Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

WoW killer finally here guys.......

13»

Comments

• Options
    Joergmund_ClochJoergmund_Cloch Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter
    Time will show. We can only wait and hope that it will be as good as thes say.
  • Options
    Well WoW is still a good game over all. Just things like Old dungeouns like Blackrock Depths and Stratholme are better than new dungeouns. Or things letting players use bots in bgs then after years and years finally ban them. Luanch of WoW classic was terrible after saying was not going to be like last time. Plus many other things that are no brainers and things like that just add up over time so.....But just wrap your head around how the old content is better than new content, and that is expansion after expansion.

Guessing they could fix things and have done some good things since I stopped playing but How do they plan to get they player base back.

During Mists of Pandaria if I remember correctly they were losing more than 150k subs a month lost 4 million to 5 million in one expansion. Guild leaders would literally convince their guilds to go play another MMO so entire guilds left literally overnight.

It is just really wierd play max level dungeouns and they are really good but then you level another toon and realize old dungeouns were even better then make it max level again and feel like you are playing a watered down version of the original game.

Plus they do not even think about what they say. Say things like .....We are pruning our classes to get more new players at the cost of old palyers. Guess that means they turned their back on the people that have been there since the very begginning for money. Did not even work best thing that Happened lately in that game is Classic WoW. Though I must say some WoW class did have to many abilities, but even classes with the fewest abilities got pruned.
  • Options
    ExtermicideExtermicide Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I created a video about games that tried to be 'WOW KILLERS' and failed - and how that relates to 'Steven Sharif' and 'Ashes Of Creation'. Would be honored if you guys took a look at it.
    https://youtu.be/7Qb6ZeTcVz0
    ZJ0OYf9.png
    WATCH & SUBSCRIBE TO ME ON: Twitch --- YouTube --- PLAY: Ashes Of Creation
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited November 2020
    @Joseline mmos absolutely DO die when the developers shut down the servers, something that happens more than you would think. City of Heroes, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Wildstar, all shut down. And that's not even counting games like Everquest Next that don't even make it out of development.

On the other hand you are right that, in the case of WoW at least, it will stay alive as long as people keep playing it. Even if Blizzard shut down their official servers, there are so many private WoW servers that it will likely survive past that point.

As I have mentioned a number of times (you must not be reading my posts :( )......Just like Atama said with CoH, WAR was resurrected from oblivion by a small dedicated team 4 years ago. They got permission to run it from both Mythic and GW so it's totally legal. It was renamed RoR (Return of Reckoning) and is doing quite well on a private server that is 100% free and 100% open to the public. I would know because that's what's been occupying my free time the last few months. All you have to do is create an account, DL the client and play!

Back on topic though, like some other MMOs, WoW may never truly die. It has enough of a dedicated following that it will probably be around for many many years to come. Hell I could even play EQ and DAoC still if I wanted to, both are still alive so the chance that WoW will shutter is next to nil.

Wandering Mist is correct though that MMOs do close. Ones that come to my mind are; Shadowbane (although I read there is an emulator for it), Wizardry Online, Matrix, Hellgate London (so much potential), Dark & Light (resurrected on Steam apparently), Vangard SoH (ALSO brought back on steam), seems the more old dead games I google, the more I find that have been re-opened on steam!
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    Roko wrote: »
    how can something be kinda dead?, you either are dead or you're not.

wow_mostly.jpg
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Ha... what kind of necromancy is this?
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Percimes wrote: »
    Ha... what kind of necromancy is this?

The best kind.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    When i Started this thread before WoW classic camieout I had no Idea it was going to go all the way to Cata Classic or the addition of Hard Core WoW servers Already posted this but at the time Blizz said something like: We do not care if it is only ten people playing we are going to have classic servers.

Affter WoW Classic came out subscriptions double for WoW. Unreal..........