed and implemented?

most mmo's have god awful spammy, boring combat anyway, doesn''t matter if its tab or action.
    Design any of those types for reactionary counter play, and you have the potential to have a great combat system.

On the topic of turn based combat : Heroes of might and magic series and Age of wonders III, still one of my favorites :)

• Magic Man wrote: »
    there's nothing to misunderstand and i didn't 'cheerypick'. Anyone can go and look at convo on discord :) . Just because you have entitled tab target fantasies, people don't have to agree with you (which can be seen from this thread with 2? people agreeing with you :p)

I never said they have to agree, thats just your entitled interpretation based on YOUR opinions, same as in the discord chat.
    I clearly said it will be a hybrid, with tab target as the "goto" if action would fail.

In this post i said I find tab target superior, and if I can play with only tab target.

Anyway, i have better thigns to do than reply to offtopic stuff.
    Affiliate Code:
    0dbea148-8cb8-4711-ba90-eb0864e93b5f
    So just for fun here is a skeleton

source.gif

nJ0vUSm.gif

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So just for fun here is a skeleton

source.gif
    The Femur Fairy!

Hhak63P.png
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Damokles wrote: »

The games with the best turn-based combat are still the civ games.
    I am going to go with X-Com.

Now this is real controversy right here!

I've played all 6 civ games, and all 4 (as far as I am concerned there are only 4)X-Com games, and I love both series.

If I had to pick a winner, it would depend on whether or not the expansions of each game (for the more recent releases) were counted or not.

If they are not counted, then I'd say X-Com is superior as a game over all. With more recent Civ games, you always feel like there are features missing with the original release, whereas X-Com games feel more complete.

Once expansions are added though, Civ games feel like complete games - by the time you have both expansions both Civ 5 and 6 are amazing (minus AI issues). X-Com on the other hand gets worse with expansions - they take a game where you should always be free to decide what to do next and force things on you.

This post may well have been off topic, but that's only because the topic is stupid (coming from someone that far prefers tab target based games).