Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The uncertain direction of animations

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    The animations themselves are long winded and animation locked. I do not mind an animation lock for some skills, there will be no animation cancelling though so every active skill will be a chore. You can animation lock while allowing movement. Animation lock and static abilities do not blend well together.

This right here summarizes my biggest concern with AoC. And if its true theres no animation cancelling thats a HUGE negative in terms of how the combat will feel. Especially if combined with all these god damned "float up into the air over-the-top animation cycles".

After playing WoW I cant go back to an MMO where the agency over my character and the responsiveness of skills and movement are worse. Blizzard really set the bar for me right from the get go 2004 with how exact their animations for movement and spells were. And the 3 friends i will be trying AoC with share these same feelings for what its worth.

• Options
    In my opinion, characters move too fast and their feet doesnt match the ground at all, I would reduce the speed by 10% minimum.
  • Options
    Marcet wrote: »
    In my opinion, characters move too fast and their feet doesnt match the ground at all, I would reduce the speed by 10% minimum.

Agree 100% with the feet not matching the ground thing. Characters look very "floaty" in their movements and appear to be 5-10cm above the ground.
    The game world is already gorgeous this early and will probably look amazing at launch. If they just manage to give the characters and the moment to moment gameplay in this world the same level of quality it will be amazing. But it seems very difficult in UE4. Many games using the same engine kinda look and feel the same. Many of them manage to create beautiful environments but animations and movement feel low-quality and kinda "budget".