Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Payment

AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
well its not realy a suggestion more a shout out of hope and thougts.

I hope that the game will have other ways to do payments to the subrciption and skin shop than only credit card or paypal.
in german we also use paysafecard a lot and i know many players that doent even have a credit card. its not as in usa where about everyone has multiple cards, in switzerland and germany most doesnt have one since we use maestro cards or bank owned cards to do payment or shopping or even have options to pay via bankaccount or bill.

so i hope that at least paysafecard will make it in the list of payments

for those unamiliar with paysafecard you buy a paysafecard card at a kiosk or elsewhere for a fixed price and that is then the money you can use online to do payments or upload it to your paysafecard account and pay from there. its simple and easy and doesnt have the fee like a creditcard do. its also a prepaid system.

https://paysafecard.com/en-us/

if not familiar see the link its allredy set to USA

regards Asraiel

Comments

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Out of curiosity, can you store your paysafecard to a PayPal account (wallet)?
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, can you store your paysafecard to a PayPal account (wallet)?

Paysafecard also allows you to creat a account on paysafecard where u can load in your bougth codes in
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    "Paysafecard" is the most German name for a payment system I've ever heard.

Except for "StrudelPayMoneyMeister"
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »

:D

well i guess they would have choosen Paysafe instead but that is something diffrrent and as you did go to the news paper stand an bought such a card (was like a cellphone prepaid card in past). nowadays its just a bit of paper and accounts also can be charged via creditcard.

tecnicly the account on paysafecard accts like a virtual wallet but its not needed to do payment you can use paysafecards without a account all that is needed is the 16 digit code that you have to type in and from there is the money taken to pay exaple:

u buy 100$ card and pay 64.99 with it you still have 35.01$ left on the card its not printed on you have to remeber or writhe it down. now with that card you want to buy something for 40$ after typing the code it the system will tell you that theres money missing and to type in a additional 16 digit code. once enouth money in for the payment it will do the payment and depleating the cards in order so the 1st card is now at 0.00$ while from the 2nd card only 4.99 $ was used

and i didnt came across a limitation on how many codes to enter. the account just makes it all easyer

i dont know the origin of the paysafecard but i also guess its from gemany since my country did adapt it later, but now you can even buy codes at trainstation ticket automats.

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    The problem wit things like this (from Intrepids point of view) is that there are dozens - or even hundreds - of such services around the world that players would want supported.

It is probably easier to try and find a service that offers temporary credit cards rather than temporary wallets, as this doesn't require specific vendor support.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Noaani wrote: »
    The problem wit things like this (from Intrepids point of view) is that there are dozens - or even hundreds - of such services around the world that players would want supported.

It is probably easier to try and find a service that offers temporary credit cards rather than temporary wallets, as this doesn't require specific vendor support.

well a we have a forum and discord why not list a few and make a vote to see which one are the most popular ones. but with the consideration that besides creditcard services theres also some that doesnt need a credit card and are supported in many countrys and are safe for the seller and the buyer. such a topic may be best made and started by the devs and forum moderatior itself to get the most attention.

i know paysafecard is new in america it did also take time in eu to spred out of germany but now it wiedly spred in eu. in usa i may only be partly "since usa generaly uses creditcards" besides cash a s way of payment. in eu maestro card it problaby one of the most used cards but there are also other cards in use or payment wia cellphone over twint for example. china market has their own wiedly use payment system here the top 2 cellphone payment systems:
    AliPay
    WeChat Pay (and QQ Wallet)
    so those might be in the list for the asia or china market
  • Options
    but as stores gets devlopet there migt be diffrent region stores that depending on the continent or country offers diffrent payment (may even have a diffrence in priceing)
  • Options
    EmanuEmanu Member
    edited December 2022
    Please make it possible to pay directly with the EU system of Swish payments. Its a common thing in nordic countries to use to not reveal personal information and credit card information

This is both a safer option for you and us as customers in case some one hacks your credit card database
    Avid gamer and charity streamer. looking forward to stream ashes of creation alpha two for my charity hobby.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Frykman wrote: »
    Please make it possible to pay directly with the EU system of Swish payments. Its a common thing in nordic countries to use to not reveal personal information and credit card information

This is both a safer option for you and us as customers in case some one hacks your credit card database

It might not be in Intrepid's best interest to allow for anonymous payments. Because that makes it easier for someone to return after they've been banned.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

It might not be in Intrepid's best interest to allow for anonymous payments. Because that makes it easier for someone to return after they've been banned.

Ever heard of hardware ban?

Avid gamer and charity streamer. looking forward to stream ashes of creation alpha two for my charity hobby.
  • Options
    EmanuEmanu Member
    edited December 2022
    There no real difference between paysafecard and swish just that paysafecards not avaible so much here
  • Options
    EmanuEmanu Member
    edited December 2022
    For the oblivious https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swish_(payment) You simply cant get a second swish account, a hacker wont stop even if you ban his credit card info, my identity got stolen several times hence i dont use cards on the net anymore
  • Options
    BotagarBotagar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Local payments are a thing that totally should happen and isn't as hard as some people think (for a business with a decent development team).
    There are a few backend platforms that specialize in EU/Asian payments facilitation and they support many different types of payment systems you'll encounter. You are however paying for that platforms services. Would recommend though as these platforms deal with all the legal/privacy issues of that region as well and can help with fraud detection and mitigation.
  • Options

Hardware bans are essentially non-effective.

