Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild/node should be tied to accounts

I feel being in a guild as well as a citizen in a node should be tied to an account akin to how black desert online does it. Since guilds will have limited slots it will make it more fair swapping between your alts as they will all be in the game guild if one joins it. Else you get the issue with people in a bunch of different guilds if they start having alt characters without being able to grow a unique community in the guild and it just turning into a bunch of alts in a single guild. Rather then making multiple guilds for alts it will be easier to manage in one so communities can more easily grow.

Also think if you can be in multiple guilds that cause some issues with people trying to use that to their advantage on being apart of a larger guild but then create smaller guilds for the buffs they can get to boost their character so they have more of an advantage in fights. So have their alt run a smaller guild and their main in the small guild for the boost. As well as the node system when it comes to voting for people and just being able to have a bunch of alts vote you in to being mayor of a node.

If you are going to be in a guild and node you shouldn't be able to make a character and be apart of every guild and every node on the map to use it to your advantage. If you are committing to node and guilds it should be account wise.

Comments

• Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    edited June 2022
    I actually agree with this. It can also prevent 3rd party subversion as far as making an alt to spy on enemy guilds. You'd have to open another account in this instance if you wish to pursue that option as opposed to easily hopping on an alt and joining a guild you wish to peep on.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    This is a hard topic tbh because I see some pros and cons with this, is it account wide or not. Anyhow, if players can benefit unwanted way when playing all over the world, then yes perhaps account wide could be a good option. However, freedom of choice to play in different nodes and guilds can easily be preferable direction from player pov. I have to think this a little bit more and come back later. :)
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    Ferryman wrote: »
    This is a hard topic tbh because I see some pros and cons with this, is it account wide or not. Anyhow, if players can benefit unwanted way when playing all over the world, then yes perhaps account wide could be a good option. However, freedom of choice to play in different nodes and guilds can easily be preferable direction from player pov. I have to think this a little bit more and come back later. :)

Plays will always have choice , nothing stops them from leaving to go to another node. There shouldn't be a point where you have 5+ characters at every node taking advantage of everyone one with lvl 5 characters just because its better for you. Takes away the worth of the main node you are invested in and attempt to further avoid risk.

Also no guild committed makes people hop in a bunch of other guilds with alts, that way you know they are committed to one guild and not having a reason to to spy to be in a bunch of other ones. As well as other design issues they can take advantage of which would get worse over time.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hard disagree. Players should not be forced into one guild. If guild cap is 50-300 depending on how they set their guild up forcing alts to be in the same guild would needlessly take up spots forcing people to decide if they want more people or make an alt.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guilds

They also want espionage to be a thing and forcing people into a single guild destroys that as well.

Such a weird I hate alts thread.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2022
    LMAO
    No.
    Alts are different characters. Different characters may have different interests.
    Alts do not all have to be in the same guild. Spying in that manner officially is not an exploit.
    Accounts are already restricted to one citizenship and one Freehold.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited June 2022
    Pretty much what Prophet and Dygz already said. Spying is intended and the node citizenship is already account-wide and not character-specific.

Also, if my guild is in a guild war and I might not be in the mood to die a few hundred times that day, I'd prefer to have my alt be off-guild to still enjoy the game. Even the hardcore pvpers like to be free sometimes.
  • Options
    Hard disagree. Players should not be forced into one guild. If guild cap is 50-300 depending on how they set their guild up forcing alts to be in the same guild would needlessly take up spots forcing people to decide if they want more people or make an alt.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guilds

They also want espionage to be a thing and forcing people into a single guild destroys that as well.

Such a weird I hate alts thread.

The point is alts do not take up guild spots.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Pretty much what Prophet and Dygz already said. Spying is intended and the node citizenship is already account-wide and not character-specific.

Also, if my guild is in a guild war and I might not be in the mood to die a few hundred times that day, I'd prefer to have my alt be off-guild to still enjoy the game. Even the hardcore pvpers like to be free sometimes.

