Bounty Hunters, Pathfinding v RngrTrack, and Saboteurs

Comments

• Kivek RhuKhanKivek RhuKhan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    tenor.gif?itemid=5232669
    you cant escape the mushroom kids
  • MikasaMikasa Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Red players won't be nearly as common as you are hoping or anywhere near as viable as you think.
    Start here.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

I think they will be far more common than you think.
  • MikasaMikasa Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    I can tell you that I dont give 2 shits about going red and then penalties for killing 1 player are incredibly negligible.

Lets see what you do against an entire massive guild like mine with 600-800 members that will live the red life.

I'd love to see you dare to get close to us, your safety in numbers in your "community" will mean nothing. I promise you that. Absolutely cannot wait to drink the salty tears when greenies lose their biggest advantage "numbers" lmao
    tenor.gif?itemid=12794028
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited April 2021
    Mikasa wrote: »
    I can tell you that I dont give 2 shits about going red and then penalties for killing 1 player are incredibly negligible.

Lets see what you do against an entire massive guild like mine with 600-800 members that will live the red life.

I'd love to see you dare to get close to us, your safety in numbers in your "community" will mean nothing. I promise you that. Absolutely cannot wait to drink the salty tears when greenies lose their biggest advantage "numbers" lmao

Except guilds will be an average of 50 players. If you spec your guild into increasing your size, you'll miss out on buffs and other skills that smaller guilds will get. At max size, it appears guilds will be around 300.

And yeah, you can try to PK with power in numbers, but once you are corrupt, any group of high max level players, with guild buffs, and not corrupt, will be able to kill your debuffed ass easily.

However against bounty hunters, said debuffs don't apply. Therefore if you're a mob, revenge will most likely be from regular green players (who don't have to be lowe level noobs. They can be max level raiders with guilds and alliances).

And when they do take you out, say goodbye to a lot of your gear. Gonna be hard killing anyone if you don't have your weapons to do so with. Oh and you can't enter any town cause guards will wreck your shit on sight.

With that said, if you and Kivek wanna roleplay edgelord PKers from second phase WoW, you can absolutely do so. The game allows for it, even if with consequences, and it'll be up to other players on your server to band together against you.

Certainly makes for a good story in your own server's microcosm.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    imagine an entire guild of reds who are stat nerfed and your guild can come in and farm them like mobs for their items. Glorious!

I wonder how long it will take for reality to set in.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2021
    Kiv3k wrote: »
    They need to utilize this subclass system harder not too confident about this at all atm their class system seems pretty garbage. track is a waste of bar space. I wouldn't be surprised if this flops harder than bless online.
    That video is the very first playable demo from 4 years ago. It demos the very first iteration of Tracking.
    This is why Steven says we must remind people that what they can see now is Pre-Alpha.
    And that was Pre-Alpha from four years ago.

What we know about Tracking right now is likely about 5% of what it will actually be at launch.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am a red player and I want to pk bounty hunters and since they can reveal me and my stats are nerfed I want to be able to loot their shit.

well tough luck that's not a thing
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    edited April 2021
    giphy.gif

Look I really just want to know what is for dinner ok:

Invitation to Dinner with the Development Team (During the launch party weekend in Las Vegas).[5]

Games in Alpha all kinds of things can change according to other people in the thread.

You can't just click a dude do a quest get to see where people are and expect to take their loot without losing your own loot what are you afraid of losing your stuff?

Wait let me go back a page and use this logic someone else used.

edited April 2021
    maouw wrote: »
    imagine an entire guild of reds who are stat nerfed and your guild can come in and farm them like mobs for their items. Glorious!

I wonder how long it will take for reality to set in.

That sounds like fun and a lot of good times pvping that same guild might come ransack your city without stat nerfs when they get hired by your enemies, or just for fun.

tenor.gif?itemid=14046382
    Asgerr wrote: »

Except guilds will be an average of 50 players. If you spec your guild into increasing your size, you'll miss out on buffs and other skills that smaller guilds will get. At max size, it appears guilds will be around 300.

And yeah, you can try to PK with power in numbers, but once you are corrupt, any group of high max level players, with guild buffs, and not corrupt, will be able to kill your debuffed ass easily.

However against bounty hunters, said debuffs don't apply. Therefore if you're a mob, revenge will most likely be from regular green players (who don't have to be lowe level noobs. They can be max level raiders with guilds and alliances).

And when they do take you out, say goodbye to a lot of your gear. Gonna be hard killing anyone if you don't have your weapons to do so with. Oh and you can't enter any town cause guards will wreck your shit on sight.

