Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Stealth in Ashes MegaThread

124»

Comments

• Options
    Tyrantor wrote: »
    Are you able to elaborate on this? Do you know the travel time variable for stealth characters vs mounted?

To be fair, he said "safest", not "quickest".
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    TyrantorTyrantor Member
    edited December 2020
    daveywavey wrote: »

To be fair, he said "safest", not "quickest".

This is true, however I would really question how many people would prefer to travel in stealth for "safety" versus mounts for speed. If we're being fair and look at the big picture he presented which was in regards to the economic system of the game, I find it very unlikely that personal pack size is going to matter much in that regard. Considering he seems to be implying that rogues will be a meta for farming gold? It seems way out of place in general don't you think?

I would say that if the game/hunting grounds is so dangerous that players need stealth to travel and have to roll rogues to bank then the corruption system failed miserably lol.

Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Here we go again. People who obviosuly never play rogue and has died a lot to the class in previous games try to decide the outcome and just nukenerfing it before seeing how the current camouflage/stealth works ingame lmao. Why even have rogue at the point stealth is dogshit? absolutely ZER0 point going rogue without viable stealth. Its easy enough to spot rogues already expeccialy back in APOC.
    Izil.png
  • Options
    BlightEmpireBlightEmpire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have a hate and love relationship with stealth.

Love the possible large scale ganks you can set up depending on composition especially in ashe's you could have many people roll second spec to get stealth just to rush and kill a caravan for example. And there are lots of other times I've had stealth in other games save my ass from being killed. Archeage is a good example of stealth in there you are invisible but only so long as you hit the button it has a limit when it runs out you turn visible even if its just for a second you could be spotted. I feel this could be a decent enough solution if your vigilant you might spot your future ganker lol.

I hate stealth because it feels cheat like in a way. Lets say you get jumped but your the bigger fish they can possibly jump/teleport away a distance then use stealth and get away that I'm not a huge fan of, overall i think the best way to handle it is testing and see player feedback. For those who like stealth you wanna try to make it like they would want but. Other people also have a way they wanna play and might not entail OP stealth. One game had a system where you were in stealth long as you had mana. In another game i also heard the mechanic could be used where you would not unstealth if you had pots and could follow groups/people around stalking folks in a literal and metaphorical sense.

In summary I dunno lets see how they do it and offer critique after.
  • Options
    perseus01perseus01 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm guessing player collision will also remain unsolved when cloaking.... ;D

*I'm going back to F****** school and figuring this **** out* :D

*Honestly I think stealth classes alone should be able to pass through players unaffected and then like perhaps with some "Buffer" programming be forever unheeded by another player when coming out of stealth knocking out any collision bugs you know.*

Honestly I don't think that would be too hard. I've already seen this in other games. Collision-detection and totally seamless.