Comments

• CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited July 2020
    noaani wrote: »
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    If a player in game has a lot of people that want to kill them, they would be forced to deal with the reprocussions of that.

I see no reason why a player that is importing that along with them should be any different.

Its different as these players bring a TON of new people into your game. Its in your best interest to protect them. Just look at all the popularity increase after Asmongold's interview with Steven.

They just have to deal with what you do or do not bring to the game, just like every other player has to deal with what they do or do not bring to the game.

No. Do not equate them to normal players. They are content creators, so they will have a MUCH higher amount of people wanting to harass them than an average player. They bring attention to your game, so its your duty to protect them from harassment.

Its important to make changes to the corruption system so that it affects High level griefing significantly, which won't be experienced by 95% of the playerbase.

It's no ones duty to protect anyone.

If they go to a game knowing it is PvP, then that is on them.

All they need to do to get around it is to level up while not streaming - but they won't do that because they are not getting paid if they are not streaming.

I don't know what your problem is with streamers. But if someone brought a ton of attention to my game, I would be interested in providing some safety nets to ensure that they won't be excessively harassed in my game.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't know what your problem is with streamers. But if someone brought a ton of attention to my game, I would be interested in providing some safety nets to ensure that they won't be excessively harassed in my game.

So far, I've seen the Streams and the Audience wants free Beta Keys. I've also heard Streamers will gain access to the tests without payment. To me this is already Streamer Privilege and Streamers don't need any further privileges.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • dux wrote: »
    They will have people trying to grief them but they also have the power to get very good players to be their friends and protect them. They will have the power to be the mayor, have legendary equipment and mounts.

It's a natural situation for me: You are famous and powerful. There will be people praising you and there will be people trying to take you down. Deal with it

Benefits and downsides arent balanced here. And important thing to realise is that making this system healthy and balanced is good for EVERYONE. Streaming is a gigantic marketting tool. I couldnt care less if streamers have fun per se, but them having fun means they will enjoy the game more. More enjoyment = more streams = more players join us, average people, in our fun.

This is why they need extra hoops to be mayors, to balance out server "politics", and TOS needs strict rules anti griefing that isnt killing, and stricter enforcement of them. Its possible to make it so everybody wins and we are early enough to make that happen so the attitude "deal with it game is like real life" baffles me
  • Neurath wrote: »
    There is no reward for Griefing...I do not get it. I do not see why Invulnerabilities need to be added to the game. The Corruption System deals with mass killings and level 10's were able to 1 or 2 shot level 3s. I do not see how 'Hundreds of players' will decide to grief a Streamer when there is no fast travel.

The punishment for Excessive Griefing isn't good enough. The punishment for normal griefing is decent.
    Frostduck wrote: »
    Its possible to make it so everybody wins

Ashes is based around Risk/Reward. The concept of 'Everybody wins' is an alien concept. Streamers have the biggest Risk/Reward System in known existence.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    If a player in game has a lot of people that want to kill them, they would be forced to deal with the reprocussions of that.

I see no reason why a player that is importing that along with them should be any different.

Its different as these players bring a TON of new people into your game. Its in your best interest to protect them. Just look at all the popularity increase after Asmongold's interview with Steven.

They just have to deal with what you do or do not bring to the game, just like every other player has to deal with what they do or do not bring to the game.

No. Do not equate them to normal players. They are content creators, so they will have a MUCH higher amount of people wanting to harass them than an average player. They bring attention to your game, so its your duty to protect them from harassment.

Its important to make changes to the corruption system so that it affects High level griefing significantly, which won't be experienced by 95% of the playerbase.

All they need to do to get around it is to level up while not streaming - but they won't do that because they are not getting paid if they are not streaming.

If someone bought attention to my game, I wouldn't want to alter the game with all those eyes on it.

I've yet to see a single subscription based game that streamers have had an impact on.

Free to play games, sure, but not subscription games. It doesn't suit their audience.
    edited July 2020
    Neurath wrote: »
    Hardcore PvE People ask for PvE Servers. The answer is NO.
    Hardcore PvP People ask for PvP Servers. The answer is NO.
    Roleplayers ask for a Roleplayer Server. The Answer is NO.
    Streamers ask for a Streamer Server. The answer should be NO.

If you want to stream a PvP Game, then you should expect PvP, you don't request bonuses for PvP if you are a streamer. Then all the PvPers would become streamers. How then would you differentiate who gets the BONUS and who doesn't get the BONUS? Through Streamer Size?

They are CONTENT CREATORS. STOP thinking that they're normal players. No one is asking for streamer servers, they're just asking for protection against harassment so that they can stream a game they love and make content for it, without too many restrictions.

They are CONTENT CREATORS. STOP thinking that they're normal players.

Stop simping, you're embarrasing yourself.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020

While I appreciate the attention they gave the game and happy they liked what they saw, it's not like their audience lives in a vacuum with the streamer being there only source of news. People would find out about the game, especially when it's released.

If big streamers wanted to play my game then I would be happy but I wouldn't want to make them their own version. I'd rather support the people who want to stream the game the way it is.
  • phdmonster wrote: »
    Well, streamers may have a lot of people after them wanting to kill them, but they will also have a lot of people around them that don't want to kill them - to do the opposite and protect them.