With that said, if you and Kivek wanna roleplay edgelord PKers from second phase WoW, you can absolutely do so. The game allows for it, even if with consequences, and it'll be up to other players on your server to band together against you.

tenor.gif?itemid=13573434

this is the matrix bruh
  • Kiv3k wrote: »

this is the matrix bruh

Trust me, you're not NEO.
    Sig-ult-2.png
    edited April 2021

this is the matrix bruh

Excuse me? I identify as a woman and my name is trinity.

The gif was reference to the millions of guns in regards to losing weapons. and this thread is about track I'm watching you Mr. I invite you to be my cabin boy click the link under my signature to interview and tell me your skills.

this is the matrix bruh

Excuse me? I identify as a woman and my name is trinity.

The gif was reference to the millions of guns in regards to losing weapons. and this thread is about track I'm watching you Mr. I invite you to be my cabin boy click the link under my signature to interview and tell me your skills.

I'm sorry, I don't do cringe
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Speaking of Rangers and of sieges...

Stephen has mentioned how a node might lose key buildings during a siege due to attacks and bombs. The 'attacks', I assume, are from siege engines. But the 'bombs' I have not seen much discussion about. They could be things which need to be snuck into the node during the fight, placed inside the key building, and then detonated to weaken the defending forces. You have probably seen that animation of the character scaling the walls of a city and fighting the archers?

Normally in siege fights the defenders man the walls facing the attacking forces, occasionally attacking the attackers. Now they may have to actively watch all 360 degrees of the walls to protect against infiltrators. They may have to post guards, players or NPCs, at key buildings.

Will there be a crafting sub_skill to learn to make these bombs?
    edited April 2021
    tautau wrote: »

Stephen has mentioned how a node might lose key buildings during a siege due to attacks and bombs. The 'attacks', I assume, are from siege engines. But the 'bombs' I have not seen much discussion about. They could be things which need to be snuck into the node during the fight, placed inside the key building, and then detonated to weaken the defending forces. You have probably seen that animation of the character scaling the walls of a city and fighting the archers?

Normally in siege fights the defenders man the walls facing the attacking forces, occasionally attacking the attackers. Now they may have to actively watch all 360 degrees of the walls to protect against infiltrators. They may have to post guards, players or NPCs, at key buildings.

Let me change the thread title for you summon asgerr to answer the questions, where be the blood prophet!

Would you like the thread title to read something different?
    Asgerr i need a good movie on Netflix or amazon suggestions?
  • BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I miss my bounty hunter disc from Shadowbane
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold. Hammers High!
    y139ot6w1eku.png
    Barab wrote: »
    I miss my bounty hunter disc from Shadowbane

this dude is a boss

Sound of metal - on Amazon prime I believe
    Sig-ult-2.png
    edited April 2021

Sound of metal - on Amazon prime I believe

I'll check it out stowaway first
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

This is a good question. No idea yet they haven't said much about crafting but I hope so.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.

Let me change the thread title for you summon asgerr to answer the questions, where be the blood prophet!

Would you like the thread title to read something different?

Title change got me for a minute.
    At work slacking for a minute before lunch.
    Sieges I think will be good fun for both sides having to worry about all angles and infiltrators mucking up the place. Scaling walls sowing seeds of destruction and Chaos. Very excited about this feature love big chaotic battles
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.

Depends on what you like
    I enjoyed Altered Carbon. The show is different from the books. It is on Netflix.
    Signed up for HBOmax on Friday to watch Mortal Kombat. I'd give it 7/10. I have sat through far worse.
    edited April 2021
    What risks do bounty hunters take, it looks like it is all reward? I think bounty hunters should have some risk as it is a key feature of ashes as stated on the homepage:

"Key Features

Risk Vs Reward
    All across Verra, you have the opportunity to experience massive warfare, participate in epic trade caravans, and gather valuable components to craft exquisite items. Not only will your fellow players be your adversaries; the creatures of the land and the very environment itself will pose a constant and fresh challenge. Will you siege castles to become royalty, defeat other guilds to showcase your prowess, shape the marketplace by being a successful trader, or earn renown by developing your artisan crafting skills? This is your story, you tell us!"
  • @Kiv3k

Read through a bit of the thread, in regards to bounty hunters risk they risk wasting their time if they go out looking for reds and gear and come up with nothing. I'm sure they will still need a to be within a certain range for their ability to work, and the world is going to be massive.

