Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Angel and demon racial skin

13»

Comments

• Options
    Shuiyn wrote: »
    agree with most of these comments but i will point out, there were only 275 ish leader of men packages sold? id guess there will be about 30 servers or so? and most of these guys will play on the same server so most likely you will have less than a 1% chance to run into one of these angels/demons, id love this to be at least level locked till max level but i really don't think it will be as bad as people think, also the voyager + packages/skins are popular but lets be honest how many people have 400$ to throw at some cosmetics, a vast majority of the game will not be using these from launch

Issue being is that there is entire slots on inventory associated ith these cosmetics, and having them release every month, for all the months of development, and lets be honest, after release, it's going to become very common, and probably cheaper. I can't count on both hands the amount of games that have pumped up the store further along development and release paths. It's never good for the game, only the developers coffers.
  • Options
    DreohDreoh Member
    Few resist the call of the coin.
  • Options
    RhuellRhuell Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I guess I'm a little confused. From what I understand, this will only be an "issue" at launch. And even then:

Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.[26]

Soon afterwards people will begin seeing in game variants of all of these (except maybe the teddy bear) shop cosmetic items.

There will be variants of the monthly cosmetics for NPCs and Mobs.[6][10]
    Component pieces of cosmetic armor may be reused in other in-game achievable gear sets.[6]
    Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures (Pets and Mounts) may exist in the wild.[11]

That's from the cosmetics page of the wiki.

As far as races go: I'm not sure if the racial skin changes base stats, racial augments, or racial node influence. Unless we already have the answer to this, we should ask this question at the next Q&A.

That being said, they clearly plan on expanding the quantity of racial skins.

There are plans to create other racial skins.[38]

Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.[39]

I personally think the addition of racial skins with a lore/ quest based reason for their existence, and additional racial augments to accompany them sounds fun.

So, I don't believe any of this will be immersion or lore breaking stuff.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Khronus wrote: »
    Unfortunately I joined last July. Those skins are making me jealous AF.

I really doubt they won't put some version of this on cash shop for big $. Too big a cash making opportunity. Have faith in capitalism on this one :3
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Some people like it, I prefer a little more verisimilitude, but it never stopped me from playing tera.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ibsdgiaybg99mr35ynh2bhiat5hgfbo9136nbeie&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ibsdgiaybg99mr35ynh2bhiat5hgfbo9136nbeie&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I've been following the game for a while and I'm just finding out about "racial skins", I'm definitely not a fan of the idea. It just makes the races seem less important if you can just change it whenever you want. Clearly the races are significant components to the world both in terms of lore and game mechanics (racial armor differences, node architecture styles) it's a very strange decision that frankly seems like nothing more than a way to put more cosmetics in the cash shop. A lot of good discussion in this thread and I don't have much to add to it other than none of this would be a problem if they gave us the option to toggle off cosmetics.