Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Would Memorials Be Fitting? Or Would "Fresh-At-Zero" Be Best?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    I like the general idea :) In fact, I would like to see ruins of the destroyed node stay in the game, until it is eventually rebuilt, if that happens

They (Jeffrey) have already said that they have looked at that, and that ruins of a destroyed node staying until the next levelling of that node will not work for them. When asked about what mechanic will be in place they have mentioned that there might be something through the history function of the scribe profession. So at least they are thinking about some method of memorial.

Knew about the first part, but hadn't caught the second part anywhere. Am still watching through all of the interviews and Intrepid vids on YouTube. Just recently watched Asmongold's phone-interview with Steven, as well. They're all a wealth of insights into what the intended mechanics of the game are to be - and it seems right, for the next-generation of MMO evolution.

What a shame innovation has demanded the same styles of games be churned out for so long - and what shame that it has seemingly halted the advancement of creative and innovative game-systems and special mechanics, for so many years. I enjoy SWTOR (my long-time guild from SWG has been there since SWG shut down), but SWTOR's gameplay, gearing, raiding, and so many other systems are just clones of time-tested models for promoting max cash-flow as engineered in WoW - it's even got 2 of their 3 letters in it's acronym!

Am loving what I'm seeing, the more read-into it/watched-into-it we go, with Ashes! It'd be nice - but it doesn't have to be monuments; Yours truly is satisfied, with any system to remember our former cities with - either it be something in-game, or emulated-style on the forums. I'd simply more-greatly favor something in-game, as unique content.
  • Options
    If it was destroyed and then rebuilt then their would be no need for a memorial. If it was destroyed and the destroying faction built a new city of their own in its place then they would not likely memorialize the destroyed city of their foes. If the city was destroyed and nothing was rebuilt then perhaps a stela could be raised by the survivors to memorialize what once was. Otherwise, history shows memorials remain only as long as those who remember them.
  • Options
    You know it would be hilarious if they added in the lore that every race is so fixated on leaving behind their own history that they actively remove historical monuments and ruins from other races.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sathrago wrote: »
    You know it would be hilarious if they added in the lore that every race is so fixated on leaving behind their own history that they actively remove historical monuments and ruins from other races.
    That’s way too close to real life history though. :(

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    AndrewFrAndrewFr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »
    That’s way too close to real life history though. :(
    Yeah it hits a bit too close to home as an Anthropology student :'(