Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Content Creators and Mass, Low-Level Griefing

Comments

• Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    @Kohl

CaptnChuck wrote: »
    @CaptainChuck

So I see what you mean when being able to choose where you spawn. Just to clarify, you want streamers to be able to choose but regular people that don't stream to not be able to choose?

Please for the love of god, READ MY POST. Right now, if you die, you respawn at a nearby respawn location.

ALL IM ASKING, is for EVERYONE to have AN OPTION to either respawn at a nearby location like USUAL, OR respawn at a RANDOM ONE on the map. RANDOM ONE. You don't get to choose. Is it really that difficult to understand?You won't be able to abuse it if you only have a 1/103 chance of respawning at a node you want to go to.

You DON'T get to choose where. You only have the option to decide if you want to respawn like usual, or respawn at a random location. That's it. If you choose to respawn at a random location, YOU CANNOT CHOOSE A LOCATION. It respawns you RANDOMLY on the map. So 1/103 chance of respawning at a particular node.

And not just streamers, EVERYONE gets the option. You wouldn't want to use this option, unless a huge amount of people are mass griefing you, as its extremely disadvantageous to respawn randomly on the map. Since the map is huge, if you respawn on another continent, you will not be able to group back up with your friends for a LONG time.
  • Options
    SangramoireSangramoire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @CaptainChuck
    oh and one possible problem I see with it.

Let's say im in node A and I decide to spawn in a random node, and I'm spawned in node F which is about 6 game hours away. All my stuff is back in node A and I need to go back to get it eventually, how do you propose I get back there with no fast travel?
  • Options
    KohlKohl Member
    @CaptainChuck
    I understand, I corrected my post earlier.
    @CaptainChuck

having the option to spawn at a nearby node or a random one still doesn't solve the issue. If they are as big of a streamer as you make them out to be there will be people throughout all of the server attempting to grief them anyways and if they are attempting to accomplish a certain thing in the game then there's no point in spawning somewhere random as his destination would remain the same.

there's no detriment that I can see for adding that feature though so I'm indifferent about it if it's a random spawn point. Though don't think people won't do it because even if they get negative xp people won't care.

This ^.

Isn't there like a whole system with caravans built around nodes? How will me teleporting in the different node affect the resources I've gathered in the node I've died in? Wouldn't teleporting in a different node break the game?
  • Options
    @CaptainChuck

Let's say im in node A and I decide to spawn in a random node, and I'm spawned in node F which is about 6 game hours away. All my stuff is back in node A and I need to go back to get it eventually, how do you propose I get back there with no fast travel?

you have the family system if one player from you family is on that node you can tp
  • Options
    @/CaptainChuck

Have your hoard of followers bring you stuff of course, you famous streamer, you ;)

• Options
    edited August 2020
    READ MY POST CAREFULLY. I've been advocating for an option since the very beginning. You have a 1/103 chance of respawning where the streamers respawns, assuming that every node gets a respawn point. So no, good luck trying your chances that way. Also, did you forget about negative exp? You can't keep dying, it reduces your combat effectiveness and you also lose resources.

@ownerofglory

We're talking about a 1/103 chance here. Are you serious? If you get to respawn at the exact location where you want to go, then congrats, you won the odds.

yes but it doesn't have to be the exact same if it is in walking distance i would consider being 2 nodes away a good trade and about the losing resources you can save them in your house, and as you mentioned if a player wants to risk losing stuff and becoming weaker just to kill a streamer i would think they are stupid.

Are you serious? Yet again, you didn't read my post. Low level gear doesn't matter. Nobody wants it. Also 1 kill isnt enough to render you combat ineffective. You need to kill multiple non-combatants. So imagine how any times a hundred or a thousand trolls will have to kill a streamer before they're rendered combat ineffective. About 300 to 3000 times. We're talking about 100s or thousands of people that don't mind screwing up a character completely, in exchange for ruining a streamer's in game experience. Obviously, at higher levels, this won't matter at all. But at low levels, its a huge problem.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    READ MY POST CAREFULLY. I've been advocating for an option since the very beginning. You have a 1/103 chance of respawning where the streamers respawns, assuming that every node gets a respawn point. So no, good luck trying your chances that way. Also, did you forget about negative exp? You can't keep dying, it reduces your combat effectiveness and you also lose resources.

