Please change the appearance of the Dwarfs

Comments

• Shergrim wrote: »
    Gnimgor wrote: »
    Also hoping they make the dwarves more stereotypical in appearance (or give us the option to do so using sliders). Fingers crossed for the voice acting, I was never a fan of the American accented dwarves on Dragon Age, a dwarf should definitely have the right accent! :)
    hail grombrindal! i'd prefer the northern english accent of the dawi but i'm not too bothered by the voice , it's mostly the appearance for me :p

Hail mate! I agree on the accent but I'm from that neck of the woods so I'm a bit biased haha. Also definitely agree the appearance is more important overall, including the animations. If I can make a stout chonk of a Dunir dwarf with a majestic beard I'll be sold :p
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Make dwarves have more Scottish accent. I personally like the wow accents xD
  • I liked the dwarf in the Avengers movie. He was actually bigger than Thor was, but kept the traditional dwarf-like dimensions.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Conrad wrote: »

I'd also be stoked with this as well :) even though WoW has its faults, I think they did their dwarves well across the board, as in appearance/animations/voice.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited August 2021
    I read Salvatore before I read Tolkien, so my first encounter with dwarves was Bruenor. My vision of a dwarf has been established accordingly.

This particular piece of art is from Larry Elmore. I have a signed copy framed in my office.

TSR-CRYSTAL-SHARD.jpg
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Mangust747Mangust747 Member
    edited August 2021
    I wanted to insert a picture of Gimli here, but I have no idea how to insert a picture here
    Gnimgor wrote: »
    Conrad wrote: »

I'd also be stoked with this as well :) even though WoW has its faults, I think they did their dwarves well across the board, as in appearance/animations/voice.

Agreed. Hence why dwarf warrior is always my first main. Be it retail or in classic. Always the best of dwarves in games
  • Mangust747 wrote: »
    I wanted to insert a picture of Gimli here, but I have no idea how to insert a picture here

unknown.png

after selecting in your message where you wish to put the image click the highlighted button, enter the link to the image or gif you want to show, and it should automatically place it on the page.

Alternatively you can use [img][/img ]
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2021
    xSifUzP.jpg

nathalie-kranich-legolasandgimlirgb.jpg?1554404330

9f92ee38deb3c98374c88ceebb477e96.jpg
  • Dygz wrote: »
    xSifUzP.jpg

nathalie-kranich-legolasandgimlirgb.jpg?1554404330

9f92ee38deb3c98374c88ceebb477e96.jpg

Yes, you just found what you need, my friend. thanks!
  • Sathrago wrote: »
    Mangust747 wrote: »

unknown.png

after selecting in your message where you wish to put the image click the highlighted button, enter the link to the image or gif you want to show, and it should automatically place it on the page.

I tried it this way, it didn't work out
  • Mangust747 wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »

unknown.png

Some links just do not work unfortunately.
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Sathrago wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »

unknown.png

Some links just do not work unfortunately.

clear, thx
    edited August 2021
    Image links that work are usually ones that have the image name + .png or .jpeg etc at the end
  • Just a tip if you're pulling images from say a google search. Right click on the image, and choose 'Open image url in new tab'. This will isolate the image itself (if available) along with the linkable url you can use for posting in a thread.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you all very much for the answers, the most important thing is that people support me and are in solidarity with my opinion, so it hooked not only me, I'm glad. The main thing is that the developers should see it and pay attention to this topic. And yes, your translator sucks translating into Russian, but you can understand it)

Great post and agree 100%
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold. Hammers High!
    y139ot6w1eku.png
  • о получилось
    It's official, we are getting the classic dwarves showcase... well at least hopefully, next month
  • I agree. Gnomes look like children. If there are true fans of dwarves here, then they should not like that dwarves are magicians
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I agree. Gnomes look like children. If there are true fans of dwarves here, then they should not like that dwarves are magicians

Me a dwarf summoner: Ah ye olde true Scotsman fallacy ;)
    Node coffers: Single Payer Capitalism in action
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's official, we are getting the classic dwarves showcase... well at least hopefully, next month

Yeah that made me really happy. I am totally cool with keeping the current models as Nikua too. Gives people more options when it comes to dwarves.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2021
    Keeping the current models for Niküa means they don't have to redo/replace work that has already been done.
    It will be fun to see how close they get to what people have been asking for with Dünir.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited August 2021
    imadwarf2.jpg
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nerror wrote: »

Yeah that made me really happy. I am totally cool with keeping the current models as Nikua too. Gives people more options when it comes to dwarves.

I want a slightly broader upper torso mostly. The current model fails me as a Nikua player in that regard. Also probably need to be 1.08x-1.12x larger over all than they currently are at base. They are slightly too small at their current base. Easily fixed with sliders though. It's really fine details that make modeling humanoid physiology a difficult job.
    Node coffers: Single Payer Capitalism in action

Salute friend, explain what you meant, because the translator tells me about some kind of showcase in your words. If I understand you correctly, will dwarves be NORMAL when created?

Salute friend, explain what you meant, because the translator tells me about some kind of showcase in your words. If I understand you correctly, will dwarves be NORMAL when created?

Normal as in the old school dwarves? Yes.
    Showcase as in next month, hopefully, devs will show WIP dwarves on stream

Normal as in the old school dwarves? Yes.
    Showcase as in next month, hopefully, devs will show WIP dwarves on stream

Cool. A decent solution. Thank you for the information, and then I thought that I would have to spam them everywhere, although I didn't really want to do it
    edited August 2021
    JustVine wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »

I want a slightly broader upper torso mostly. The current model fails me as a Nikua player in that regard. Also probably need to be 1.08x-1.12x larger over all than they currently are at base. They are slightly too small at their current base. Easily fixed with sliders though. It's really fine details that make modeling humanoid physiology a difficult job.

Yeah I can definitely go for that too :smile:

I want some real mountain folk accent like this for my dwarves.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03iwAY4KlIU
    If they put that in as the accent, I wouldn't even hate it. Would be hilarious to me.