Personally the dream for me is it's unnecessary to go red often because the majority of the player base is ready and willing to PvP and to flag back if you attack them. Hopefully guilds won't stand there like goofballs as you all openly flag on them waiting for them to do something. With the death incentives being reduced for dying as a flagged combatant it seems to me that the devs would rather see people PvPing. Personally it's going to be impossible for me to be PKed because I would rather just fight and win/lose and at worst take a small penalty and move on with my life even if it's 10 people jumping me. I'd rather just have people flag back and have good fights.

Also have you seen The Departed? That's on netflix still I believe.
    Bricktop wrote: »
    @Kiv3k

Read through a bit of the thread, in regards to bounty hunters risk they risk wasting their time if they go out looking for reds and gear and come up with nothing. I'm sure they will still need a to be within a certain range for their ability to work, and the world is going to be massive.

Personally the dream for me is it's unnecessary to go red often because the majority of the player base is ready and willing to PvP and to flag back if you attack them. Hopefully guilds won't stand there like goofballs as you all openly flag on them waiting for them to do something. With the death incentives being reduced for dying as a flagged combatant it seems to me that the devs would rather see people PvPing. Personally it's going to be impossible for me to be PKed because I would rather just fight and win/lose and at worst take a small penalty and move on with my life even if it's 10 people jumping me. I'd rather just have people flag back and have good fights.

Also have you seen The Departed? That's on netflix still I believe.

that is a good movie I just hit up chicago 7.

I think people not fighting will be more common than you anticipate flag systems are funny like that as its a way for someone to punish you for pvping.

I do disagree as time being a wasted factor for BH when they simply click a button and get your location tho the range is not determined I'm certain it will be large enough to find people.

Time will tell alpha is soon I imagine people will be more inclined to fight in alpha, than live especially when they are trying to hoard those precious tree stumps.
    What risks do bounty hunters take, it looks like it is all reward? I think bounty hunters should have some risk as it is a key feature of ashes as stated on the homepage:

"Key Features

Risk Vs Reward
    All across Verra, you have the opportunity to experience massive warfare, participate in epic trade caravans, and gather valuable components to craft exquisite items. Not only will your fellow players be your adversaries; the creatures of the land and the very environment itself will pose a constant and fresh challenge. Will you siege castles to become royalty, defeat other guilds to showcase your prowess, shape the marketplace by being a successful trader, or earn renown by developing your artisan crafting skills? This is your story, you tell us!"

The risk they have is that they're going into PvP where they might not win.

Losing means death penalty. Admittedly, the penalty for death is a bit lighter if you're flagged as combatant, which they always are to corrupt players. Upon death they will experience the following:
    • Experience debt (negative experience).
    • Skill and stat dampening.
    • Lower health and mana.
    • Lower gear proficiency.
    • Reduction in drop rates from monsters.
    • Durability loss.

These are to a lower degree than a non combattant would receive upon death.

A corrupt player does not have his PvP skills and stats dampened during a fight with a bounty hunter, only against non combatants.

Also, it is supposed to be a reward for bounty hunter, for essentially policing the world against corrupt players. The idea is to never to make it fun for you to be a corrupt player. One way to do so is to give those who hunt you all the reasons to do so with fewer drawbacks.

As always, you're free to play PvP in a variety of modes, and against flagged combatants. Killing non combatants is what gets you hunted and debuffed until you either log out or die enough times to remove your corruption.

So there risk for the reward. It's just that the rewards are greater. No one ever said the two had to be equal.
    Sig-ult-2.png

"Key Features

Risk Vs Reward

Losing means death penalty. Admittedly, the penalty for death is a bit lighter if you're flagged as combatant, which they always are to corrupt players. Upon death they will experience the following:
    • Lower health and mana.
    • Durability loss.

A corrupt player does not have his PvP skills and stats dampened during a fight with a bounty hunter, only against non combatants.

Also, it is supposed to be a reward for bounty hunter, for essentially policing the world against corrupt players. The idea is to never to make it fun for you to be a corrupt player. One way to do so is to give those who hunt you all the reasons to do so with fewer drawbacks.

As always, you're free to play PvP in a variety of modes, and against flagged combatants. Killing non combatants is what gets you hunted and debuffed until you either log out or die enough times to remove your corruption.

So there risk for the reward. It's just that the rewards are greater. No one ever said the two had to be equal.

You are a treasure trove of information, I like that my stats aren't nerfed what is my reward for killing bounty hunters?

"Key Features

Risk Vs Reward

• Lower health and mana.
    • Durability loss.

You are a treasure trove of information, I like that my stats aren't nerfed what is my reward for killing bounty hunters?

It seems that currently there are none. Although it may be possible to interpret the information as you being able to loot a small fraction of materials (no completed goods such as gear or weapons) from their pile of ashes.
    Sig-ult-2.png