[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Discussing a Tulnar

LethanelLethanel Member
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
29.07.2022 Update.
Wellcome all of you.
This thread is made for conversations about Tulnar race. Share your thoughts, ideas, concepts.
I honestly don't mind hosting even "kill all tulnar group", have your opinion, and you're free to express it here.
And I know this section is dead for a while, but after last livestream I'm so hyped, that I will become a freaking necromancer and raise it up again.

Comments

• McShaveMcShave Member
    edited November 2021
    We most likely will not see tulnar in Alpha 2

I expect by "base" they mean the humanoid shape: tall, short, skinny, stout, male, female. Then you add animal features like bird beak, cat ears, a tail maybe?

I'm not too sure tho, I haven't really looked into the Tulnar too much. There was a whole thread about Tulnar creation desires tho.

Here's the thread: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/49752/what-customization-options-would-you-need-to-make-the-tulnar-of-your-dreams
  • LethanelLethanel Member
    edited November 2021
    McShave wrote: »

Well, tulnar race is scheduled for Alpha 2 actually. The question is when it starts.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Soon™
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • McShave wrote: »

I expect by "base" they mean the humanoid shape: tall, short, skinny, stout, male, female. Then you add animal features like bird beak, cat ears, a tail maybe?

I'm not too sure tho, I haven't really looked into the Tulnar too much. There was a whole thread about Tulnar creation desires tho.

Here's the thread: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/49752/what-customization-options-would-you-need-to-make-the-tulnar-of-your-dreams

Um.... Best of wishes fawning over the customization options for your cloaca? Brown spectrum or Black.... Choices, choices.... :D

#DeathToAllTulnar!

• Nagash wrote: »
    Soon™

That's the spirit.
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Um.... Best of wishes fawning over the customization options for your cloaca? Brown spectrum or Black.... Choices, choices.... :D

#DeathToAllTulnar!

XD

Waiting for the: "Will there be trench coats and leather pants cosmetics for Tulnar?" thread.

As always,
    The Tulnar must be destroyed.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2021
    I am so conflicted. On the one hand if there is a badass looking lizardman race I want to play it, on the other hand Im thinking I might just play an orc to avoid the death squads XD.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sathrago wrote: »
    I am so conflicted. On the one hand if there is a badass looking lizardman race I want to play it, on the other hand Im thinking I might just play an orc to avoid the death squads XD.

Do what you want. I make my jokes, but if Tulnar have tentacles in any way I will be tempted.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • If character creator is as ambitious as the rest of the game, everyone will find their temptation.
    Vhaeyne wrote: »

Do what you want. I make my jokes, but if Tulnar have tentacles in any way I will be tempted.

I know want to see handsome Squidward as a tulnar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What Tulnar would I want to make? Hmm, obviously considering my previous post, I would say a Dragonborn esque Tulnar

dragonborn-race-neverwinter-races-guide.jpg

I'm not saying everyone has to be forced into one such tulnar, but being able to make one would be great. Obviously things like tail toggle are important as well. Personally hate tails, they clip and get everywhere.
    Actually, I'm surprised Tulnar don't have dragon look alike caste yet. One would assume some dragonblood would intermix
    I still think tulnar will look like beast men from warhammer
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• I think it's very likely we're gonna be able to make something similar to dragonborn. If features like snout or scales are apparently optional then I suppose tails are as well.
  • If i had to make one would definitely go with a mammalian wolf like. but i'd like to know how will they play into town creation/ownership if a large enough group takes hold of one/establishes one. when they are a mix of different races.. will they have their own features from underground reflected in structures and so on.
    but i so easily see the crusades against them happening too, going to make for some interesting and hilarious game play.
    edited November 2021
    If i had to make one would definitely go with a mammalian wolf like. but i'd like to know how will they play into town creation/ownership if a large enough group takes hold of one/establishes one. when they are a mix of different races.. will they have their own features from underground reflected in structures and so on.
    but i so easily see the crusades against them happening too, going to make for some interesting and hilarious game play.

It was said, that towns look can change with each stage depending on which race puted the most exp into it. If it's tulnar, then town receives their aesthetics
  • Lethanel wrote: »
    It was said, that towns look can change with each stage depending on which race puted the most exp into it. If it's tulnar, then town receives their aesthetics

If it's Tulnar, then we burn it to the ground!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    edited November 2021
    daveywavey wrote: »
    If it's Tulnar, then we burn it to the ground!

See you on siege then.
  • Wait wait wait... Tulnar are from the Underworld. Shouldn't our racial aesthetic building be underground? How are you going to burn them up? Smoke us out, maybe, but what is it to burn in our warrens and dens?
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2021
    Percimes wrote: »
    Wait wait wait... Tulnar are from the Underworld. Shouldn't our racial aesthetic building be underground? How are you going to burn them up? Smoke us out, maybe, but what is it to burn in our warrens and dens?

I agree burning their underground homes is pretty unrealistic. We should flood them out with the overflow from our city sewers.
    edited November 2021
    I agree burning their underground homes is pretty unrealistic. We should flood them out with the overflow from our city sewers.

Well, in that case,
    RAT SQUAD! Take them down!
  • Lethanel wrote: »

Well, in that case,
    RAT SQUAD! Take them down!
    Excited Chattering
    skaven-doombell.gif
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Percimes wrote: »
    Wait wait wait... Tulnar are from the Underworld. Shouldn't our racial aesthetic building be underground? How are you going to burn them up? Smoke us out, maybe, but what is it to burn in our warrens and dens?

Flood them out? Those Corruption-spawned mutants probably look at sewer effluvium the way we'd look at a high-end milkshake.

I say pour flaming oil into their warrens.

Hhak63P.png
  • Atama wrote: »
    I say pour flaming oil into their warrens.

Who wants fried chicken?
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do you prefer red or white wine with your rat?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Heres some tulnar Lore for you
    JjU5zZa.jpg
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited December 2021
    I misread the thread title as "Disgusting Tulnars". Ah, must be my racist bias at work.

No, no filthy tulnar should ever be allowed to walk on the surface of Verra! Banish them! Back into the Underworld!
    \o/ "GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!!" \o/
    (Meanwhile other races are just casually pouring in from the portals ...)

Racists jokes aside.
    If I ever roll a tulnar, it'd be a cat tulnar. And it'd eat ppl.
  • I still don't get the tulnar hate
    *Shrugs*
  • I still don't get the tulnar hate
    *Shrugs*

Its just for fun. I enjoy the anti-furry memes and its pretty apparent that Tulnar are going to be AoCs furry community.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Dolyem wrote: »
    I still don't get the tulnar hate
    *Shrugs*

Its just for fun. I enjoy the anti-furry memes and its pretty apparent that Tulnar are going to be AoCs furry community.

Haven't they said it's specifically not going to be furries?

I'm hoping to make something like a Drow.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's 100% in jest ... maybe.

;)
    I wish I were deep and tragic