Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Player Feedback Request] Dünir Race - Feb 2022

124»

Comments

• Options
    Love them. I think they are great. I love the craggy nose!

They need legendary and god tier level beard options though. A dwarf isn't a dwarf without a magnificent beard.
  • Options
    CCC_HANCCC_HAN Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2022
    That´s a Dwarf!

Dwarf.png
    n9p8t51wojzr.gif
  • Options
    My, what a big nose you have, sir. It definitely adds to the elongated, Russian/Middle Eastern-mixed look their faces have, even though it takes up a lot of cranial real estate. For some reason, the male face reminds me of Rasputin but with a much, much larger nose. I absolutely love the way their body looks. The muscle proportions are pretty much perfect. I don't think I'd want their legs shorter or longer. Maybe if the quads were enlarged slightly (while still being smaller than the bulk of the lats, if that makes sense), that might appease the shorter/longer leg debate. I really hope mutton chops are a beard option. Not really sure why, but that's my favorite kind of beard.

There's something off about the female faces. I like the cheekbones and the nose, for the most part. The nose seems to be slightly upturned while the male nose is downturned. It's kind of like one of those cute, upturned pig-like noses some women have. Maybe if the nostril openings were less prominent and the tip of the nose was pointed more downward like the males, they would look better to me. I don't like the mouth, at all. The male has large, thin lips and they look great. The female's upper lip seems too large to me. The cupid's bow is fine but it looks like it is competing for dominance with the upside-down cupid's bow of the bottom lip. Thinning out the upper lip and rounding out (and possibly thinning) the lower lip would look much better to me. The male has a very elongated face so I'm thinking the female face would look better more elongated, too. If it was intentional to make the male look like a mix of Russian and Middle Eastern ethnicities, I would like to see that represented in the females, too. It would make her look less like a young child or gnome, which I feel would be beneficial. I wouldn't be afraid to add wrinkles and age lines to the female face, either. Not all females need to look like they are perpetually in their early 20's. I feel the representation of older women in fantasy settings is severely lacking. A bunch of badass-looking Judi Dench's wandering around the world would be pretty awesome, in my opinion.

Overall, I really like the female's lower body proportions but the upper body needs more bulk. If this is a race of physical laborers she needs larger, rounded shoulders and bulkier trapezius muscles just like the male. Her biceps should be enlarged, as well. Like a female bodybuilder, their muscular structure is bulky just proportionally smaller than a males. I definitely wouldn't shy away from making the females look like they could haul boulders all day long. There's a reason why Luisa from Disney's Encanto turned into such a beloved character, people are happy with the representation of a physically strong female that still retains her femininity.

• Options
    Uncommon SenseUncommon Sense Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Chubby mommas (ancient fertility idol/goddess esk) + Beard and beer gut slider options and we'd be getting close to Mountain Stout folk perfection.
    I'm also ok with a more Slavic approach than the usual celt/scottish/yorkshire sterotypes too.

overall a definite improvement. hope fully the flip jump has changed or made optional too. I would like to see a more stoic surefooted animation presence.
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    As someone rolling Dwarf, I approve!

We will have other nose options though i hope... that shnoz is a whopper.
  • Options
    best dwarf so far
    animated_flag.gif?ex=65e4cf56&is=65d25a56&hm=50114975e9baf8e739b5a5352418a0470b66437b8641ba05c7ebfd184d8ee79d&=&width=2173&height=780
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Liking them so far.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    I think the only problem I have with this is how skinny they're legs look compared to the rest of there body. I seen the character model with the armor set on and it looked amazing! Definitely making me think about which race to pick now but I can only imagine switching armor around and comparing stats and stuff and never wanting to take leg armor off to see the skinny legs.
  • Options
    While the Nikua are probably a much-better representation of little people/dwarves IRL, it's nice to have the traditional fantasy-dwarves a lot of us have come to expect from fantasy literature.