@ownerofglory

We're talking about a 1/103 chance here. Are you serious? If you get to respawn at the exact location where you want to go, then congrats, you won the odds.

yes but it doesn't have to be the exact same if it is in walking distance i would consider being 2 nodes away a good trade and about the losing resources you can save them in your house, and as you mentioned if a player wants to risk losing stuff and becoming weaker just to kill a streamer i would think they are stupid.

So let me get this straight. Say a node you want to go to clear dungeon or raid content has about 20 or so nodes under its ZOI (As there will only be 5/100 metropolises, each one could have about 20 nodes or so under its ZOI).

You and your friends, will kill each other, to risk a 1/5 chance to spawn near this node with reduction in combat effectiveness? Did you forget about the part that dungeons and raids are open world? Would you really want to fight a guild/raid in that area, when you don't have 4/5th of your group/guild and all of you have reduced combat effectiveness? I don't think so.
  • Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    edited August 2020
    The streamer’s buddies can defend them. In all these scenarios are we pretending streamers are gonna play this game solo and not with a hefty group of viewers?
  • Options
    ownerofgloryownerofglory Member
    edited August 2020

@ownerofglory

Are you serious? Yet again, you didn't read my post. Low level gear doesn't matter. Nobody wants it. Also 1 kill isnt enough to render you combat ineffective. You need to kill multiple non-combatants. So imagine how any times a hundred or a thousand trolls will have to kill a streamer before they're rendered combat ineffective. About 300 to 3000 times. We're talking about 100s or thousands of people that don't mind screwing up a character completely, in exchange for ruining a streamer's in game experience. Obviously, at higher levels, this won't matter at all. But at low levels, its a huge problem.

dude you are the only one that doesn't read and if you are reading you didn't want to give YOUR OPINION you came here to HAVE YOUR OPINION APPROVED, EVERYONE replying to you is saying that such system won't be GOOD FOR THE GAME but you refuse to listen and only think about what you are saying, YOU only talk about the GRIEFS but why don't you talk about the ones that will HELP?

SINCE I STARTED TO READ THIS POST I HAVE YET COM READ SOMEONE WANTING SUCH SYSTEM BUT YOU ONE CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    @CaptainChuck

Why would you choose to respawn at a random node for no reason? Its meant to be an option for players that are getting spawn camped, at low levels, to escape and quest elsewhere. Why would any player that is a citizen of a node, ever decide to do that?
  • Options
    edited August 2020

@ownerofglory

So let me get this straight. Say a node you want to go to clear dungeon or raid content has about 20 or so nodes under its ZOI (As there will only be 5/100 metropolises, each one could have about 20 nodes or so under its ZOI).

You and your friends, will kill each other, to risk a 1/5 chance to spawn near this node with reduction in combat effectiveness? Did you forget about the part that dungeons and raids are open world? Would you really want to fight a guild/raid in that area, when you don't have 4/5th of your group/guild and all of you have reduced combat effectiveness? I don't think so.

you can die to a mob but before that give everything to a guildmate you trust and if you are close enough you can summon them with the family system and your friend will give everything and you only lost exp
  • Options
    edited August 2020

@ownerofglory

dude you are the only one that doesn't read and if you are reading you didn't want to give YOUR OPINION you came here to HAVE YOUR OPINION APPROVED, EVERYONE replying to you is saying that such system won't be GOOD FOR THE GAME but you refuse to listen and only think about what you are saying, YOU only talk about the GRIEFS but why don't you talk about the ones that will HELP?

SINCE I STARTED TO READ THIS POST I HAVE YEAT COM READ SOMEONE WANTING SUCH SYSTEM BUT YOU ONE CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT.

