Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Where druids?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jahlon wrote: »
    While yes the Druids were religions leaders and healers, they were also teachers/scholars, political advisors, the legal authority (judges), and many other roles in the Celtic society.

This is true, but for me the class label isn't the important part. I call it a druid as most people have some sense of what that means in a general fantasy setting.

I'd be happy with playing a Treehugger or Wiccan or something if that got me the class fantasy I want. =)
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited August 2022
    I don't know anyone who wakes up and says "I want to play a Wild Blade, Song Warden, Predator, Spellstone, etc"

Huh, I said that exact phrase when I woke up this morning, including the "etc"...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Good day to yall ^^
    i also was thinking bout becoming a druid in this game and even tho it wont have the name i think it would still be possible to get the result of ur dream of shapeshifting and the like.
    For example (ye i do know this game is still not finished so i am just letting my imagination run wild) if u look @ the summoner who ever said that it wouldn't have a skill to shapeshift into ur summon like we havent even seen the class in alpha and if it was in it who said it wasn't a skill in the 20ish or higher lvls as for having support skills if u can get cleric or bard in the mix for potential buffs to summons/teammembers u pretty much have a druid (as religous leader of the tribe dur to cleric or the performing of rituals from bard) + we know even less how the religion effects the abilities we get.
    And @ the end of the day its what u think of urselfe whilst playing and when u're enjoying the game who cares just say to ppl who ask ur a druid.

i wish u a fun time playing and may u find the best playstyle for urselfe
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I do think a Druid or Nature class/subclass would be cool. Especially the way ashes is built with the changing environments. Being able to manipulate your surrounding nature elements depending on season. Making ground slippery during winter season or cause vines to shoot up from the ground to create a wall in spring.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    LilWolfe wrote: »
    Good day to yall ^^
    i also was thinking bout becoming a druid in this game and even tho it wont have the name i think it would still be possible to get the result of ur dream of shapeshifting and the like.
    For example (ye i do know this game is still not finished so i am just letting my imagination run wild) if u look @ the summoner who ever said that it wouldn't have a skill to shapeshift into ur summon like we havent even seen the class in alpha and if it was in it who said it wasn't a skill in the 20ish or higher lvls as for having support skills if u can get cleric or bard in the mix for potential buffs to summons/teammembers u pretty much have a druid (as religous leader of the tribe dur to cleric or the performing of rituals from bard) + we know even less how the religion effects the abilities we get.
    And @ the end of the day its what u think of urselfe whilst playing and when u're enjoying the game who cares just say to ppl who ask ur a druid.

You can act through your summons and also be stronger through your summons as a summoner. Whether these eidolons will be nature based is anyone's guess. We are yet to see summoner in action at all.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    LilWolfe wrote: »
    Good day to yall ^^

You can act through your summons and also be stronger through your summons as a summoner. Whether these eidolons will be nature based is anyone's guess. We are yet to see summoner in action at all.

Tyvm for ur reply ^^
    i fully know that this game is still not ready to open its gates and im just using my imagination to think of a playstyle as for summoner yes it is correct that u can use ur summons to fight and u might b able to have multiple up @ a time but u only have basic comands for them. my thought was either combining ur summmons into 1 strong awesome monster and than manually use it to fight for a more precise use of skills because its AI for the most part when u only summon them which is not the best in my opinion for dps and even worse for tanking because if the AI makes a mistake u risk a wipe even if its a offtank and who said that u cant make have mulitple paths to master ur class u can have up to 30 skills in ur hotbar if i remember right and a lvl cap of 50 from the start im sure we all will need time to adapt to find out how we want to build our charracters

wish u a nice evenin and fun playin ^^
  • Options
    GandalfthegrapeGandalfthegrape Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CROW3 wrote: »
    In WoW.

I was gonna say they same thing. They should stay there.

Why? It's one of the most interesting classes by far, lore wise, skill wise, in flexibility of purpose. The only things that might be more interesting are a warlock, deathknight/necromancer or bard. Id leave out archers, priests, and warriors before I ever left out a druid. Who wants to be some loser with a stick when you can actually just turn into a stick, raise the dead, use the power of the soul of the entire planet and channel it into a focused beam to incinerate you enemies. There is a lot of cool class concepts that wow never really expanded on for them, possession of animals, far sight was given to shamans, and symbiosis was a balancing joke but one of the coolest things ever and would have been fine if gear wasn't invalidated every third or fourth raid clear. They already have scailies in the game I don't know why you mad about druids.
  • Options
    Schmuky wrote: »
    You know what I really like about threads like this? The simplicity of them. The whole thing is just "?". What do you want us to say to that? Where druids? What do you consider a druid? Do you mean a WoW druid or a DnD druid? Do you want to play a druid or do you like killing druids? What exactly are you asking?!

The .00001 sec of brainy thing usage suggests he is asking why druids aren't a class in the game
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    (I find it hard to believe Jahlon said Ashes will have a class called Druid. The Classes chart image in the Wiki has not changed since it was first revealed by the devs.)

Well it says Guardian so Guardian tank druids confirmed my friend.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    CROW3 wrote: »
    In WoW.

I was gonna say they same thing. They should stay there.

Why? It's one of the most interesting classes by far, lore wise, skill wise, in flexibility of purpose. The only things that might be more interesting are a warlock, deathknight/necromancer or bard. Id leave out archers, priests, and warriors before I ever left out a druid. Who wants to be some loser with a stick when you can actually just turn into a stick, raise the dead, use the power of the soul of the entire planet and channel it into a focused beam to incinerate you enemies. There is a lot of cool class concepts that wow never really expanded on for them, possession of animals, far sight was given to shamans, and symbiosis was a balancing joke but one of the coolest things ever and would have been fine if gear wasn't invalidated every third or fourth raid clear. They already have scailies in the game I don't know why you mad about druids.

Not mad just don't se any value there. As far as interesting classes they are by far the least interesting. Shapeshifting, Wooooo!
    Keep the Chaos coming.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have no clue what you actually hoped to convey, but…
    Protector is probably closer to Druid than Guardian.
  • Options
    Schmuky wrote: »
    You know what I really like about threads like this? The simplicity of them. The whole thing is just "?". What do you want us to say to that? Where druids? What do you consider a druid? Do you mean a WoW druid or a DnD druid? Do you want to play a druid or do you like killing druids? What exactly are you asking?!

I mained Druid almost entirely throughout WoW. As much as I like WoW druids, I don't necessarily want that for AoC. I'd expect some variant of mage or cleric to be a druid and fulfill the nature mage D&D fantasy. It's possible Shaman will satisfy that, but any nature caster would be terrific.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    (I find it hard to believe Jahlon said Ashes will have a class called Druid. The Classes chart image in the Wiki has not changed since it was first revealed by the devs.)

Given your love of druids, I'm a little surprised your handle isn't RadagastTheRadish.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Song Warden will be the closest thing to a Pathfinder Druid. The issue remains that a Druid in pathfinder is a Summoner, Buffer, Polymorpher and Caster. The personal pets will be really tiny but you could have a combat pet. You don't necessarily need to summon the combat pet.

Polymorph is optional in Pathfinder though. You could build a Song Warden quite easily to match a Pathfinder Druid. It wouldn't be anything like a WoW Druid but then we don't want WoW classes anyway.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif