Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do you think you are a part of the "Target Audience"? Why or Why not?

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That happens sometimes.
    Come back from a trip and the village is gone.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Bartle is nonsense.
    Indeed.

Going around quoting your Bartle score is about the same as going around stating "my star sign is Asparagus", and thinking that means something to someone.
  • Options
    OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lmao dygz. I don't know anything about bartle, never taken it. Just amazed that someone could score a 0 in killer.

And this is coming from someone who when I do interior/exterior painting I make a concerted effort to save all the little spiders in the nooks and crannies of baseboard etc
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I think if you got mixed up with a good guild that was progressing and the guilds problems became your problems. You would be so focused on everything you need to do to make yourself and your guild more powerful. That you would not care about having a mount collection or exploring every zone. You would be too busy crushing it with an actual team of humans to care about end-games the way FFXIV and WOW have them. Things like instanced raids would not matter because your guilds dealings would be too important.
    This wasn't addressed to me, so... I understand that you were saying the person you responded to has a mindset/playstyle similar to yours and you understand that you and I do not...

My bartle score is Explorer 87%; Socializer 73% ; Achiever 47%; Killer 0%
    So, it would never be that joining a guild would lessen my desire to explore every zone.
    I would never being interested in "crushing it". Crushing it is not the motivation I have for being social in MMORPGs. I would rather go visit my guild members' freeholds to take a look at their mount collections.
    I would probably spend more time holding mount races on their freeholds than I would out in the world "crushing it" with them.
    Although, Ashes Castle Sieges are fun, so my would be doing some of that together, regardless of whether we actually "crush it".

Lots of different playstyles in MMORPGs and Ashes has almost everyone of them as their target audience...according to Jeffrey. All playing on the same server. The challenge is having all those playstyles willing to play together on the same server.
    Though Jeffrey indicates that different servers will have different concentrations of the playstyles, so it will be fairly easy to find a server that best fits your playstyle as those with similar playstyles migrate to the same server.

Ashes doesn't have an end game, so I definitely wouldn't be caring about endgame.

If you aren't interested in fighting at all it IS kind of weird that you are attracted to a game that revolves around open world pvp and is extremely heavily geared towards player to player politics... Plenty of other games have casual friendly social fun, exploration, and PvE experiences. Why pick the one where half the game is going to revolve around killing people. Especially when so much of their PvE experience is undefined.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree it's amazing.
    I'm about as carebear as one can get. Even in D&D, I prefer to use Charisma skills to talk the group past battle rather than actually engage in combat.

Although, Ashes sieges are fun.
    And I love to slaughter stuff in KOA:Reckoning and I love to hunt in Valheim.