Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Unique Class Abilities

2»

Comments

• Options
    -Rogue/assasin/duelist stun lock and cd/dr management.
    -Protection tank with cc and mobility.
    -Hunter beast master/primal.
  • Options
    Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited July 2020
    Okay so I've talked about this before on Discord but I'll give a few examples here as well most of which are mobility related.

1) Double Jump - Triple Jump (or catfall ability from APOC) Super Jump.

Double Jump would be a rogue/ranger jump tier 2 class ability (multiple skill points invested in 'jump'). Triple Jump would be tier 3 version of it, needless to say, with a cool down of at least 10 seconds. The last one is 'Super Jump' which, just like the other 2, were shown and tested in APOC. That would be a tier 3 jump ability that is augmented with either rogue or a ranger class augments.

dogm.gif

jump_icon.png

2) Grapple Hook of a ranger. Self explanatory. Can be used in a variety of environments for mobility purposes

3) Climbing ability of a Rogue (cannot be used in certain places and you can't stay on a surface longer than 5-7 seconds)

vlcsnap-2017-10-25-12h34m03s862.png

4) Polymorph (to be used on both an enemy and oneself) It was used and tested in APOC tho would be cool to see it used on an enemy as well which would turn them into some sort of small creature from Verra.

signature.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Magic Man wrote: »
    Okay so I've talked about this before on Discord but I'll give a few examples here as well most of which are mobility related.

1) Double Jump - Triple Jump (or catfall ability from APOC) Super Jump.

Double Jump would be a rogue/ranger jump tier 2 class ability (multiple skill points invested in 'jump'). Triple Jump would be tier 3 version of it, needless to say, with a cool down of at least 10 seconds. The last one is 'Super Jump' which, just like the other 2, were shown and tested in APOC. That would be a tier 3 jump ability that is augmented with either rogue or a ranger class augments.

dogm.gif

jump_icon.png

2) Grapple Hook of a ranger. Self explanatory. Can be used in a variety of environments for mobility purposes

3) Climbing ability of a Rogue (cannot be used in certain places and you can't stay on a surface longer than 5-7 seconds)

vlcsnap-2017-10-25-12h34m03s862.png

4) Polymorph (to be used on both an enemy and oneself) It was used and tested in APOC tho would be cool to see it used on an enemy as well which would turn them into some sort of small creature from Verra.

I think that Steven once said that Rogues would get a grappling hook to scale walls etc, but i am not sure if it still a part of the game or not.

What I would like to see:
    1. APOC dash as a rogue ability with two charges (Who doesnt like flying around the battlefield? ;D)
    2. Charge + Disengage for Ranger/Fighter; Fighter/Ranger or just a disengage for Rangers (Backflip or what you want to call it)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    L I G H T N I N G
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    XiuXanXiuXan Member
    I would love to see a type of aura from clerics where you perhaps get a heal or debuff from poison/disease each other tick. Perhaps get a dmg aura VS undead where they get increasingly more dmg the closer they are to you.

In wow paladins got auras but I feel something similar but as I said would want healing instead of protection.
    Legion of Akir [EU/ PvP & PvE / age 25+]
    https://discord.gg/sp9wtyZ
    7.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    XiuXan wrote: »
    I would love to see a type of aura from clerics where you perhaps get a heal or debuff from poison/disease each other tick. Perhaps get a dmg aura VS undead where they get increasingly more dmg the closer they are to you.

In wow paladins got auras but I feel something similar but as I said would want healing instead of protection.

*BARD GAMEPLAY INTENSIFIES*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    i would like to see greater summons that be able to push back front liners but in regards the caster get like % down while the mounstrous creature is in the battle field, so ppl have to actually watch out for casters
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    XiuXan wrote: »

*BARD GAMEPLAY INTENSIFIES*

aeff884151b2add32752b9f6e6d67b4f.png
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    ZambarZambar Member
    I"d like to see a sacrafice skill for summoner that grant a buff based on the pet beeing sacrafised or we can say the pet grants that buff an dissapear, looking at it in a more nature loved way. Basically summoners suck in melee, so it would bb good to have an option to gain more movement speed from a speed type support pet, or become more tanky if a tank type pet were sacrafised. it would grant pvp options for summoners.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    Nagash wrote: »
    You all stay away from my necromancer

If you die don't worry another nerco will summon you as their pet...a necro pet that can summon more necro pets lol
  • Options
    Aardvark wrote: »

If you die don't worry another nerco will summon you as their pet...a necro pet that can summon more necro pets lol

That's why you use a phylactery so you can come back
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020

If you die don't worry another nerco will summon you as their pet

nope it was destroyed now you are a pet
  • Options
    This is hard to answer without knowing at least a few base class skills. I guess my ideal would be to have Tank/Summoner that could apply a buff which allowed me to release spiderlings when attacked. I guess my other ideal would be to have Cleric as secondary creating options for HoTs or poison/bleed. So a Rogue or Ranger with Cleric would be DoT heavy. Fighter could pick either way. Tanks and Bards using the healing augments. In the same vein, maybe allowing mage/cleric to use HP to cast like a blood mage.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020

How is a condom going to bring you back to life
    That’s just a pro phylactery, the amateur kind is a cross that prostitutes wear (I think it’s called a Whore Crux).

By the way, the first user of a Whore Crux was “Herpo the Foul” (click the link, I didn’t make it up). He should have used a pro phylactery!

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

How is a condom going to bring you back to life
    That’s just a pro phylactery, the amateur kind is a cross that prostitutes wear (I think it’s called a Whore Crux).

By the way, the first user of a Whore Crux was “Herpo the Foul” (click the link, I didn’t make it up). He should have used a pro phylactery!

I would give you a lol for that if I could
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    GenaroGenaro Member
    •Tank/Rogue having augmented abilities to be able to tank with evasion, dodge, rolls and parries, instead of absorbing the damage upfront;
    •Rogue/Ranger shooting backstabbing daggers from afar;
    •Rogue/Cleric bleeding someone and getting healing back, like a lifesteal;
    •Ranger/Mage making it rain fire arrows;
    •I can go all day on this.
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What I would love to see is a boomblade from eso! What this is, is a stealth character that builds exclusively aoe burst damage and kamikazes into a group of enemies and unleash the burst and hopefully kill a chunk of the group.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.