Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Max camera distance suggestion

13»

Comments

• Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited August 2022
    This isn't a shooter game where a 3rd person camera makes the game stupid because you can camp corners without showing yourself, this is an RPG with a minimap that will (hopefully) show enemy position if you're not invisible and inside FoW.

Forcing zoomed in gameplay is stupid, surely Steven won't allow such stupidity.

I hope that the max zoomed out camera is positioned about ~7 meters high if characters are ~2 meters high on average (sorry dwarves).
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    PenguinPaladinPenguinPaladin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I perfer to be zoomed out. As the combat is a hybird system, zooming out will be important for tab targeting and ally tracking.

If you perfer zoomed in. You have that option available to you. Im glad you get to have your option available to you. I would still like my option available to me. If you perceive being zoomed out as a tactical advantage, then surely there will be moments and situations where you would zoom out.....

I would rather be forced into first person over zoomed in thrid person. But i would also rather be able to see my character in general, over either of those options.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Leiloni wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    It's a little bit wonky in Alpha One.
    There are times when I end up zoomed out way more than I want... but it's so trivial I don't even remember what causes that.
    It's easy enough to zoom in and it stays like that most of the time.
    A minor tweak to camera zoom would be nice. But, it's far from a deal breaker.

Proper in game settings can easily control zoom and other things. Here's what SWTOR has and you can lock how far you're able to zoom if you want.

9edndmaebcyi.png
    LMAO
    I guess because this is a Necro, you thought the controls available in the release of SWOTOR was relevant to feedback I gave last year about wonky controls in an Alpha 1 build?