So, if one is a problem, then the opposite is a problem as well. There isn't really any way to deal with people wanting to kill you or protect your life.

Again, whilst this statement is 100% true, when it comes to services and events in the world, its not true for open world pvp.
    They are CONTENT CREATORS. STOP thinking that they're normal players. No one is asking for streamer servers, they're just asking for protection against harassment so that they can stream a game they love and make content for it without any restrictions.

You are a Streamer White Knight. We had Streamers in Ashes before your favourite streamers got involved. Only WoW Lovers are asking for Streamer Privileges. Why should we change a game we've paid to back for someone who is paid to play a game?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • noaani wrote: »
    a player won't be corrupted from a single kill.
    Yes they will.

No. Steven specifically said that you only have a chance of losing gear and losing dmg, when you're highly corrupted, i.e when you've killed multiple innocent people. I'd expect this to be after or around 2 kills or so.
  • CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Hardcore PvE People ask for PvE Servers. The answer is NO.
    Hardcore PvP People ask for PvP Servers. The answer is NO.
    Roleplayers ask for a Roleplayer Server. The Answer is NO.
    Streamers ask for a Streamer Server. The answer should be NO.

If you want to stream a PvP Game, then you should expect PvP, you don't request bonuses for PvP if you are a streamer. Then all the PvPers would become streamers. How then would you differentiate who gets the BONUS and who doesn't get the BONUS? Through Streamer Size?

They are CONTENT CREATORS. STOP thinking that they're normal players. No one is asking for streamer servers, they're just asking for protection against harassment so that they can stream a game they love and make content for it, without too many restrictions.

Im not sure why do you think streamer servers should be a no just because first 3 were so. Okay... so if i ask for no racism server answer also should be a no? PvP is a game mode, Stremers arent a mode.

Regardless.

I agree streamer protections are a good thing, but its important what the protections are, and in general it makes no sense to just stop thinking about it based on few random phrases repeated like a mantra. Many of streamer "protections" can easily be implemented across all servers. That's true. No reason to just give them to streamers, streamers will just be easiest to protect because they are recording. So write TOS in such a way that people will be easily managed. Stop acting like killing is all griefing possible.

Next in line is the issue of streamer servers. If you think noone is asking for them, you are fucking wrong. Many people across many games tend to ask for streamer servers. Not to protect streamers, to stay away from them. Thats why nice streamers often announce where they will play to extend that hand to the community. Its really not a big deal for Intrepid to just tell the streamer, hey man we are happy to help you out with harassment on your stream, but you in exchange have to announce where you will play. Who exactly is getting hurt here? Nobody. At all. Its all positive no negative change and i dont see how anyone could be against it.
  • dux wrote: »
    They will have people trying to grief them but they also have the power to get very good players to be their friends and protect them. They will have the power to be the mayor, have legendary equipment and mounts.

It's a natural situation for me: You are famous and powerful. There will be people praising you and there will be people trying to take you down. Deal with it

Again, whilst this is true for events and services, this IS NOT true for open world PvP.
    edited July 2020
    a player won't be corrupted from a single kill.
    Yes they will.

No. Steven specifically said that you only have a chance of losing gear and losing dmg, when you're highly corrupted, i.e when you've killed multiple innocent people. I'd expect this to be after or around 2 kills or so.

You only lose gear when you have a high amount of corruption, but you gain some corruption after killing a single non-combatant.

You specifically said you don't gain corruption after one kill, which is incorrect.
    dux wrote: »

Again, whilst this is true for events and services, this IS NOT true for open world PvP.

If there won't be people there to protect them, why would you think there would be people there to attack them?

So, if my Guild declares Guild War on a Streamers Guild and wipes the Streamer's Guild, you would expect me to not able to use functions of the game because they are a Streamer?

The same principle is applied to The Corruption System, if someone wants to go Corrupted to kill someone else, then they are fully entitled to do so, irrespective of the reason, because it is a game mode.

Someone might kill the Streamer who isn't stream sniping, if that is enough for a Streamer to quit the game or bad mouth the game, they shouldn't be playing the game.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Way too many posts to reply to. Voice your opinion here.

https://strawpoll.com/u2rkpd182

So, if my Guild declares Guild War on a Streamers Guild and wipes the Streamer's Guild, you would expect me to not able to use functions of the game because they are a Streamer?

The same principle is applied to The Corruption System, if someone wants to go Corrupted to kill someone else, then they are fully entitled to do so, irrespective of the reason, because it is a game mode.

Someone might kill the Streamer who isn't stream sniping, if that is enough for a Streamer to quit the game or bad mouth the game, they shouldn't be playing the game.

Its interesting you focus on killing or wars. Look bro. You can grief in many other ways. Streamers dont ask to be immortal. Streamers ask for rules to be placed that prevent toxic behaviour from the players affecting them purely because they are broadcasting. And there is nothing wrong with that. If you make it "illegal" for EVERYONE to harass ANYONE in certain way, then if it happens to a streamer, all DM needs is glance at the screen and mass delete people. Guild war is different thing entirely.
    I'm not taking part in your polls because you know your demands are unreasonable. I don't have to vote on issues which are game breaking, its an automatic no.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • noaani wrote: »
    Asmongold, Tim, Summit and Shroud
    They will play the game for 2 months tops.