Spying being intended does not mean alt character can be part of other nodes freely just to cause issues. It should be effort you put in yourself to leave a guild and join another and work at it like that. If you don't want to be in a fight then either don't got o the fight no one has to do everything 24/7, or have a offline mode that hides your name from being online. That is kind of a mute point as we have discord and a lot of other things to connect people. So if someone is choosing to hide so their guild mates don't know what they are doing it should be no different in discord and in game.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    LMAO
    No.
    Alts are different characters. Different characters may have different interests.
    Alts do not all have to be in the same guild. Spying in that manner officially is not an exploit.
    Accounts are already restricted to one citizenship and one Freehold.

Nothing to laugh about 100% your account should be guild bound as well and not in 10 different guilds.

Everyone know a alt is a different character, its not a different account though. Then that is part of the issue being solved being restricted to one citizenship. Guilds should be no different as they also provide perks.

Your character is still you what is this "different interest" that you are talking about in relation that will make a big different being in another guild. I don't see guilds as being that limited with the amount of types of guidls that will be out there.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Spying being intended does not mean alt character can be part of other nodes freely just to cause issues. It should be effort you put in yourself to leave a guild and join another and work at it like that. If you don't want to be in a fight then either don't got o the fight no one has to do everything 24/7, or have a offline mode that hides your name from being online. That is kind of a mute point as we have discord and a lot of other things to connect people. So if someone is choosing to hide so their guild mates don't know what they are doing it should be no different in discord and in game.
    As been stated several times, node are account-wide so that's not an issue.

As for the guild thing. I'm not hiding from it, I'm taking a break. And having played L2 and having been in countless wars, just "going somewhere where there isn't war" isn't quite an option. Especially if you're in a big/strong guild.

Also, in order to get into a guild that's worth spying on, your alt would have to put in work either way. no self-respecting guild will just invite any rando off the street, so you'll have to work twice as hard to set up a proper spy there, so that it also a mute point.
  • Options
    Also not a i hate alts thread, literarily a red herring as you didn't read my post. With the designs in the game a lot of things can be exploited, just like if you could be in multiple citizenships which you can't which is good. Being committed to a guild means you will help it grow, instead of having less commitment to any guild.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    As been stated several times, node are account-wide so that's not an issue.

As for the guild thing. I'm not hiding from it, I'm taking a break. And having played L2 and having been in countless wars, just "going somewhere where there isn't war" isn't quite an option. Especially if you're in a big/strong guild.

Also, in order to get into a guild that's worth spying on, your alt would have to put in work either way. no self-respecting guild will just invite any rando off the street, so you'll have to work twice as hard to set up a proper spy there, so that it also a mute point.

And you simply can have a system set to appear offline in game so that is also a mute point.

Players having account bound guilds will make them work harder towards it or really decide which guild they want to be in. As well as not over flooding the guild member list with a bunch of potential alts. It will be easier to access all members on other characters when they are trying to do things with their guild. Im sure people plan on having alts and those can be a issue for guild member space.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Also not a i hate alts thread, literarily a red herring as you didn't read my post. With the designs in the game a lot of things can be exploited, just like if you could be in multiple citizenships which you can't which is good. Being committed to a guild means you will help it grow, instead of having less commitment to any guild.
    And the guild determines that. If you're not providing enough benefit to them, they'll kick you.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Nothing to laugh about 100% your account should be guild bound as well and not in 10 different guilds.
    Pleanty to laugh about because you say 100% even though Steven does not agree with you.

Everyone know a alt is a different character, its not a different account though. Then that is part of the issue being solved being restricted to one citizenship. Guilds should be no different as they also provide perks.
    The real point is that housing takes up realestate, while guild memberships do not.

Your character is still you what is this "different interest" that you are talking about in relation that will make a big different being in another guild. I don't see guilds as being that limited with the amount of types of guidls that will be out there.
    Not from an in-game standpoint, no. From the in-game perspective, alts are separate characters.
    Again, housing is restricted by accounts in an attempt to allow each player to have a house and a Freehold in the open world.
  • Options
    Just because you can think of an exploit doesn't mean it truly is an exploit.
    Also doesn't mean that eerything you imagine in your mind is actually possible in the game.
  • Options

Are you sure?

