Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

My feedback, what I would like to be changed

Peon501Peon501 Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Questing
None cares about dialog paths.
Let players just accept quests.
AI, Mobs
Change mobs attack distance.
They should see you a bit farther.
I don't know if mobs tagging is a thing, but I recommend including it.
Death penalty
Add respawn timer, or wow like go to the corps system to prevent people from respawning too fast and killing bosses without any penalty.
Wipes should be a normal thing.
Social emotes
I recommend adding if there aren't social emotes.
Game play combat, movement
Player should be able to noclip via another player. I don't see any reason why not. This only creates problems as body blocking trolls and exploits. If the player wants to stop you he should attack you by rooting you or slow you down by dizziness or what not.
Also watching 4k gameplay video I saw you get stuck in the rock. I would recommend you to activate noclip between doodads and player if he stuck. (I assume you guys will sort it out)
Raiding, dungeons, PVE
Add a distribution system for loot.
Simple need/greed/pass system for dungeons (for small groups) and leader loot distribution, and roll system for raids.
Some boss spells should be interruptable.
PVP
Skills should be interruptable with fear and so on.
Also, don't forget to add various dot skills to the game. That would create a need for PVP orientated enchants, and items for fire, shadow, cold resistance and so on.
Art direction (spicy opinion)
Guys can you make a bit settle art direction. Not everyone likes Linage, hentai, and karate, ninja, anime swinging, or casting skills. Melee, casting attacks should be simple and feel hitting hard, but not over the top anime bs. (more realistic please)
You should feel more to the ground.
Make simpler and poorer looking gear and items, mounts. Not everyone should be with the golden set riding rainbow horse.
Low-level stuff should be more to ground. Also, mounts should be more simplistic. Simple brown, black, gray horses or griffins.
Only after dungeons and raids, you should get that spicy and rare looking content.

Comments

• Options
    Do you guys agree with my Game play combat, movement point?
  • Options
    Also, I think my Death penalty point is also very important.
    Raiding, dungeons, PVE I think overall raids and dungeons should be instanced so random naked guy won't ninja loot or at last mobs tagging should be a thing.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    They have already said multiple groups for some which makes me wonder how scaleing will work. If one group is stomping the dungeon and one is barly getting though what will the scaling do? Get harder or easier?
  • Options
    Noclip is out, collision is in, as far as I recall. Something I support.

A lot of the other suggestions sound like you've come fresh from World of Warcraft. Welcome, I play that game too. AoC is a vastly different type of game, trying to cater to the more traditional MMO crowd who hasn't had a game for them in a very long time. A lot of things from WoW will not be present in this game because the entirety of the game is different.
    Aardvark wrote: »
    They have already said multiple groups for some which makes me wonder how scaleing will work. If one group is stomping the dungeon and one is barly getting though what will the scaling do? Get harder or easier?

I don't think there is any scaling in the game, not in that way.

The scaling mentioned (that I've seen) was in reference to things deeper in dungeons spawning at higher levels than things near the entrance/exit to dungeons. Things won't be changing levels based on your level, to the best of my knowledge.

So if more than one group are in the same dungeon, nothing will be getting harder or easier, you will simply both be sharing the same space. The dungeons are more open, and less linear/on-tracks like, for example, a WoW dungeon where you go through in a straight line until the end. The way it was described I pictured more of an old Everquest or Ultima Online dungeon, where you sort of just go to the big dangerous area and fight something somewhere in it until it's home time, and sometimes you attempt the or a boss if your group feels up for it.
  • Options
    Peon501 wrote: »
    Raiding, dungeons, PVE I think overall raids and dungeons should be instanced so random naked guy won't ninja loot or at last mobs tagging should be a thing.