If they don't get bored of the game, their viewers will get bored of it.

If the game comes out the way its intended, they will play it for a LOT longer. Especially if new content comes out on a regular basis.
    edited July 2020

So far, I've seen the Streams and the Audience wants free Beta Keys. I've also heard Streamers will gain access to the tests without payment. To me this is already Streamer Privilege and Streamers don't need any further privileges.

They indirectly paid WAY MORE than the price for these keys with the attention that they brought to this game, through their audience. Just look at google trends for ashes of creation. Look at the HUGE increase in popularity. They might have just potentially gotten a better Publisher for EU, than my.com, because of it. Read Steven's latest message on discord.
    I'm not taking part in your polls because you know your demands are unreasonable. I don't have to vote on issues which are game breaking, its an automatic no.

I don't even take your opinions seriously. You're that bounty hunter guy, that's blinded by his love for bounty hunting, that thinks that you're going to benefit from streamers, because of the mass amount of griefers that they bring with them. That's not how it works mate. You won't be able to stop them.
    edited July 2020

I am talking about MASS, OPEN WORLD, PVP GRIEFING. NOT GUILD WARS.

I am also NOT saying that streamers should be IMMUNE to PVP. What I am saying is, there should be a LIMIT.

Its NOT someone. Its more.....how many?
  • MrPancakeMrPancake Member, Settler, Kickstarter

nobody knows you. Why would someone want to kill you? If Asmongold gets killed 20 times and you 0 times, you really don't think it has anything to do with him being popular / a streamer?
    Tq3LCNj.png
    I don't even take your opinions seriously. You're that bounty hunter guy, that's blinded by his love for bounty hunting, that thinks that you're going to benefit from streamers, because of the mass amount of griefers that they bring with them. That's not how it works mate. You won't be able to stop them.

It is irrelevant what you think you know, or, what you think needs to happen. If there is Streamer Privilege then everyone will become a streamer or people won't play on streamer servers, or, people won't play the game at all because there would be no point.

In a Guild War, I can kill an enemy Guild Player whenever the hell I want, with how ever many people I want and there would be no corruption.

It isn't even a case of me wanting Corrupted Players, I'd rather have no Corrupted People so I can live in a Divine Node and not have to deal with whiners.

So far, you have offered no tangible reason for anyone to gains BONUS effects in game. You have merely shown why it is important all parties have access to the same game. There is such a thing as Pay 2 Win, and if a Streamer is Paid to Play the game, then that would be Pay 2 Win in terms of ANY BONUS you care to state would be required.

In fact, most people who want to grief a streamer would use Guild War and not risk Corruption, but, you are so blinded by some sort of allegiance to Big Streamers that you think you can manipulate the facts. Rest assured, Streamers will have enemies because some people don't want Streamers and their Hordes taking over the whole damn server.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif

If the game comes out the way its intended, they will play it for a LOT longer. Especially if new content comes out on a regular basis.

Remember, this is a job to them, not entertainment.

The second viewers go down, they are gone.
  • AsriAsri Member
    So should the special snowflake streamer rules apply to any streamer? Or is there a particular platform you have to be on? Popularity? Smaller streamers get snipped and griefed, too. If someone has one viewer, can they get the special protections? If not, where are you going to draw the line?

If you publicly broadcast what you do in a pvp game and work hard to be popular, you take the consequences that come with it. Just like the other players on the server have to take the consequences of your stream army showing up.
    edited July 2020

Remember, this is a job to them, not entertainment.

The second viewers go down, they are gone.

If the stream is entertaining enough, that won't happen. Look at how many viewers watch Asmongold. You would think that watching an MMORPG like WoW must be boring to watch, yet over 50k people tune in to watch him. Its because of the way he finds content to do in a game that he loves playing, even if that game might be boring to watch.

Ashes of Creation is, fundamentally, going to be WAY more fun to watch, than WoW. So it will be quite difficult to get bored of it, especially with regular new content releases.
    edited July 2020
    Asri wrote: »
    So should the special snowflake streamer rules apply to any streamer? Or is there a particular platform you have to be on? Popularity? Smaller streamers get snipped and griefed, too. If someone has one viewer, can they get the special protections? If not, where are you going to draw the line?

If you publicly broadcast what you do in a pvp game and work hard to be popular, you take the consequences that come with it. Just like the other players on the server have to take the consequences of your stream army showing up.

You would have to put restrictions in place, that LIMIT continuous griefing. Say you're a small streamer, and you died like 5 or 6 times in the open world, because your viewers decided to grief you. Then you should be immune to that griefing for a while. This LIMITS the amount of times you can be griefed per day.

It should apply to ANYONE who gets CONSTANTLY harassed by a group of people. Whether you're a small streamer or a big one, or some other social media celebrity, it shouldn't matter. No one deserves to be consistently harassed by trolls, that don't mind investing large amounts of time to do so.