Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Why you should play a dwarf and not a tulnar.

HartwellHartwell Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
ChadDwarf.png

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Thats were you are wrong!
    FOR TULNAR HAVE THREE RACES!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

It's not three different races, but a combination of four in one, on account of all the inbreeding in a cave thing.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Hartwell wrote: »

It's not three different races, but a combination of four in one, on account of all the inbreeding in a cave thing.

They amended that to three races, but we can freely choose how much each race influents the character.
    You could look just like one of the three races or as a mix of two or a mix of all three.

Imagine it like a threesided slider.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The wiki has a citation from 2018 that says four races. Was there a more recent source for them having only three? The citation for them having a combination of three races came from 2017. Would be nice for correcting that page.

Edit: I talked with Jahlon and he said it comes from a 2019 interview with him.

Edit 2: It seems like the tulnar could still be four major races in lore, but with three races for character customization? BLAH! Too messy to touch.
  • Options
    While I do agree that dwarves are probably going to be more cool than the Tulnar. We don't know enough about the races to make a decision just yet. I know most of the Tulnar wanters are probably not going to actually role as Tulnar due to stats and racials. We really need to see stats and racial differences before people basically lock the decision.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    XyphienXyphien Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    While I do agree that dwarves are probably going to be more cool than the Tulnar. We don't know enough about the races to make a decision just yet. I know most of the Tulnar wanters are probably not going to actually role as Tulnar due to stats and racials. We really need to see stats and racial differences before people basically lock the decision.

It's all about the backstory. Tulnar Necromancer ftw

10/10 tho for meemee @Hartwell
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Both should just die
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You were supposed to bring balance to the force not corrupt it!
  • Options
    I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em. They should've died in the apocalypse, instead of getting it on with some animal races in a cave.
  • Options
    okay
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em. They should've died in the apocalypse, instead of getting it on with some animal races in a cave.

If this is how you see them then you may need some glasses.

For starters, you choose to pick on the most picked on race in the community. Already a very un-original, un-chad move.

They were abandoned by your "chad" race, not the gods. Don't forget, some of our decends were members of your "chad" race that were left behind.

As far as assets, go yes, we will be released last which means there will be the most experience behind our design. I want Tulnar to be the last one made.

Just make sure you keep humming this tune when we return to Verra.
  • Options
    Still Emos living in a cave who love animals a little too much.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Still Emos living in a cave who love animals a little too much.

We are progressive thinkers but even we aren't into kids.

(sorry, easy jab at your avatar)
  • Options
    She's a cute fairy though. I'm not into kids either nor do I assume what people choose to represent themselves online is indicative of their sexual preference. =3

That aside I don't have to for Tulnar though. Cuz they will be playing as characters who have done it whether the user likes it or not.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    She's a cute fairy though. I'm not into kids either nor do I assume what people choose to represent themselves online is indicative of their sexual preference. =3

That aside I don't have to for Tulnar though. Cuz they will be playing as characters who have done it whether the user likes it or not.

Im telling you right now, that Tulnar most likely wont have a "furry" race option. Every race for them that we saw as a silhouette had a lizard-like tail.
    We are the true sons and daughters of Verra. You all ran away like the cowards that you are, when things got tough. We survived. We thrived. We will rip you apart limb from limb to prove our right.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    You be the lizard butts all you want. I will pick a sophisticated race that doesn't live in caves. nyahahahahaha
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    This is awkward because we are the lizard butts not people who want lizard butts.

Is my Lizard butt not good enough for you?

Also, technically there are also still purebread humanoid tulnar who have not pursued the lizard butts.
  • Options
    Well I'm not a furry. Go ask someone who is. XD I just want to /pet a fairy.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    /pet.... is that what humans call it these days?
  • Options
    Are lizard people furries? I'll need to do some soul searching.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say all lizardmen are furries but there are furries that are lizardmen.
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Also, technically there are also still purebread humanoid tulnar who have not pursued the lizard butts.

Tulnar mudbloods

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    Petting is totally wholesome. No one ever pet a fluffy dog. Well pet a fairy today.

Now these Lizard butts. Totally Degenerate. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    I wouldn't say all lizardmen are furries but there are furries that are lizardmen.

All I'm certain of is that the first dwarf to fall from Chaditude was definitely into some weird stuff.
  • Options
    Who says any Dwarves fell from chaditude. I'll steal yo wife bitch. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options

Im telling you right now, that Tulnar most likely wont have a "furry" race option. Every race for them that we saw as a silhouette had a lizard-like tail.
    We are the true sons and daughters of Verra. You all ran away like the cowards that you are, when things got tough. We survived. We thrived. We will rip you apart limb from limb to prove our right.

That's a pretty big assumption you are making based on a handful of vague silhouettes that were most likely made up BEFORE they actually had the racial options fleshed out. What do you think the other 2-3 general choices to be, 3 variants of lizards??? :D

There is JUST as strong a possibility that what we saw were variants of only ONE option so there is plenty of room for a vulpine, canine, lupine, murine, etc.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    YuyukoyayYuyukoyay Member
    edited August 2020
    WoW did go the furries are us route. I think it's still hilarious people complain about it to this day despite them being pretty popular considering how small a community furries are. Foxy!
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Empyrean master race
  • Options
    I would rather be a dark elf Tulnar then someone who want to "pet" a fairy.
    Tulnar dont live in caves or caverns nor in hollows. We live in catacombs, giant and mysterious giant catacombs with secure doors and tunnels. Imagine hobbits with sharp teeth, weapons and unique appearances.
    At least we dont go around hugging trees, or live in *shudder* some dirty, rotting, leaking, stinking holes in the ground that dwarvs call a "mine".
    a6XEiIf.gif