There will be almost no instancing, it is an open-world game where players can attack you at any time. They've said only 20% of the dungeon content will be instanced, and that will be reserved for plot important content.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

A lot of the other suggestions sound like you've come fresh from World of Warcraft. Welcome, I play that game too. AoC is a vastly different type of game, trying to cater to the more traditional MMO crowd who hasn't had a game for them in a very long time. A lot of things from WoW will not be present in this game because the entirety of the game is different.

The scaling mentioned (that I've seen) was in reference to things deeper in dungeons spawning at higher levels than things near the entrance/exit to dungeons. Things won't be changing levels based on your level, to the best of my knowledge.

So if more than one group are in the same dungeon, nothing will be getting harder or easier, you will simply both be sharing the same space. The dungeons are more open, and less linear/on-tracks like, for example, a WoW dungeon where you go through in a straight line until the end. The way it was described I pictured more of an old Everquest or Ultima Online dungeon, where you sort of just go to the big dangerous area and fight something somewhere in it until it's home time, and sometimes you attempt the or a boss if your group feels up for it.

The other AoC age of conan had to take out collision as its griefing waiting to happen. They devs even showed how to use it as griefing in the video when they physically blocked the door to go vote...the only way people could get in was by attacking them in mass. Am I the only one that remembers people getting on their elephant mount and telling it to sit side by side blocking the auction house and if you dared to attack them the guards would 1 shot you...
  • Options

The other AoC age of conan had to take out collision as its griefing waiting to happen. They devs even showed how to use it as griefing in the video when they physically blocked the door to go vote...the only way people could get in was by attacking them in mass. Am I the only one that remembers people getting on their elephant mount and telling it to sit side by side blocking the auction house and if you dared to attack them the guards would 1 shot you...

I think guilds will block all doors with massive groups and will overtake all nodes that way.
  • Options
    I agree, there's some very annoying things people can do when collision is on. Since the devs so far seem pretty insistent on keeping collision though, I expect them to come up with some other way to prevent people from trolling/griefing in town.. like a shove mechanic that won't flag you for using it.

One of the reasons I saw mentioned for having collision is so that positioning matters more in PvP and PvE, where you can't just have everyone pile into the same tile or go straight through the opposing guilds frontline, etc.

I'm interested to see how they keep collision while preventing trolls/griefing. It certainly makes PvP a lot more interesting. It could make getting around town annoying, though.

/shove, or maybe collision only enables in combat and disables out of combat? I'm not sure. Guess we'll have to wait and find out!
  • Options
    LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter

I think guilds will block all doors with massive groups and will overtake all nodes that way.

a couple of things,
    blocking is momentum based - if you use charge and have enough momentum, you'll push people out the way.
    if you see people doing that, kill them - guild v guild, node vs node or flag.

player blocking is not an issue on that front at all.
    furthermore it is very good at reducing zerg impacts.
    your healers wont be able to keep everyone alive.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    i believe there is some form of respawn timer, but respawns also is done in safe locations and don't allow 'to the corpse' to respawn where they are.

kill him.
    simple as that.
    if you get ninja'd thats on you.
    if its even possible given the mechanics.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    Don't worry, OP. The creator and his staff have played MMOs before, a lot .. Steven himself was a high performing ArchAge player, I'm sure they won't overlook the little things like ninja looters and door blocking.
  • Options
    Lafi wrote: »

a couple of things,
    blocking is momentum based - if you use charge and have enough momentum, you'll push people out the way.

I am skeptical of that. I am quite sure everyone won't be able to overpower and vote like that.
    I think collisions aren't needed. PVP players should use their skills as rooting, fearing, and so on to stop another team. Collision won't stop players from passing each other going to destination anyway.
  • Options
    Don't worry, OP. The creator and his staff have played MMOs before, a lot .. Steven himself was a high performing ArchAge player, I'm sure they won't overlook the little things like ninja looters and door blocking.

Maybe who knows. Tho having collisions on every player will be annoying AF.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

a couple of things,

I am skeptical of that. I am quite sure everyone won't be able to overpower and vote like that.
    its fine to be sceptical, but we have seen footage of the devs blocking the door and getting killed for it.
    Collision won't stop players from passing each other going to destination anyway

it won't stop players with high momentum from going to their destinated, you're 100% correct!
    for example, on your mount.
    collision WILL stop a zerg being able to just hold W and walk through a frontline of another zerg to hit the backline.
    thus it becomes a new mechanic that players have to deal with from a group combat perspective.

Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    Peon501Peon501 Member
    edited July 2020

a couple of things,

its fine to be sceptical, but we have seen footage of the devs blocking the door and getting killed for it.
    Collision won't stop players from passing each other going to destination anyway.
    it won't stop players with high momentum from going to their destinated, you're 100% correct!
    collision WILL stop a zerg being able to just hold W and walk through a frontline of another zerg to hit the backline.
    thus it becomes a new mechanic that players have to deal with from a group combat perspective.

Yea, its double edge sword.
  • Options

a couple of things,

Collision won't stop players from passing each other going to destination anyway.

Yea, its double edge sword.

to people that don't know how to avoid being blocked sure. after you know its easily avoidable imo
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    @Aardvark
    In the other AoC (Age of Conan) issues were easier before they enabled the NPC Mega Killing Guards. PvP was much more vibrant rather than a bait and switch 'get murked by an NPC Guard' PvP.

I can agree collision is not ideal. I also believe 40 Players stacked literally on top of each other (Remember the Tier 2 Raid in Age of Conan where the whole raid sat behind a statue?) is really bad. Ashes is too simplistic in some ways and too overcomplicated in others. The game is in development. I can assure you tons of people will be driven away if we can't remove 'blockages' in a simple and effective manner.

If you can't play the game then there is a serious problem. Its a monthly sub and with a monthly sub there shouldn't be door blockages. I'm used to fighting to gain access to raids (Age of Conan) but the corruption system could be used alongside the collision system to literally corrupt whole raid groups or guild groups. The balance right now is none existent and I'm sure a wealth of feedback will be forth coming from in-game testers about the exploits collision and corruption can culminate in.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    While it's fine to share opinions and suggestions on the forum, because obviously we're all excited and here for the same reason (we want our dream game!) I think it's important to check out what the current direction of the game is and the reasoning behind that direction.

Check out this dude, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbUBV64rrQSIFjorua7sMsg big fan of his on youtube and he's very active on the forums too, he's got lots of into on the game and frequent updates. Good video size, very succinct no time wasting.

A lot of us are really excited and enthusiastic about the collision system because of the complexity and level of skill it adds to PvP.

Games where there is no collision, I find PvP silly and boring. Hilariously I can just walk through anyone, meaning there is no real "flanking" or "front" or "back" lines.. There's just blobs, and very little strategy that can be applied. This is a nice change to that, for those of us who are bored of the simplified battles and want something more interesting and complicated, with more strategy involved.

• Options
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    What is a "dod" ? Fix your writing and use paragraphs -_-

Doodads I think is the right name for it.
  • Options
    While it's fine to share opinions and suggestions on the forum, because obviously we're all excited and here for the same reason (we want our dream game!) I think it's important to check out what the current direction of the game is and the reasoning behind that direction.

Check out this dude, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbUBV64rrQSIFjorua7sMsg big fan of his on youtube and he's very active on the forums too, he's got lots of into on the game and frequent updates. Good video size, very succinct no time wasting.

A lot of us are really excited and enthusiastic about the collision system because of the complexity and level of skill it adds to PvP.

Games where there is no collision, I find PvP silly and boring. Hilariously I can just walk through anyone, meaning there is no real "flanking" or "front" or "back" lines.. There's just blobs, and very little strategy that can be applied. This is a nice change to that, for those of us who are bored of the simplified battles and want something more interesting and complicated, with more strategy involved.

ty. I will check this out.
  • Options

Again, the combat is simplistic at present. The Boss fights we've seen have no phases, no knockdowns. Nothing of substantial issue - Just tank and spank plus tank and spank the adds. The game is in development.