Bro. Look at your posts, Kohl's posts and Sang's posts. All of you clearly didn't read what I said, because if you did, you wouldn't spend time asking why people can choose to respawn at a node when I CLEARLY SAID ITS RANDOM. Also, read what I said about the corruption system. You dodged that one, good job. When the argument finally becomes sensible to you, you cannot talk anymore.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

@ownerofglory

you can die to a mob but before that give everything to a guildmate you trust and if you are close enough you can summon them with the family system and your friend will give everything and you only lost exp

You lose character and skill stats, hp and mana. You cannot give that away.

Also, this whole suggestion is assuming that there is a dual cooldown on the family system, i.e. the player and the summoned one cannot summon again for a decent amount of time. As of right now, the family system is not balanced and it needs to be fixed regardless of this issue.

Assuming that the family system will be given dual cd, which Steven said he was considering, even if 1/5th of your respawns at the location and you decide to summon the other 1/5th, that's still only 2/5th of your group.
  • Options

@ownerofglory

SINCE I STARTED TO READ THIS POST I HAVE YEAT COM READ SOMEONE WANTING SUCH SYSTEM BUT YOU ONE CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT.

Bro. Look at your posts, Kohl's posts and Sang's posts. All of you clearly didn't read what I said, because if you did, you wouldn't spend time asking why people can choose to respawn at a node when I CLEARLY SAID ITS RANDOM. Also, read what I said about the corruption system. You dodged that one, good job.

dude i didn't say you could choose the node, i was aware you said a random node, if you go back and read i what i said was that such system can be exploited
  • Options

@ownerofglory

Bro. Look at your posts, Kohl's posts and Sang's posts. All of you clearly didn't read what I said, because if you did, you wouldn't spend time asking why people can choose to respawn at a node when I CLEARLY SAID ITS RANDOM. Also, read what I said about the corruption system. You dodged that one, good job.

dude i didn't say you could choose the node, i was aware you said a random node, if you go back and read i what i said was that such system can be exploited

And i addressed each one of your exploits. The family system one as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

@ownerofglory

Yea but here is the thing. This is assuming that there is a dual cooldown on the family system, i.e. the player and the summoned one cannot summon again for a decent amount of time. As of right now, the family system is not balanced and it needs to be fixed regardless of this issue.

Assuming that the family system will be given dual cd, which Steven said he was considering, even if 1/5th of your respawn at the location and you decide to summon the other 1/5th, that's still only 2/5th of your group.

yes we dont know about the summon system and we also dont know about maybe 80% of the game, and trying to have such system when you dont know anything about the game is dangerous dont you agree? now if the game comes out and after a month we see a need for such system i would gladly support it but not right now

EDIT: steven was considering it still not 100% sure
  • Options
    KohlKohl Member
    Yup, I admit I either didn't see the "this includes everyone" "random" or it didn't register in my brain. Or it was edited out, and added later. But let's say I didn't read it.

But I still wanna know how this teleporting will affect the resources I had on my person, if I'm teleported to a different node. I think it was mentioned that the resources are tied to the node you're in, making need for the caravan system.

Now at the risk of "not having read it again properly" do you mean teleporting at a random place within the same node, or a different node? What is your definition of a node? Are we talking about the same thing? There's a main node, and bunch of adjacent smaller nodes that are considered part of the main node. Then there is other "main nodes" that you need caravans to take your resources there.

Does teleporting only happens within the same main node you're in? If so how big are these nodes realistically. If I need to spend 30 minutes walking from the end node to reach the place where I was, I'd rather not have the system you're proposing.
  • Options

@ownerofglory

Yea but here is the thing. This is assuming that there is a dual cooldown on the family system, i.e. the player and the summoned one cannot summon again for a decent amount of time. As of right now, the family system is not balanced and it needs to be fixed regardless of this issue.

Assuming that the family system will be given dual cd, which Steven said he was considering, even if 1/5th of your respawn at the location and you decide to summon the other 1/5th, that's still only 2/5th of your group.

yes we dont know about the summon system and we also dont know about maybe 80% of the game, and trying to have such system when you dont know anything about the game is dangerous dont you agree? now if the game comes out and after a month we see a need for such system i would gladly support it but not right now

Exactly. Why not say this in the beginning? Why create all this unnecessary tension?