If alts are different characters why do they not take up guild slots?
    If they take up character slots they should not take up slots elsewhere as well?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alts
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options

Are you sure?

If they take up character slots they should not take up slots elsewhere as well?

You can design things around a family, so it is your account in the guild over your character. Meaning swapping characters wouldn't take up slots in a guild.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Pleanty to laugh about because you say 100% even though Steven does not agree with you.

The real point is that housing takes up realestate, while guild memberships do not.

Not from an in-game standpoint, no. From the in-game perspective, alts are separate characters.
    Again, housing is restricted by accounts in an attempt to allow each player to have a house and a Freehold in the open world.

Lets take one point at a time then with this laughing one which I think is kind of funny since you are wanting PvE servers.

How does he not agree with me exactly, what points and proof do you have? I just was told citizenship is bound by node so clearly that is agreeable on. So what it is about guilds that is not agreeable that is 100% confirmed.

Alts are alts. And all the Alts are you as the same player, with the same mind. With the same goal.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2022
    I agree. I just dont like seeing account_names on guild chat.
    That should only be visible on the guild window. Never on the chat. It's an eyesore.
  • Options

Are you sure?

You can design things around a family, so it is your account in the guild over your character. Meaning swapping characters wouldn't take up slots in a guild.

What about multi-boxing. Should they also be tied to one guild? Same player after all.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Multi-boxing
  • Options

Are you sure?

What about multi-boxing. Should they also be tied to one guild? Same player after all.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Multi-boxing

if someone is buying more boxes no, because id think they would be for other people in the house hold. If by chance someone was multi boxing i guess they can do what they want within the rules of multi boxing. They are paying for two subs after all, and they are two different accounts. But its not something the normal player will do.
  • Options
    What is the difference from the players perspective of having multiple accounts with 1 character and one account with multiple characters?
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    What is the difference from the players perspective of having multiple accounts with 1 character and one account with multiple characters?
    Money?
  • Options

Multibox is its own discussion not really trying to get into that here. Purpose of multibox is not always a positive one if someone is trying to have 5 multi boxed accounts...
  • Options
    I thought this was a thread about alts.
    My mistake for thinking alts from multiboxing were alts.
  • Options
    I thought this was a thread about alts.
    My mistake for thinking alts from multiboxing were alts.

Multibox is a different issue and you know that.... you use it to get around systems for an advantage (if its not for another house hold member).

Go ahead and start a multibox thread and bring it up there and say there should be more limits or rules on multibox and see what people say lmao.
  • Options
    If you are going to be in a guild and node you shouldn't be able to make a character and be apart of every guild and every node on the map to use it to your advantage.

Agree with the node citizenship argument and hard disagree with the guild argument.

I want all the characters I create on the same account on the same server to be able to join whichever guilds I want and reap any benefits this might give me.

In my opinion, trying to argument that this will somehow hurt other players to the point that the game shouldn't allow it is doing some mental gymnastics, but most likely it's people who don't want their guilds to have spies and/or alt accounts but want the game to handle that for them.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
  • Options
    Lets take one point at a time then with this laughing one which I think is kind of funny since you are wanting PvE servers.
    That's hilarious because I don't want PvE servers. I'd like to see an experiment of one PvE server - even just to show the people who actually want a PvE server that it would suck.
    If we had extra time in the release schedule for it - which we don't.

How does he not agree with me exactly, what points and proof do you have? I just was told citizenship is bound by node so clearly that is agreeable on. So what it is about guilds that is not agreeable that is 100% confirmed.

Alts are alts. And all the Alts are you as the same player, with the same mind. With the same goal.
    I don't know what that means. Outside of the game I am the same player. Inside the game, my alts are different characters. Which is why it's perfectly OK for them to be different races, and have different classes and be members of different guilds and call different Nodes home.
    We are restricted to one citizenship per account and one Freehold per account so that we can have as many players as possible enjoy open world housing. There's not enough real estate for each player to have multiple open world plots for houses and Freeholds.
  • Options
    I usually play mage and a healer. I despise the idea they WILL be forced to be in one guild(they always are but not the point).
    I am ok with "family" systems like SWTOR as long as they are NOT forced on the players.