If Dunir are supposed to be more the mine-dwellers, yours truly wouldn't mind seeing advanced options for larger-sized/emphasized joints and knuckles in the hands, as well as advanced options for scars; Hard living and labor leaves certain marks on the body, and you'd expect such features more from mine-dwellers, versus their beach-dwelling cousin-race. Maybe also pink/mis-coloration options for the eyes, as a result of darker homes and dwellings.

• Options
    TuskTheDwarfTuskTheDwarf Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm a fan of the new direction. Good stuff! I agree with the other comments asking for longer legs/more height in general. They seem kinda short, more on the halfling side. But I'll play a Dünir regardless. :)
  • Options
    I see a lot of people talking about the legs. I think they are fine as it is. 10/10. Would love to see those beards though.
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    Psomopsoli wrote: »
    I see a lot of people talking about the legs. I think they are fine as it is. 10/10. Would love to see those beards though.

As someone who plans to roll a Dunir, I think the legs are fine too.
  • Options
    Mangust747Mangust747 Member
    edited February 2022
    Здравствуйте, очень хотелось бы увидеть варианты татуировок скандинавской мифологии или рун на Дунирах, я думаю это добавило бы индивидуальности этой расе, ну и понятное дело что бы можно было сделать очень длиные бороды и причёски например как этих картинках 891qpvkri0aa.jpgl9wv0zjcbkhk.jpg
    qenyzuwdottz.jpg

• Options
    What do you like about the current art direction of this race?
    Almost everything haha, the iteration changes, my god they are good, easily the most bang on for the design so far. They now look so much more badass, crafty and styles, sharp eyes betraying sharp minds and experience. Great revision, huge thank you for doing this, for taking the time to get things so right. The shaved head look is very cool and I hope that extends to many races not just the Dunir.

Is there anything you dislike about the art direction for this race, and why?
    Nothing at all, you've nailed them.

What are your thoughts on what was shown during the livestream for the Dünir race?
    I was absolutely wrapped to see the revised model, then to see it in armour was just icing on the cake. One of my favourite live streams and I've almost watched them all now, just a few to go.

Are there any specific Character Creator customizations you would like to see for the Dünir race?
    I feel you will already do this based on what I've seen already but many beard styles and braid options, mustache styles. Do what you're already doing, you've got this haha. So so good already.

One thing I really, really like that the beards show through gaps in helmets, its such a small detail but so many companies render them out as they are considered hair and get magically turned off when a helm goes on.
  • Options
    JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ozijak wrote: »
    One thing I really, really like that the beards show through gaps in helmets, its such a small detail but so many companies render them out as they are considered hair and get magically turned off when a helm goes on.

Good point. I hope for this as well for both dwarf races.
    Riding in Solo Bad Guy's side car

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yhr9WpjaDzw
  • Options
    FINALLY, a Demi-Human race that fits with what I see when someone says "Dwarf", Won't be playing them, (I play Human or Elven only.), but they look great. Good Work Y'all.
    The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The male dwarf's nose looks like a tumorous growth, I'm not a fan of it, and I hope there are plenty of options to adjust that.
    Those legs make me question, if they could even wear heavy dwarven armor, without those legs giving up.
    Besides those two points, I think the male dwarves look pretty decent.

The female dwarves look good, cute even, I like the nose. They look like they are part of an entirely different race.
    Considering how much more muscular the male Dünir are, the female Dünir look like they wouldn't be capable of wearing similar combat equipment as their male counterparts, because it would simply be too heavy for them.

For customization options I'm looking for tattoos resembling runes, braided hair and impressive beards of various sizes adorned with gems and jewels.
  • Options
    Little longer arm's for male's and they are perfect 10 out of 10 💪😎👌
  • Options
    I like the more muscular model, it fits better to the fantasy of this type of race. If I can make one suggestion, I would prefer if they female Dünir don't have beards.
  • Options
    Good to see a dwarf female with a beard like the dwarves in Lord of the Rings.