Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Discussion] Community

124»

Comments

• Options
    D3ATHSPARKD3ATHSPARK Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Big Banana wrote: »
    I can relate about community being a major part of the gaming experience and I believe it still is. I also remember playing WoW when it was first out as well as Runescape. Back then MMOs were so new and exciting. There was a real feel of adventure and there wasn't a guide to every quest, how to level up quickly, or get gold fast. The same applied to me for MapleStory since I really stuck around because of how awesome the community was and how helpful players would be. You'll always have people who try to take advantage of things. With the way Ashes is set up I believe it will be much easier to focus on building friendships and alliances to get things done since the world will be constantly changing on every server and there won't be a way to just Wiki all the quests because not every server will have access to all of them based on how Nodes develop. Same will apply with resources, dungeons, etc. This should really shape for a better community in general since it will take effort and teamwork to truely move forward with characters and the environment.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for. Steven is a smart guy and it seems he is battling the areas where toxicity can be present. Even the "Meta" game is going to be different here given how things unlock.
    ForumsBanner.png

• Options
    Karatos wrote: »
    Just read this conversation, the empirical evidence is present. I never had a conversation with this guy in my life prior to this thread and he's been steep in conjecture and fallacious rhetoric about how he views people.

It's just you clowns.
    ForumsBanner.png

• Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    D3ATHSPARK wrote: »
    Just read this conversation, the empirical evidence is present. I never had a conversation with this guy in my life prior to this thread and he's been steep in conjecture and fallacious rhetoric about how he views people.

It's just you clowns.

Again, I don't know you. Nor do I care. The only thing I see here is you're some narcissist on the internet who lumps a whole group of people together for saying you type slow, that's your business. Own it. Your fallacious reasoning for why you hate a whole crew is for you to sort out.

It would help that you didn't act like a man-child and throw a fit, make some BS up without any empirical evidence. It just makes you out to be a liar.
  • Options

It's just you clowns.

Again, I don't know you. Nor do I care. The only thing I see here is you're some narcissist on the internet who lumps a whole group of people together for saying you type slow, that's your business. Own it. Your fallacious reasoning for why you hate a whole crew is for you to sort out.

It would help that you didn't act like a man-child and throw a fit, make some BS up without any empirical evidence. It just makes you out to be a liar.

The fact that you can sit there and believe it's over something as petty as that is just sad. It just shows your low level of intelligence honestly. I could honestly care less what you or anyone else thinks. I know what happened and that word will continue to spread.
    ForumsBanner.png

• Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

It's just you clowns.

The fact that you can sit there and believe it's over something as petty as that is just sad. It just shows your low level of intelligence honestly. I could honestly care less what you or anyone else thinks. I know what happened and that word will continue to spread.

Your fallaciousness will undo you. Good luck.
  • Options
    ElleandriaElleandria Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is coming from the toxic individual that blocked an entire guild on discord because he got meme'd on for typing forever xD We meme on Steven for typing forever and its not toxic man, its a joke. And I know plenty of old school MMORPG-ers that don't think the community is "toxic" at all, your subjective opinion on what is toxic and what isn't toxic is very different from the rest of the community and with you making asinine comments saying an entire guild is toxic when you really just got sad from some words only makes the situation worse.

You don't even have the whole story yet you're running your mouth. I could care less what a bunch of kids say to me, or how you put it "meme" on me. I have incredibly thick skin and don't take a single thing to heart. Sure I blocked a few so I didn't have to read juvenile comments but that is not how Enveus got blacklisted. That happened when they got butthurt over me blocking them and they decided to join my Discord and attempted to sabotage my guild. Any guild that uses a mob mentality to do something like that earns a global blacklist imo. So you're guilty by association. Maybe understand who your GM is before trying to defend such toxic people.

Its funny how you say i don't know the whole story when i was apart of said story xD lol you got butthurt because someone called you out about how slow you type....Do you understand how childish and thin skinned that makes you? Everyone gets "memed" on, even inside of each community because that's how we act, we all know we're f**king with each other, therefore no one gets offended. You got butthurt because someone said something about you while you were crying in the aoc-guild-chat channel, it really shows your level of maturity when you get so mad that you block an entire guild on discord and then proceed to talk shit to them as if they care about your opinion, the entire time just because you got butthurt over some words, you have a very childish and naive mentality of the world if you think screwing with someone is "toxic" solely because your weak mind cannot take it. Go play roblox or minecraft if you want a community that is not "toxic" in your eyes because you would need essentially a padded room for your egotistical world to exist where everyone is forced to never speak ill of you again. I love how you say Enveus is the issue when, in-fact, you have been the issue all along. The amount of people shitting on your existence should be evidence enough of that when you call people toxic for hurting your wittle feeling kiddo. Maybe one day when you grow up and understand how the real world works you'll understand that its not all rainbows and unicorns like you want it to be, people have free will and the freedom to speak their mind, whether it offends people like you or not.
  • Options
    ElleandriaElleandria Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Well no. Your wrong. You might not specifically consent to fight that person but every time you go somewheres were PvP is a possibility you are by default consenting to it.
    If we were default consenting to PvP combat by hitting Launch, we would be combatants by default.
    And, there would be no penalty for killing non-combatants because there would be no such thing as non-combatants.
    Facts are facts. So, I am not wrong. Deterrent for griefing is the same as reducing toxicity. Which is my point.

It is true that if you choose to participate in a Siege, Caravan or other type of battlegrounds, that is consent.
    Ashes is PvX. We agree.

Except the corruption system no matter how harsh will never stop griefing because that is a legitimate strategy in the game and always will be. Myself personally i will have NUMEROUS characters jus to grief and become heavily corrupted on and then log off in a village and every so often work the corruption off with time, i wont care if i die on said character or even lose all of its gear because it will be mid-grade gear but still good enough to slap in PvP because i play at a very competitive level. If you think griefing=toxicity then you need to find another game genre to play buddy because where there is open-world pvp there will always be griefing, if griefing didn't exist then there would be no point to open-world pvp, you would have "outer lands" type zones where pvp is enabled and people can fight each other but that is neither realistic nor enjoyable.