Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Split Body Animation & Death Animation Feedback

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I rather enjoy where Intrepid is going with the death animation and reanimation. Fits the phoenix theme of Ashes of Creation. Could be funny watching it in reverse seeing those ashes/embers reform into a body upon resurrection. But that's just me being silly :smile:
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I rather enjoy where Intrepid is going with the death animation and reanimation. Fits the phoenix theme of Ashes of Creation. Could be funny watching it in reverse seeing those ashes/embers reform into a body upon resurrection. But that's just me being silly :smile:

Not silly at all. I think the reanimation should be a small fire phoenix morphing from ashes into the character.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »

Not silly at all. I think the reanimation should be a small fire phoenix morphing from ashes into the character.

that would be cool!
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Odal wrote: »
    Khronus wrote: »
    I watched that whole video of wow death animations and man do I really understand now. That was the single most punchiest video I have ever seen. You were right @Odal . There is no point in arguing with you as there is no way you are wrong. I may play wow again because of just how punchy those death animations are. I'll name my character punchy mcpunchington III. I'll only ever use fist weapons to increase the amount of raw punchage. punch.

I always find it so interesting that some people get so mad when someone does not agree with their opinion on a certain topic. May I ask, if not to be rude, but do you have autism/asperger?
    That could be a reasonable explanation I suppose.

You're acting incredibly childish.

Huh... this post didn't get flagged or anything?

Because I've been seriously, no-negativity-intended been wanting to genuinely ask Dygz this for like two months now...
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Azherae wrote: »
    Khronus wrote: »
    I watched that whole video of wow death animations and man do I really understand now. That was the single most punchiest video I have ever seen. You were right @Odal . There is no point in arguing with you as there is no way you are wrong. I may play wow again because of just how punchy those death animations are. I'll name my character punchy mcpunchington III. I'll only ever use fist weapons to increase the amount of raw punchage. punch.

I always find it so interesting that some people get so mad when someone does not agree with their opinion on a certain topic. May I ask, if not to be rude, but do you have autism/asperger?
    That could be a reasonable explanation I suppose.

You're acting incredibly childish.

Because I've been seriously, no-negativity-intended been wanting to genuinely ask Dygz this for like two months now...

Haha. Ok. Well we'll see if we get our answer then. I just don't understand why you have to be rude to someone who disagrees with you. Unless it's in a "fun" poking humourus way. But not straight out mad-rude.

:)

There are many ways to be jaded.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2021
    The "Punch" you guys refer to is simply flinch animation + audio, which is very underrated and ignored by devs a lot of times because people dont really care enough about these minor details, but they are important for the "feels" i agree.
    Izil.png
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »

I'd been considering asking Odal that same question! But, just decided to Block him instead! Hahaha
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2021
    Nerror wrote: »

Well in the ancient Egyptian religion people thought one's soul was literally a bird called Ba. The bird with a human head represented the spirit that left the body on death to the underworld. They also thought that the soul and your life force came from the sun. So stories of a soul returning to the physical realm would be close to this imagery quite a lot.

Edit: Less Ashes though. Cremation was a big nono.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw