Pure PvE Server IDEA!

13»

Comments

• The reason why PvE only server won't exist is because PvP is intertwined with the rest of the mechanics in the game.
    Remove that and you basically need to redesign everything in the game and how it works and functions in order to make it purely PvE. Which would make it a completely different game.
  • Aardvark wrote: »
    U5urPator wrote: »
    Why is this still discussed?
    It won't happen. The game isn't intended as this. And it would destroy the immersion completely.

Forum version of open world pvp

Touché
  • rodzorrodzor Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Bad idea just because of all the extra work and balancing for the development teams... its pointless the game should not need new modes/rules to be fun. The goal of the entire project is to attract as many people as possible to the same game. not create multiple versions of the same thing to please everyone... in the process creating washed out versions of what could be 1 version made very well.
  • ruMynxruMynx Member
    I hope you guys like babysitting level your healers with the predominate mindset here.
  • LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My only problem with PvE servers is that PvP systems are integral into the systems of the game, and it would add a hefty amount of development time to accommodate for the pure PvE crowd.

See New World, they changed the focus of their game from PvP to PvE right before launch, and it added a year to the development of the game.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Happy to be corrected, but I believe the map size is approx 400,000 km2 the starter area alone is near 40,000 km2.
    Skyrim 37,000m2
    WoW 207,000 m2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80vctFJqoG8

Surely the land will be large enough to immerse yourself and not have to worry about pvp if you don`t want to.

With the system in place, being a non-combatant will keep you pretty much out of it for the majority of the time. A very occasional death to a player ultimately is not much different to a mob death.
  • ruMynxruMynx Member
    akabear wrote: »
    Surely the land will be large enough to immerse yourself and not have to worry about pvp if you don`t want to.

If there are death penalties associated with PvP deaths (I really despise this method), you have to always worry about it.

• ruMynx wrote: »

If there are death penalties associated with PvP deaths (I really despise this method), you have to always worry about it.

But if you don't have penalties then you wouldn't care about dying. You need those penalties to make players care about what they do, what they risk.
    Should I go to this mine and risk being killed or just farm some things at home?
  • ruMynx wrote: »

ruMynx wrote: »
    I hope you guys like babysitting level your healers with the predominate mindset here.

If by "predominant mindset here" you mean "one of the most basic design pillars of this game"...

If you really despise death penalties, I fear this may not be the game for you, as there is death penalties for death period, outside of organized PvP.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Map is 480 km2, with an extra 100 km2 underground.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/World_map
  • tugowartugowar Member, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just think of the other players like really advanced AI / really hard mobs.

I mean, the tulnar are practically that already. A playable mob

Virtue is the only good.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Let them make APOC 2: Electric Boogaloo and make it pure PvE. Sell it stand-alone on Steam with a handful of cosmetics you can earn for AoC.

Hhak63P.png
  • MarcetMarcet Member
    i will hunt you and gank you for being a pussy
  • I would play on a pve server.

If it's all pvp, I hope that there is a way to never engage in it and not get horribly bullied for it... :/
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2020
    Happy to be corrected, but I believe the map size is approx 400,000 km2 the starter area alone is near 40,000 km2.
    Skyrim 37,000m2
    WoW 207,000 m2
    Happy to correct - though maybe not what you were thinking. You've used two different units of area there, square meters and square kilometers.

1 linear km is 1,000 meters, but when you square it, 1 square km is 1,000,000 square meters (this is just how squaring things work).

Since Ashes is 480km squared, that means it would be - if converted to square meters, 480,000,000 square meters.

Skyrim is 37,000,000 meters squared and WoW is (at best guess) 207,000,000.

If you want to measure by km² then you can drop 6 digits.
  • grisugrisu Member
    The issue:
    Apparently not your type of game

The solution:
    Try it out and see if you like it anyway. it's 15 bucks per month with no box cost.

How:
    That's already in the game.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • MakosiMakosi Member
    a resounding NO. Never. This age of snowflakes must stop
  • to give my opinion on your idea it would be a definite no the game was not designed that way and there are more systems that would need to change to make that work than just the node system. That being said instead of spending time thinking how you can make the game more PVE focused try thinking of it makes the game more realistic chances are a random guy isn't going to kill for no apparent reason is it possible and could it happen yes but going corrupted for giggles and not gaining any satisfaction or good loot is just a waste of time for most people. That being said don't paint a target on your back by instigating players or what have you. 9 out of 10 times this will work for you if your minding your own business out in the world not participating in murderous rampages. But then again is playing like that enjoyable to you? I would assume not so perhaps the actual solution is to work on your PVP game so as to better your PvE content as the game was designed.
  • If you dont want open world pvp this isnt the game for you
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    The game is built around the premise that PvE and PvP are entertwined experiences. I think making a server that solely focuses on the PvE aspect of things will not only ruin the social aspect of having PvE'ers, PvP'ers and RP'ers on the server, but would also become very boring in the long run.

I also don't see how node sieges or castle sieges would work if there were no PvP on one of the servers. At least in a matter that would provide the same experience as that of a server with PvP
  • man WOW really did a number on people when it comes to pvp. I am sorry WOW hurt you. For whatever reason the system in why was devised so badly that the only outcome of pvp was trolling and body camping for giggles. Oh and when they released the farm other players for honor or whatever system that made the whole system melt. HAHA. Yeah I can see why some are so terrified of pvp. That being said it is possible to make fair pvp in a game designed for it. Stop being a wimp.