Moderation concerns

Is it normal for threads to be closed and comments shadow-deleted without a stated reason? I don't think I've done anything against the forum rules. It would be nice to know why certain threads are being closed or comments are being shadow-deleted, so that we know what can and cannot be discussed.

Also, I cannot figure out which moderator shadow-deleted my comment in this thread: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/46008/video-how-ashes-of-creation-family-summon-fast-travel-will-be-exploited-by-top-guilds#latest. I checked my inbox, and there is nothing there, and there is no indication of my post ever having existed other than my post count. Thanks.

Comments

• I did review those forum rules, and seriously none of them applied to my post. I made a comment to that thread around 5am server time that has been shadow-deleted by a mod, and it would be nice to know why so that I can avoid having my comments shadow-deleted in the future.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sorry, this was the point I was trying to make.
    "If you have any issues, comments, or concerns, reach out to a Moderator. If you have an issue with a Moderator, please reach out to the Head Moderator. If you have an issue with a Head Moderator, contact LieutenantToast, and we’ll get things resolved quickly."
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Sorry, this was the point I was trying to make.
    "If you have any issues, comments, or concerns, reach out to a Moderator. If you have an issue with a Moderator, please reach out to the Head Moderator. If you have an issue with a Head Moderator, contact LieutenantToast, and we’ll get things resolved quickly."

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I guess I will contact LieutenantToast about it, even though I don't know the specific moderator who shadow-deleted. Thanks.
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd like to also say that your name might be in violation of the last rule in the code of conduct. Though your name would have been shadow changed and not your comment so IDK
    E6qgOoi.png
  • SussurroSussurro Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Could be an issue with the forum. I've had innocuous comments disappear or edits simply not go through, this was in the early days of the forums so it may not be as prevalent now.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett, Reaper Man
  • nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    bigepeen wrote: »
    Is it normal for threads to be closed and comments shadow-deleted without a stated reason? I don't think I've done anything against the forum rules. It would be nice to know why certain threads are being closed or comments are being shadow-deleted, so that we know what can and cannot be discussed.

Also, I cannot figure out which moderator shadow-deleted my comment in this thread: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/46008/video-how-ashes-of-creation-family-summon-fast-travel-will-be-exploited-by-top-guilds#latest. I checked my inbox, and there is nothing there, and there is no indication of my post ever having existed other than my post count. Thanks.

Exactly what did you say? It is hard for us to say why your post was removed without knowing what you said. Were you rude? Aggressive? Did you use a word that may be fine in your country but taboo elsewhere? I have fallen foul of that on forums with English slang.

It could well be you name too, but I suspect they'd do more than remove a post for that.
  • nidriks wrote: »
    Exactly what did you say? It is hard for us to say why your post was removed without knowing what you said. Were you rude? Aggressive? Did you use a word that may be fine in your country but taboo elsewhere? I have fallen foul of that on forums with English slang.

It could well be you name too, but I suspect they'd do more than remove a post for that.

I just posted an opinion on the family summoning system. I didn't call anyone out or do anything aggressive of the sort. I think this is almost exactly what I wrote from what I can recall:
    Some guilds will be able to exploit family summoning no matter how long the cd is. This undermines the importance of in-game distance. For example, if we know that the majority of guild X is at location A, then they cannot be at location B within Y minutes. Family summoning nullifies this and essentially allows guilds to be in two places at once.
  • Hi there - it looks like I'm able to still see your comment in that thread here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/242893/#Comment_242893

There were several threads posted on the exact same topic featuring the exact same video, so they were closed and/or removed by our team accordingly (sometimes these threads are merged instead, based on their content). It appears as though perhaps you also left a comment on one of those other threads that was subsequently removed for being a duplicate.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out, but please feel free to DM me any further details you may have if you'd like us to investigate further!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.