Anyone that has a hardware ban placed on them and isn't able to access the service simply isn't trying.

Now, one could say the same about a credit card ban, but the idea is to ban both - it doubles the barrier to reentry.
  • Options
    EmanuEmanu Member
    edited December 2022

Anyone that has a hardware ban placed on them and isn't able to access the service simply isn't trying.

Now, one could say the same about a credit card ban, but the idea is to ban both - it doubles the barrier to reentry.

Unless you use anticheat codes its impossible to stop a hacker, no way im giving out my card info again to loose a months salary.Its strange how private servers deal with this better
  • Options

Unless you use anticheat codes its impossible to stop a hacker, no way im giving out my card info again to loose a months salary.Its strange how private servers deal with this better

I'm completely unsure what this has to do with anything.

Why are you losing a months salary by giving out your credit card info? Why aren't you using temporary credit cards if that is a serious concern you have? What do anticheat codes hate to do with hackers?

Private servers are able to get away with a lot - since for the most part they are already operating illegally. it's somewhat amazing how many laws an organization that is already operating illegally are able to break - but it also isn't all that much of a surprise.

Asa comment, that last part was kind of like being in a situation where you are having trouble finding a vehicle, and then exclaiming that you find it funny that the guy that just robbed a bank had no issues finding the car they just stole to get away.
  • Options
    Since temporary credit cards give out personal adress and all. It doesnt work here like rest of world we dont use credit card to pay online, No one wants to give out their bankid. GL with trying to prevent hackers since using fake identity is easy as heck. I wont be playing this game if i risk identity tefth wich is common by blackmailing hackers but companies dont speak of
  • Options
    And no private servers dont operate illegaly if they dont profit from their servers
  • Options
    If they cant stop hackers without needing my bank id how on earth are they going to stop a anonymous hacker from accessing their accounting and get my personal information?
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »

Not really we use similar cards in nordic countries
  • Options
    Its just that in nordic countries we use swish
  • Options
    Since temporary credit cards give out personal adress and all.
    I mean, Swish has all of that information - as well as your phone number, personnummer, and requires you to have two different apps on your phone (which are all being tracked).

Just saying... you want privacy, yet have given away far more data than a credit card is after.

Also, when you make a purchase with Intrepid, you aren't giving Intrepid your credit card details. Intrepid use Stripe to process their transactions (iirc), a company with 8,000 employees dedicated to facilitating online purchases, and a yearly revenue of over US$10 billion.
  • Options
    And no private servers dont operate illegaly if they dont profit from their servers

This is like saying music piracy isn't illegal if you don't profit from it. It is clearly an incorrect understanding of the situation.

Private servers are using software (the server software) that they do not have permission to use. It often isn't in a developers best interest to go after private servers - but that doesn't make it legal.
  • Options
    Botagar wrote: »
    Local payments are a thing that totally should happen and isn't as hard as some people think (for a business with a decent development team).
    There are a few backend platforms that specialize in EU/Asian payments facilitation and they support many different types of payment systems you'll encounter. You are however paying for that platforms services. Would recommend though as these platforms deal with all the legal/privacy issues of that region as well and can help with fraud detection and mitigation.

I wouldnt mind pay extra for the service, Money isnt really an issue for me personally here
  • Options
    Botagar wrote: »

I wouldnt mind pay extra for the service, Money isnt really an issue for me personally here

Swish doesn't allow Intrepid to charge you extra. It costs them, but they literally can't make that cost up in any way at all.
  • Options
    Well then they get no money at all from many of us
  • Options
    Last time i used my credit card to buy alpha2 at inteprid studios i got my card compromised
  • Options
    Last time i used my credit card to buy alpha2 at inteprid studios i got my card compromised

There are two really common ways a credit card is compromised. The second most common is by someone simply using the numbers on it. All it takes is for someone to write down a name and 23 digits. if your card was unattended long enough for someone to simply write down that name and those numbers, your card is compromised.

The most common way a credit card is compromised though, is that the user regrets a purchase and claims the card was compomised.

It is simply not plausible that your card was compromised from using it to buy anything from Intrepid. In order for it to be compromised from such a purchase, someone would have had to access Stripe to get that information.

Now, Stripes clients - among many others - include Ford and Spotify. If someone had access to your credit card due to your purchase with Intrepid, then they also had access to literally every credit card used to subscribe to Spotify.

If your cards details were compromised in this manner, Stripe have a legal obligation (as in, jail time if they do not) to inform their customers that their database has been compromised.

Since no such announcement has been made, you can be assured that their database has not been compromised in that manner.

Again, Intrepid are not getting your credit card details when you make a purchase with them.
  • Options
    Sorry it doesnt work like that here like simply writing down my credit card number, For someone to use my banks credit card they need my personal information such as social security number, name, adress verified by bank id directly through the payment. Someone has read this info that no one but me or authorities know unless its registered somewhere else but i havent used my bank id or social security number other than inteprid sudtios and authorities. And authorities dont have my bank account number
  • Options
    Im not asking for refund of alpha2 im just saying im not risking giving out another credit card information again