Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Flying Mounts should be a thing that people who have animal husbandry can make/breed

124»

Comments

• Options
    Aardvark wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Ventharien wrote: »
    It doesn't make him wrong about the fact that 99.9% of people will never ever have access to a flying mount.

Well we don't know the drops on that egg so we don't know the exact numbers, but even going with those numbers, so what? Not flying doesn't detract from their gameplay. 99.9% percent of people aren't in tier one well known, famous guilds. That doesn't mean they should feel slighted or irritated.

But they showed us flying mounts...now we want one...

Then you better work for it

if I wanted to go into politics to get elected I would in real life, a free for all will also be who has the most fans on their side defending them, biggest donation will also be mass guild leaders who demanded donations so they could get it. They sound like differnt things but really they are all just popularity contests and not player skill related

Politics is going to be a very important part of the game and how you conduct politics is totally up to you. Every MMO you've ever played has had politics to some degree, but this game will incorporate it mechanically into the game.

If you think someone became the leader just because they got spoiled by all their friends/guild/viewers or whatever, then that itself is a really good political platform against them.. You could be in game running your campaign, discrediting the validity of the leader and showing the majority that hey, actually that's not fair and they should vote for you! ... No one is going to be so popular or powerful that they can never be defeated, because we're humans and we're greedy and we suck (lol) ...

Your enemy will always have a weakness, and a good game will allow you to exploit that weakness.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yes, by not wanting anything after classic, classic WoW players are by proxy, not in favor of flying mounts which came out after vanilla. By your own logic, classic WoW players are "sheeple" as well?
    No, that would be your logic, not mine.

I am not the one saying that there are more people playing WoW retail than WoW classis, therefore more people like flying mounts than don't.

That is your lack of logic, not mine. You need to own your statements and all consequences of them. If you want to use subscription numbers of WoW retail over classic as a point for flying mounts, then that means you are saying that every player playing retail likes flying mounts and every player that plays classic doesn't like flying mounts. You are also saying that flying mounts are the reason people pick retail or classic.

If these statements are not true to you, then you should not be talking about players in WoW classic vs retail in regards to flying mounts, as it serves no purpose if you do not stand by those statements that you would have to hold true.

My statement that all players of WoW are sheeple is due to the simple fact that these people think WoW is worth their time to play - a notion that can't possibly be arrived at from simply playing the game and deciding yourself.

The only reason these people play WoW retail is because they want to fit in - be that with their guild, with a group of friends that also play, or with a streamer that plays WoW. There is no other reason to still be playing WoW other than this - and each of these reasons fit the definition of sheeple just fine.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nagash wrote: »
    Ventharien wrote: »
    It doesn't make him wrong about the fact that 99.9% of people will never ever have access to a flying mount.

Well we don't know the drops on that egg so we don't know the exact numbers, but even going with those numbers, so what? Not flying doesn't detract from their gameplay. 99.9% percent of people aren't in tier one well known, famous guilds. That doesn't mean they should feel slighted or irritated.

But they showed us flying mounts...now we want one...

Then you better work for it

if I wanted to go into politics to get elected I would in real life, a free for all will also be who has the most fans on their side defending them, biggest donation will also be mass guild leaders who demanded donations so they could get it. They sound like differnt things but really they are all just popularity contests and not player skill related

You are actually correct in this.

If you are in a military node and you have more friends than anyone else, you should be able to win the FFA arena and be mayor for a month.

If you are in an economic node and have the gold, you should be able to buy being the mayor for a month.

If you are in a scientific node and have enough friends, you should be able to be voted in as mayor.

In all of this, you are absolutely correct. The thing you are perhaps not taking in to account here though are the numbers. A metropolis level node (which is what you need to be mayor of) would likely have 1000+ citizens. That means you need a LOT of friends, regardless of which node type you are in.
  • Options
    Really should be exhaustively difficult to obtain, and I would not mind shooting a ballistic grade ranged weapon to shoot one down or knock them off and die from fall damage.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Really should be exhaustively difficult to obtain, and I would not mind shooting a ballistic grade ranged weapon to shoot one down or knock them off and die from fall damage.
    Harold, load the trebuchet, there's that damn fool king on his stupid Griffin again. This is the last time he pees all over our rutabaga crop.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    RahkstarRPGRahkstarRPG Member
    edited July 2020
    Wow, this thread is an absolute train wreck.

From OP labeling anyone that doesn’t agree with him as a classic WoW player (like... what?) to OP not understanding how flying mounts affected open world PVP in WoW to OP insinuating that flying mounts were literally the only reason to play this game, I don’t even really know where to begin breaking this travesty down.
  • Options
    For the same reason as others I disagree that flying mounts should not be common place.

Flying mounts severely limit the amount of open world PvP that goes on, reduces the land mass by being able to fly over it all and reduces the interaction people have on the ground. I absolutely agree with having them being very rare.
    Xvg0iN1.png
  • Options
    NetoryNetory Member
    Just let everyone have flying mounts, it'll totally be worth destroying half the foundation this game is built on just so people can hold W while staring at a sky blue screen for 10 minutes.
    0sGgchB.png