Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

VS Amazon's New World

13»

Comments

• Options
    New World is worth playing unil AOC is released
  • Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    NW and AoC used to be very similar games, but that was before NW was gutted and before the game made a 180 turn to change design directions.

NW is a generic game that while pretty is very shallow. NW will contain a fraction of the systems that AoC plans to have.

To compare the two doesn't really make sense. They are vastly different games. One is focused on player agency and a changing world and the other... who knows really? Their world is just empty and meaningless. Systems such as factions are completely meaningless because you can keep PvP turned off and basically ignore factions. A member of any faction can live in any other faction's settlement and does not have to care if the settlement get conquered or not. Like what? The game is shallow and meaningless. It really does seem to shape up to be just an engine demo.

After what they have done to their audience I will make sure to review bomb it and I know that many others will too. NW can go and rot.
  • Options
    If Mr Bezos wants to make a profit from Luna game streaming then he needs a big title to carry it. NW is his best chance, so it all depends on how many millions he is prepared to throw at NW to make it work. His people also needs to learn some lessons about how to make a hit game, having flopped a few times already. Alternatively he needs to buy a successful game developer, which would be a kick in the knackers for his own studio.
    As things stand, it seems he is still at least 3+ years away (if ever) from having a significant market presence (which being the sole source of a decent title would give him). This means he is left just trying to use AWS to compete with others. This is not the way to dominate market share as margins are tight when you don't have a unique selling point.

I will give NW a go when it releases, but only as a stop gap for AoC.
    Forum_Signature.png