Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Playable Race [Poll]

RyufuRyufu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Comments

• Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We need to know the racials 1st
  • Options
    RyufuRyufu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Aardvark wrote: »

I think there are many people who are decided regardless of racial abilities. Also, it is generally known how races are such as orcs with strength or dwarves with hardiness. This is to gauge general interest.
  • Options
    Ryufu wrote: »

I think there are many people who are decided regardless of racial abilities. Also, it is generally known how races are such as orcs with strength or dwarves with hardiness. This is to gauge general interest.

Just as many people have picked their class and will go with whatever race has racials that best support that class
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited August 2020
    I've only seen silhouettes of the Tulnar but that's good enough for me to choose them because it will allow me to create my look. Now I'm going on a bit of faith that the choices won't suck and i will hopefully be able to create something akin to a Skaven but I might be ok with something like the ESO Argonians or Kahjit.

Before you ask, yes, I'm not the biggest fan of humanoid races. Hell I would prefer Undead way before I would choose boring ol' Humans, Elves or Dwarves.

I admit I'm very frustrated (as are others) that we have at least seen the other races and more but next to nothing on the Tulnar :/
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    This is something I have not even considered at this point. I can't name the races much less even be familiar with their characteristics.
  • Options
    LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If I can make my Tulnar look like a Dark Elf, bonus points for horns, then that's what I will be, if not then I will probably be an Emp Elf
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just pick Tulnar. ALL the cool kids are.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do like the theme of the vaelune the most
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lfmr wrote: »
    If I can make my Tulnar look like a Dark Elf, bonus points for horns, then that's what I will be, if not then I will probably be an Emp Elf

I was hoping I could just get some dark grays and red eyes on the Emp Elf myself.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    I really like the idea of the Vek, an Orc race that isn't inherently violent and bloodcrazed really speaks to me. So far I'm playing with the idea of having a Vek Falconer. I'm hoping on going the pirate route, with all the naval options that have been discussed. But I'm not sure if that will be possible.
  • Options
    For me this poll comes to early. I have to see how the animations and the movements are. In almost all MMOs I played, some races had animations I couldn't stand. Sometimes particular race-class-styles didn't work for me. But I am curious of the results :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Haraxa wrote: »
    For me this poll comes to early. I have to see how the animations and the movements are. In almost all MMOs I played, some races had animations I couldn't stand. Sometimes particular race-class-styles didn't work for me. But I am curious of the results :-)

We also need to know the dances for each race...night elf dances (Michael Jackson and Alizee) are soo much better than blood elf dances ( Napoleon Dynamite and Britney Spears) :P
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tulnar are... second place?!? UNACCEPTABLE! ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    We also need to know the dances for each race...night elf dances (Michael Jackson and Alizee) are soo much better than blood elf dances ( Napoleon Dynamite and Britney Spears) :P

Male belf dance is BIS tho

• Options
    edited August 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgw4EgeR960

Number 4 for Tulnar.
    Number 5 Wood Elf.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    There's not really a race that stands out for me. I'll probably just work with my guild. Whatever area we decide to start in I'll likely pick an associated race.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

We must wipe them off the face if Verra
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Lfmr wrote: »

I was hoping I could just get some dark grays and red eyes on the Emp Elf myself.

Can't forget the horns! Never forget the horns! Horns and antlers look phenomenal on Elves.
  • Options
    Depends on Aesthetic and Racial balance. Right now I want to be a Nikoa Dwarf, but if it gets in the way of being a Bard then I won't.

I think it would be cool if they tried a new racial ability system by either having a race skill tree or let you choose your racial from a list of unique options per race. That way you can be the race you want, but at the same time not feel like it hampered your class with the choice. While also preserving the impact choosing your race should have.

I actually hate how WoW does it because none of the racial choices matter. The racials are so insignificant that I don't care about them in WoW. I'd much rather every choice you make matter to some extent and they all come together to form a character.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    Depends on Aesthetic and Racial balance. Right now I want to be a Nikoa Dwarf, but if it gets in the way of being a Bard then I won't.

I think it would be cool if they tried a new racial ability system by either having a race skill tree or let you choose your racial from a list of unique options per race. That way you can be the race you want, but at the same time not feel like it hampered your class with the choice. While also preserving the impact choosing your race should have.

I actually hate how WoW does it because none of the racial choices matter. The racials are so insignificant that I don't care about them in WoW. I'd much rather every choice you make matter to some extent and they all come together to form a character.

Thats new wow...in old wow some of them mattered very much
  • Options
    I really want to make a Ratman Tulnar if possible (if not then at least a dark elf or lizardman).
    Imagine it:
    You stand on your high walls, your city surrounded by an enemy army.
    Suddenly, the invaders start stomping their weapons and shields on the ground and a cordon opens. Out waddles a little, fat ratling with a stick twice as tall as himself.
    He takes a deep breath and starts squacking in a high voice:
    "Death-Murder to you all! We be b-break down tall walls! No es-escape-running from VERMINTIDE!"
    And he suddenly starts screaming at all surrounding players who get buffed up by him.
    The battle begins.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Personally, I'm going to play the one that has the prettiest female model / customization / gear.
    I suppose it's going to be elves or humans. It is hard to say which one at the moment...
  • Options
    Want to make a Tulnar reptilian, but let's what they actually look like once they release art in alpha 2.
    UncomfortableDangerousBarracuda-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    I'll have to wait to decide between the Vaelune and Py'Rai. I selected Py'Rai for the poll because I'm leaning towards the race since its inspired by Native Americans; however, it'll depend if it's more Native American based or more fantasy Wood Elf based. If it's more the generic Wood Elf, I'll probably go Vaelune.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

Heathen!
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options

Thats new wow...in old wow some of them mattered very much

They changed a lot of the racials. I don't even know why they are even still in the game. A lot of them have the potential to do nothing in a lot of circumstances. Classic Balanced them a little better, but I still don't like the crafting racials that don't do anything really.

zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Dead gods, so many pointy ears
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    I do like the theme of the vaelune the most

Never thought about that......even YOU will have to choose a race to reincarnate into. Since you were originally Khemri, the Vaelune seem like a natural fit.

Never.....gonna.....happen.

Like the Skaven, you might be able to wipe out a pocket but like weeds we will just spring back out of the earth to re-populate!

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    I will pick tulnar so I can backstab my entire race. I'm a hero.
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm planning on trying mage first and Empyrean elves seem like the most caster like race so I'll probably go that route. I'll be giving each class a try during the beta tests though so come launch we'll see