Steven has mentioned ideas about positioning (Being on a hill affecting combat) and seasons changing styles of combat. In PvP everyone should be moving, except a lot of skills we've seen are stationary skills. Collision won't dictate what strategies can be used but the static skills will do. Collision is lush in an active combat system but we are being given a Hybrid Combat System. Until we see or experience The Hybrid Combat system it is difficult to say how effective it will be.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

So your solution in a pvx game is to hose over pve and cities in favor of pvp. That would not be pvx game that would a pvp game. If this is going to be pvx we can’t make everything else in the game give way to pvp.
  • Options

an example, in non-blocking mmo's there is NO benefit in sending a line of tanks forward to blockade the enemy, in AoC this will be an entirely strategic move that could save the lives of your healers and be the different between a win and loss.
    EVERY player then becomes valuable and position becomes FAR more important than games without it.
    whats the point in class and role diversity if you can just walk through people and spike everyone dead?
    GW2 is like this, its boring. very boring. you follow the leader and juggle the enemy max range and wait for them to mis-step or to push then you just 100-0 people with 30-50 skills in 1 area.
    cant have everyone get 1 shot if only a few people are in range cos they're blocked by teammates too.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

a couple of things,

I think collisions aren't needed. PVP players should use their skills as rooting, fearing, and so on to stop another team. Collision won't stop players from passing each other going to destination anyway.

If it wont stop people then what's the issue?

So having a bunch of hard CCs is better? are you serious? I'd rather have the ability to get between my opponent and even if it's not that much, I still something i can always try to do instead of having to rely on CCs and waiting for their cooldowns.

I also think collision fits the gameplay and find it silly when people can walk through each other.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    an example, in non-blocking mmo's there is NO benefit in sending a line of tanks forward to blockade the enemy, in AoC this will be an entirely strategic move that could save the lives of your healers and be the different between a win and loss.
    EVERY player then becomes valuable and position becomes FAR more important than games without it.
    whats the point in class and role diversity if you can just walk through people and spike everyone dead?
    GW2 is like this, its boring. very boring. you follow the leader and juggle the enemy max range and wait for them to mis-step or to push then you just 100-0 people with 30-50 skills in 1 area.
    cant have everyone get 1 shot if only a few people are in range cos they're blocked by teammates too.

If a line of Tanks is facing my PvP Crew, I'd send forward the Hard Counterpart to kill the Tanks. The tanks would all be decimated and then the opponents would be dead. In Ashes you can latch onto to players and pull them. In Warhammer Online I used to latch onto healers and pull them into my PvP Team. Healers were then decimated by the whole Raid. It is difficult to explain the tactics Ashes will require until I've tested the game. I'm in no rush but I suspect blanket Tactics will be useless tactics.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

So your solution in a pvx game is to hose over pve and cities in favor of pvp. That would not be pvx game that would a pvp game. If this is going to be pvx we can’t make everything else in the game give way to pvp.

No, that is not my solution. I did not offer a solution nor did I present a problem. You may have quoted the wrong person or posted in the wrong thread.
  • Options

I agree 100%
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Neurath wrote: »

If a line of Tanks is facing my PvP Crew, I'd send forward the Hard Counterpart to kill the Tanks. The tanks would all be decimated and then the opponents would be dead. In Ashes you can latch onto to players and pull them. In Warhammer Online I used to latch onto healers and pull them into my PvP Team. Healers were then decimated by the whole Raid. It is difficult to explain the tactics Ashes will require until I've tested the game. I'm in no rush but I suspect blanket Tactics will be useless tactics.

What if the tank line hard counters your hard counter?
  • Options
    Ok guys. Let's shift the discussion to Death penalty
    What do you think about my point?
    Also, watching the game footage I saw in combat resurrection.
    That might affect PVE quite drastically.
    What's your take on that?