Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A mount sink proposal

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    WTS 10x [AntFish (Rare) (Neutered), +Speed, +Stamina] 35k, 5x [BatShark (Legendary) (Neutered), +Speed, +Damage] 85k, 1x [PigBird (Common) (Unneutered), +Carry Weight, +Constitution] 350k

I've got your back Nerror
    I'm unsure why the stats of the item need to be in the item name in your hypothetical here.

Being able to look at the stats is why linking items is of value to players.

Your example should look more like;

WTS 10x [AntFish] 35k, 5x [BatShark] 85k, 1x [PigBird] 350k

Which I consider to be perfectly reasonable.

True, but for the purposes of the joke, it needed to be there. :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Noaani wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    WTS 10x [AntFish (Rare) (Neutered), +Speed, +Stamina] 35k, 5x [BatShark (Legendary) (Neutered), +Speed, +Damage] 85k, 1x [PigBird (Common) (Unneutered), +Carry Weight, +Constitution] 350k

I've got your back Nerror
    I'm unsure why the stats of the item need to be in the item name in your hypothetical here.

Being able to look at the stats is why linking items is of value to players.

Your example should look more like;

WTS 10x [AntFish] 35k, 5x [BatShark] 85k, 1x [PigBird] 350k

Which I consider to be perfectly reasonable.

But at least (Neutered) should get to stay in the item name though.
    AntFish & AntFish (Neutered) essentially belong in 2 different categories - one will likely be bought for breeding, the other just as regular ... regular ........ mount?
    The information needs to be available, but not that available.

If you are a breeder, you will check.

If you are not a breeder, you likely won't care either way.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If we seriously want to have neutering in the game, can we instead use the term “gelded”? It is less icky and less prone to juvenile jokes.

(I am aware that I myself am a fountain of juvenile jokes, I’m thinking of what’s best for Ashes.)

Also, I think gelding is something only done to animals, we never talk about gelding people.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2022
    Atama wrote: »
    If we seriously want to have neutering in the game, can we instead use the term “gelded”? It is less icky and less prone to juvenile jokes.

(I am aware that I myself am a fountain of juvenile jokes, I’m thinking of what’s best for Ashes.)

Also, I think gelding is something only done to animals, we never talk about gelding people.

Gelding is specifically something you do to the males though. It's castration. Removal of testicles. Cutting open the ballsack and then cutting them out. Stealing the family jewels. Nicking or nixing the nuts. Call it what you will, but it is only for males :wink:
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Atama When you are saying that 'we never talk about gelding people', are you saying "humans"? Does that apply to the near human races such as dwarves and elves as well? When we get further from human, such as the orcs, is it all right to speak of gelding them? What about Tulnar, the furthest from human of the races?
  • Options
    If we seriously want to have neut
    tautau wrote: »
    @Atama When you are saying that 'we never talk about gelding people', are you saying "humans"? Does that apply to the near human races such as dwarves and elves as well? When we get further from human, such as the orcs, is it all right to speak of gelding them? What about Tulnar, the furthest from human of the races?

This reminds me of when Star Wars Galaxies was in development and I asked on the forums if the Creature Handler profession would allow you to take Wookiees…

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »

Gelding is specifically something you do to the males though. It's castration. Removal of testicles. Cutting open the ballsack and then cutting them out. Stealing the family jewels. Nicking or nixing the nuts. Call it what you will, but it is only for males :wink:

In my experience, so is neutering. Female animals are spayed. I know technically you can use neuter to refer to removing the reproductive capabilities of a female animal, but I don’t think it’s used very often in that way.

Also, female horses are not spayed often. Gelding is common, but not spaying. That’s why I generally don’t think about that side of it.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

In my experience, so is neutering. Female animals are spayed. I know technically you can use neuter to refer to removing the reproductive capabilities of a female animal, but I don’t think it’s used very often in that way.

Neutering is for both sexes, but I suppose language changes and common usage may also vary from region to region, so there is that. Fixing then? Sterilizing? Desexualizing? "Let's desexualize that thicc mare over there".

• Options

Neutering is for both sexes, but I suppose language changes and common usage may also vary from region to region, so there is that. Fixing then? Sterilizing? Desexualizing? "Let's desexualize that thicc mare over there".

Sterilizing seems like a good term.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2022
    @Atama When you are saying that 'we never talk about gelding people', are you saying "humans"?
    No. People is not synonymous with Humans in settings with other sapient lifeforms besides just Humans.

• Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    @Atama When you are saying that 'we never talk about gelding people', are you saying "humans"?
    No. People is not synonymous with Humans in settings with other sapient lifeforms besides just Humans.

Quoted for truth. :D

(Though I’m undecided on the Tulnar.)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options

Ohhhh, stop it, Pancake, stop it! I'm feeling a little sick..... :s
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/