Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

release date

Hello

I wonder if the game (ashes of creation) has a release date.

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nope.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Soon(TM)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • We do not even have an Alpha start date.
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I have all the dates for you.
    Castle Siege - When it's ready. Maybe a couple of months.
    Horde Mode - A couple of months after that.
    Alpha 1 - A couple months after that. So like 7-8 months from now.
    Alpha 2, - Late 2020
    Beta 1, Beta 2 - 2021
    MMO - Late 2021 or early 2022

fNX2ISa.png

• VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Haha there is no release date anymore, but even if it had a release date you can’t trust a thing that Intrepid says.
  • TatianaTatiana Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Keep in mind that this is a crowdfunded game, without a huge development team..So..
  • VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tatiana wrote: »
    Keep in mind that this is a crowdfunded game, without a huge development team..So..

That is false. It’s privately funded by Steven. The Kickstarter was, according to Intrepid, just a way to get the community involved and to market the game.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    vmangman wrote: »
    tatiana wrote: »

That is false. It’s privately funded by Steven. The Kickstarter was, according to Intrepid, just a way to get the community involved and to market the game.
    From the beginning one of the big appeals to this game compared to other MMOs on Kickstarter was that this wasn’t an upstart group of dreamers wanting to make a game. This was a polished team including veterans with big studio experience and they already had the money they needed to make the game, they just wanted crowdfunding to see how much they could add beyond the core. Hence the aggressive estimate on release and the really polished trailers, and so on.

How much has changed since then. They clearly overestimated their resources and expertise. They’ve shown over time that despite their claims, they’re no better than any other indy developer taking on an ambitious game.

Hhak63P.png
    Atama wrote: »
    They clearly overestimated their resources and expertise. They’ve shown over time that despite their claims, they’re no better than any other indy developer taking on an ambitious game.
    I think this is about as accurate a statement as can be made about Intrepid.
    They are no better than any other indy developer - but at the same time they are no worse.
    They are by no means a Bethesda, Activision or EA, but if they were, I for one wouldn't be here.
  • OliveTheFoxOliveTheFox Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2019
    As a Leader of Men backer I've considered myself pretty patient. But I did notice that everytime I checked in there were monthly, seasonal, and random conceptual micro-transactions. Conceptual outfits and pets and the like. I feel like those sorts of things are drastically different than the conceptual kickstarter backing. If they are still doing that, then I think the same red flags that would be raised over say... Star Citizen, should also be raised for this game. I don't know how the more active members here feel on this topic but.., I've kind of already written off that 1000 dollars as a bad life choice. I hope I'm wrong, but being a skeptic is healthier than veiling yourself.
    𝙿𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚋𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙶𝚘𝚍𝚜
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    master wrote: »
    As a Leader of Men backer I've considered myself pretty patient. But I did notice that everytime I checked in there were monthly, seasonal, and random conceptual micro-transactions. Conceptual outfits and pets and the like. I feel like those sorts of things are drastically different than the conceptual kickstarter backing. If they are still doing that, then I think the same red flags that would be raised over say... Star Citizen, should also be raised for this game. I don't know how the more active members here feel on this topic but.., I've kind of already written off that 1000 dollars as a bad life choice. I hope I'm wrong, but being a skeptic is healthier than veiling yourself.

..i have 2.5k into SC 0_o
  • master wrote: »

I'm a braver of worlds backer so i feel this.

pyreal wrote: »

I know the feelling xD it just kind of... happens? XD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    pyreal wrote: »

I know the feelling xD it just kind of... happens? XD

just think of it when it comes out :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm expecting some big announcements at the end of the year. They skipped the Q3 creative directors letter, so the Q4 (and end of year) letter might contain some big ones. Steven also said castle seige and A1 might launch at the same time.. So we might get some dates in that letter :):). Pls pls A1 in Q1 or Q2 2020 ^^
  • Green_LanternGreen_Lantern Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am back after a long break and was hoping to see something of substance. Clearly, this is why crowd funded games are rip offs. Once they have your money they can do whatever they want... Like create a game no one wanted (Apocalypse). I doubt we will see this game released. I just count this as money I would have wasted on red bull. Lol. Would love to see this game in it's full glory. Just not going to hold my breath.
  • It use to be "before 2020" but that has long been scratched.. I'd imagine Before 2022... as a worst case.. If we hear anything about alpha 1 anytime soon (within months) then perhaps it might be Before 2021..
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You should not hold your breath for any game to be released.
    More games in development turn into vaporware than get released.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2019
    If this doesn't come out, think of how much money @Steven has 'wasted'. Remember that the game was fully funded before the Kickstarter. Kickstarter was just to expand a little and to gauge the interest.
    Kept a lot of devs employed for several years after getting laid off from SOE/Daybreak.
    Which is the primary reason I throw IS my cash.
    Dygz wrote: »
    Kept a lot of devs employed for several years after getting laid off from SOE/Daybreak.
    Which is the primary reason I throw IS my cash.

if I wanted people to get a job I would have given to a charity, not a game company
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    edited December 2019
    Sure. But, I want people working on developing the kind of stuff I want to play so that it's quicker and easier for them to do so down the road.
    The cash I spend on cosmetics for that is basically like supporting a patreon or twitch channel.
    I won’t lie, there is no altruism in my purchasing. I buy stuff ‘cause I want it.

Hhak63P.png
    Atama wrote: »
    I won’t lie, there is no altruism in my purchasing. I buy stuff ‘cause I want it.

same here
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    ^
  • Well think that overwhelming contributions to this game made it possoble to make a bigger game. Thing is if I were to donate 100 million to IS just for development it would actually take longer because there is more to make. Plus more testing moreof everything. IS has out grown their studio twice and forced to move.
    So think IS just decided to go big and by that bigger than originally anticipated.

Plus this game has a lot of features. So many in fact that I sometimes wonder how they are going to mesh them all together.
    No, the more money you donate the faster it gets done! Just look at how quickly Star Citizen completed after making more than a quarter billion bucks from crowdfunding alone. So quick I didn’t even notice when it was released!

Hhak63P.png
    Personally, I'd be really happy if social organizations, ships and ocean combat, castles and sieges and the underrealm and Tulnar weren't even in the game for the first 12 months, - these things would have made for amazing post launch DLC.

Taking these things and adding them to a post launch schedule would probably move the games release up 18 months or so.

Problem is, because they were promised with the kickstarter campaign, people would complain if the game doesn't have them at launch (and it would be a somewhat valid complaint, imo).

The problem is they weren't listed in the kickstarter as being post launch features, so they kind of can't be now. I just think Intrepid need to scale things back if we are ever going to see a fully released game.
    noaani wrote: »
    Personally, I'd be really happy if social organizations, ships and ocean combat, castles and sieges and the underrealm and Tulnar weren't even in the game for the first 12 months, - these things would have made for amazing post launch DLC.

Taking these things and adding them to a post launch schedule would probably move the games release up 18 months or so.

Problem is, because they were promised with the kickstarter campaign, people would complain if the game doesn't have them at launch (and it would be a somewhat valid complaint, imo).

The problem is they weren't listed in the kickstarter as being post launch features, so they kind of can't be now. I just think Intrepid need to scale things back if we are ever going to see a fully released game.

What did you say? Delay the Tulnar release?!? YOU MADMAN!
    a6XEiIf.gif