So the conclusion is, if the family system is on a dual cd, you'll be ok with my suggestion?
  • Options
    DummoDummo Member
    edited August 2020
    Some of the comments to this topic make me believe the post isn't read carefully too. Although it would be a pretty good solution, I guess, I do not think the streamers need to be helped. They'll probably have help in a lot of ways already, because they're streamers.

Edit: family summon system needs to be balanced indeed.
    Dark Knight Dummo

d681818dab4ff18eaec03b0dffa7a634.gif
  • Options

@ownerofglory

Exactly. Why not say this in the beginning? Why create all this unnecessary tension?

So the conclusion is, if the family system is on a dual cd, you'll be ok with my suggestion?

if it is necessary i will 100% support it but right now i dont see the need thats all
  • Options
    SangramoireSangramoire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @CaptainChuck

Why would you choose to respawn at a random node for no reason? Its meant to be an option for players that are getting spawn camped, at low levels, to escape and quest elsewhere. Why would any player that is a citizen of a node, ever decide to do that?

You wouldn't really which means that it would only be useful to people when they are barely starting out and have nothing. I don't think it's a bad feature to add but it also won't be that useful besides that once. Alternatively, if streamers are really getting griefed that much they can just level up the first couple levels off stream. Even if the feature is used and they are really getting griefed I doubt the feature to spawn somewhere else random would help much because if that streamer really is big enough for it to be an issue there's bound to already be people that will grief him no matter where he spawns.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Kohl

There are 103 nodes in the game. As nodes progress, they take over the nodes around them. So a metropolis will most likely have about 20 nodes under its ZOI. (As 5 metropolises, so 100/5 = 20)

Its reasonable to assume that every node will have a respawn point in it. So a metropolis, will have around 20 or so respawn points in and around it.

Since you have a 1/103 chance of respawning at a particular node, you have about a 1/5 (20/100=1/5) chance of respawning near a metropolis.

As for resources, when you die, you lose some of it. The remaining will come with you. However, since the inventory to carry resources is small, you won't be able to carry a significant amount of resources to the other node when you respawn there. This will prevent players from escaping the caravan system.

As for it taking too much time to get back to your original spot, REMEMBER, its NOT meant to be used as a regular respawn option. Its meant to be AN OPTION for low levels, that are getting spawn camped, to spawn elsewhere on the world and start questing. As they are low level, they wouldn't have made any connections with the nearby nodes anyways. So it won't matter to them. Higher level players will have connections with the nearby nodes, so they won't use it as it would be too time consuming/risky.

The regular option of respawning at a nearby node will still be available. So if you died in a metropolis, you will be respawned at a random respawn point in it, i.e in 1 out of the 20 respawn points under it. But if you are getting spawn camped, you have the option to spawn elsewhere on the map and continue questing. Its merely an option. Thats all.
  • Options
    To add, you could also make it so that this option is only available when you're killed in PvP by non-party and non-guild members. It would avoid a lot of the issues stated by @ownerofglory .
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @CaptainChuck

You wouldn't really which means that it would only be useful to people when they are barely starting out and have nothing. I don't think it's a bad feature to add but it also won't be that useful besides that once. Alternatively, if streamers are really getting griefed that much they can just level up the first couple levels off stream. Even if the feature is used and they are really getting griefed I doubt the feature to spawn somewhere else random would help much because if that streamer really is big enough for it to be an issue there's bound to already be people that will grief him no matter where he spawns.

It will only be used by low level players that don't have any connections with nearby nodes, but are getting griefed by constant spawn camping. Starting fresh somewhere else won't matter to them as they haven't established themselves.

As for streamers being forced to level off stream, that's a pretty bad idea as leveling takes a lot of time. So you're essentially asking them to not showcase the early enjoyment and content that they have to their viewerbase.
  • Options
    KohlKohl Member
    @CaptnChuck I see.

But it's still creating issues... Having scattered resources across nodes, and there's also the issue if you've already had a quest in that node, and you're farming certain things that are only found in that node, you'll have to abandon the quest to go in another node. Leaving the currently gathered resources back in that node, and be of no use to you.

