Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Blazing the Way - Mage Alpha One Preview

124»

Comments

• Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    rikardp98 wrote: »
    But I also think that just saying that criticism is okay but then continue to say that everything is fine since it's in alpha just seems weird to me.

Not as odd as the "I know it's alpha, stop reminding me, I just want to complain about something" that is basically what a good number of posters in these threads want them to be.

Fact is, the game is in alpha, the animations as we see them now are not going to end up in the game, give your feedback as to why you don't like them, know for a fact they will be changed and move on.

I would say it's more odd to not give feedback on something they have kind alpha. Yes it will be changed, but how it changes is up to de developers, but the developers can be influenced by the community and our feedback that we give.

I agree with you that just saying "the animations are bad" isn't good feedback, but I also think that saying that it's good enough for alpha is also not good feedback
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    I love the fact that feedback gets sloshed with tons of argumentative posts which waters down the feedback and probably causes the feedback to be lost in a rush of posts. I've given detailed feedback elsewhere and sometimes I paraphrase the feedback into bitesize chunks. I still believe the animations across the board have too many lifts, too static, too long winded and too flamboyant with no sense or purpose. I'm not against Animation Locks per say, but, the Animation Locks need not be 2 or 3 seconds for each move.

A caster will be massacred by a melee (Q Spam) in the current disposition. It is important to create balance between Melee and Ranged but locking Ranged into Long Animations isn't the way to go.

Edit: In some MMOs stuns last 3 seconds. I don't feel a massive urge to use skills equal to a stun. Can't cancel the move, can't animation cancel, can't utilise the full roster unless you're static. It equates to too much Lineage and not enough movement/combat flow.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    rikardp98 wrote: »

I would say it's more odd to not give feedback on something they have kind alpha.

I never said that people shouldn't.

I said that WHEN they give feedback, they should do so knowing those few objective facts we have talked about, and also that WHEN these threads exist, I and some others will ensure that the threads contain posts pointing those objective facts out for people that are not following the game as closely as some of us, but are reading the threads in question.

I'm not sure how many times I can say that same thing to you. I can't understand how you can read what I have been saying - both me actually saying it and me replying to the misguided complaints about it - and you still not get it through your head that I never once said people shouldn't give their feedback.
  • Options
    MushinMushin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    5S4RfCR.png
    Bunch of English majors in here with all that writing.
    Less is more
  • Options
    mushin wrote: »
    Less is more

This thread doesn't have any overly long posts.

If you aren't willing to read, why are you on a forum where the primary form of communication is text?
  • Options
    WhitneyHagasMatsumotoWhitneyHagasMatsumoto Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My view is as follows.

The animations that are currently available are in their very early stages of development.

It is of course important to give feedback on how we would like to see the finished product.

And there is nothing wrong with questioning the basic principles of animation in the first place.

However, it's no use arguing endlessly without the views of the staff at Intrepid Studios.

In conclusion, we've already done enough to raise the issue with Intrepid Studios by posting on this forum, so we'll just have to wait a while.👍️
  • Options
    Less is more

If you aren't willing to read, why are you on a forum where the primary form of communication is text?

well filling up the pages arguing without understanding each other isn't really helping is it.
  • Options
    Less is more

well filling up the pages arguing without understanding each other isn't really helping is it.

I'm not sure if you understand what you're saying.

People are not understanding other people, yet you want people to write less. That makes no sense.

In order to facilitate others understanding you better, you need to offer up more information on your poit. More information means more words. If you write less words, you are offering up less information, and thus are not going to be able to resolve the misunderstanding.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2021
    @Noaani
    I think the sentiment is more that a fluid debate or conversation is often full of interjection and interruption. Shorter, bite size posts with a single target allow greater room for these interjections and interruptions to occur (as opposed to a well rationalized monologue with multiple points that you take turns breaking down) and are generally more indicative of a cooperative conversation, and more welcoming to raw thoughts.

It's my observation that many people have disengaged from threads recently because the "debate" was driven toward semantics and proving egos. I encourage you to keep an eye out for this.

(where we're at right now in this thread is dangerously close to that place.)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    It's my observation that many people have disengaged from threads recently because the "debate" was driven toward semantics and proving egos. I encourage you to keep an eye out for this.
    For sure.

Thing is, if someone is going to take a thread in that direction, I'm not going to stop them.

Even in this thread, if you read it you will note that in almost every post in relation to people complaining about others pointing out that the game is still in alpha, I attempt to leave it in a way where people can simply carry on with the discussion at hand if they want to.

It isn't my fault if others aren't taking up my attempts to steer the thread back on topic.

Honestly - and this thread is proof of this in two ways - if people aren't interested in reading, they should just keep the fuck away from text based discussions. People literally have no place in such discussions if they are not willing to actually read. Give your opinion, fine. Don't get in to arguing against an opinion or a post that you haven't even read, because you just look like an actual idiot.

Again, case in point; this thread, where a specific poster is arguing against posts he hasn't even read and looks like an actual idiot because of it..
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's true it happens, let's move on.

Most comments on mage animations have been negative - and the mage animations came out a while ago, so I do understand your frustrations - almost like beating a dead horse.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    the mage animations came out a while ago

Indeed.

It's almost like people only expect Intrepid to show things when they have improved on literally every aspect of what is shown on screen since last time it was shown, yet those same people also beg Intrepid to show specific classes - like the mage - all the time.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Every time I see your name I cringe. Sorry for trying to make a joke, you must be a blast to hang out with. Now why did no one else get offended by my post hmmmm? You are constantly passive aggressive with other posters then go into full hostility calling people names, awesome. You could just not bother posting in threads you're not interested and let the thread die or just simply ignore it. But it seems you enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing. That tank thread could be your magnum opus. Now let's see if you could restrain yourself from responding. I'll probably leave the board because I have nothing to gain from interacting with you or seeing your post. I would put you on ignore but you're such a prolific poster. Have fun playing mental gymnastics with others, and I really hope I don't run into you in game.
  • Options
    You are constantly passive aggressive with other posters
    The passive part of that is a mistake, I can assure you.

That said, the structure of this post tells me that not only are you not keen on reading text, you aren't great at writing it either.

Also, if I had a magnum opus on these forums (the concept of which is laughable), it would be the combat tracker thread.
    Now let's see if you could restrain yourself from responding.
    Why? You have literally given me no reason not to reply.
  • Options
    Skills need to be changed and improved. At present, it's a bit bad. I feel like an animator has never played MMORPG, and MMORPG has been around for a long time. After you have a rich MMORPOG game experience, you will feel that these mistakes should not be made. Happened to myself.