How much time will it pass to be found in another node and griefed again?
    Streamers usually have a delayed video, so it will take someone some time getting to where the streamer is. They can also increase that delay when leveling.

This is also assuming that the people who follow the streamer will literally spawn in their node on purpose. And how many of them will really do that?

What if a normal player clicks the wrong respawn option, and fucks up his game. It takes a single lapse in focus, and you'll find yourself across the world.

There's too many systems tied in to this, and I believe this needs to be flashed out more in order to work. How much time the devs will need to spend to make it work? Is it worth it?
  • Options
    KohlKohl Member
    and if this is only used for the first 10 levels only, then I'd say it's pointless to begin with.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Kohl

There are 103 nodes in the game. As nodes progress, they take over the nodes around them. So a metropolis will most likely have about 20 nodes under its ZOI. (As 5 metropolises, so 100/5 = 20)

Its reasonable to assume that every node will have a respawn point in it. So a metropolis, will have around 20 or so respawn points in and around it.

Since you have a 1/103 chance of respawning at a particular node, you have about a 1/5 (20/100=1/5) chance of respawning near a metropolis.

As for resources, when you die, you lose some of it. The remaining will come with you. However, since the inventory to carry resources is small, you won't be able to carry a significant amount of resources to the other node when you respawn there. This will prevent players from escaping the caravan system.

As for it taking too much time to get back to your original spot, REMEMBER, its NOT meant to be used as a regular respawn option. Its meant to be AN OPTION for low levels, that are getting spawn camped, to spawn elsewhere on the world and start questing. As they are low level, they wouldn't have made any connections with the nearby nodes anyways. So it won't matter to them

The regular option of respawning at a nearby node will still be available. So if you died in a metropolis, you will be respawned at a random respawn point in it, i.e in 1 out of the 20 respawn points under it. But if you are getting spawn camped, you have the option to spawn elsewhere on the map and continue questing. Its merely an option. Thats all.

First of all let me just apologize i was a beat heated when you came at me when i only said that such system could be exploited and for that i'm sorry.

Second i must admit i came from a place of bias i like PvP stuff like that and an all out war of lvl 5 players would be a wet dream for me because i have 100% certainty that the fans would fight the griefers.
    the way you said it right now with the solutions for the summon i think that it wouldn't be that much of a problem but i would still like to wait to know more about the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Kohl

You can abandon quests. So just abandon the one that you're on and start another one. As a new, low level, player, the few resources you gather will not matter much. You won't have a lot of it either, as most resources in the world will be contested by higher level players.

A long time will have to pass before the griefers are able to find the streamer again, which is exactly the point of this option. This gives the streamer a ton of time to level up and acquire better gear while the griefers are busy running, on foot, trying to catch him/her. It will completely remove the issue imo.

A lot. TRUST ME. A LOT. Way more than you think.

Easy to fix. When a player presses the button to respawn randomly, ask them if they are sure about it or not. If you accidentally press yes twice, then that's your problem.

The only major system tied into this is the family system. Right now, since the family system is not on a dual cd, players can kill each other to try to spawn near a metropolis that has dungeon/raid content. Read my discussion with @ownerofglory .

However, there is an easy fix for this. Just make it so that this option only appears when you are killed in PvP by non-party and non-guild members.

• Options
    Watch those wrist rockets!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Kohl

As for it taking too much time to get back to your original spot, REMEMBER, its NOT meant to be used as a regular respawn option. Its meant to be AN OPTION for low levels, that are getting spawn camped, to spawn elsewhere on the world and start questing. As they are low level, they wouldn't have made any connections with the nearby nodes anyways. So it won't matter to them

First of all let me just apologize i was a beat heated when you came at me when i only said that such system could be exploited and for that i'm sorry.

Second i must admit i came from a place of bias i like PvP stuff like that and an all out war of lvl 5 players would be a wet dream for me because i have 100% certainty that the fans would fight the griefers.
    the way you said it right now with the solutions for the summon i think that it wouldn't be that much of a problem but i would still like to wait to know more about the game.

Thankyou. I would like to apologize to you as well. I love all out, low level wars too. But dying constantly, and not being able to quest because of it, will get boring very quickly.