Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[WWYD] Ganking a Player...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ZazarielZazariel Member
    edited August 2022
    I'll stop gathering, turn around, equip my Two-handed and i'll F**** him UP !!!
  • Options
    DizzDizz Member
    A casual follower from TW.

↓Good youtube channel to learn things about creating games.↓
    Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1DvRY5PyHHt3KN9ghunuw
  • Options
    I would just caution folks ..... approach at your own risk!
    I hear there are some spicy ales that can buff one's gathering. I may have drank 3 just to be sure. Coat my axe with pig's blood (good for loggin... some say) ... I am swingin ... mindin .. my own business, cant see well .. only have one eye ... due to a bear accident when I was young ... (dont call me One-eye-Willy- My name is not Willy) ... I suddenly hear somethin .. <hiccup> mid-swing .. my world spins .. at first I dont see nothin ... , then I notice a corpse with a few coins on the side .. it wasnt there earlier ... that darn bear is at it again ...
    With coins in my pocket, guess its that time to hit the Tavern again.

Reward vs Risk ... You can bet your bum there will be quality resources and loot on dangerous turf (PVP areas included-I would assume) ... If all Hell breaks loose ..And if there is something strange .. in your neighborhood , Who you gonna call? BUMBUSTERS! ..... Pay your Bounty-Fee .. carry-on!
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    😈 What a glorious day for ganking!

👀 You are on the prowl, and notice an unsuspecting player chopping trees. #WWYD?

(Click on the link below to submit your answer!)

Twitter:

What would I do? Easy, I'd abuse the 30 minute cooldown on family summon and bring in the bois for a clean kill.

12 hours minimum bruuuuuuuuu. It should be for nothing more than to summon together your close friends for 1 play session a day.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Cant wait to test out the pvp mechanics / system and provide good feedback. I've been pvping in mmos since the 1990's. No mmorpg pvp mechanics have been perfect but several along the way have provided some of my greatest gaming experiences.
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • Options
    Sedare wrote: »
    Is there actual stealth play in the game?

In case no one has answered this for you, the Rogue archetype will have the primary stealth abilities and when chosen as the second archetype for other classes will add "steal like elements" (I think that was the quote). The Ranger will also have a long range stealth ability. Check this info out on the wiki.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    https://discord.com/channels/256164085366915072/256164085366915072/1010261370840821843
    Steven 😇: Some augments from the rogue subclass will confer stealth like effects. Though true stealth resides within the realm of the rogue archetype.

Additionally rangers have a camouflage ability that grants stealth at a distance, but at mid and short range they are revealed.
  • Options
    arkadyrandomarkadyrandom Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Unless I had good reason or we were at war, I'd leave them be even if they had a bounty or were corrupted. I didn't go around as a murder hobo PK in Lineage and I no plans to do it in Ashes. Now, if we were at war then I'd pass by, scout the area for hostile guilds, and then go end him if it all is clear. Also, it's totally dependent on guild rules for PK engagement.
    Explorer, Interloper, Anomaly, Iteration
  • Options
    Ganking is really fun, if you are the one doing it.
  • Options
    This whole thread was very eye opening. As a gatherer by inclination I KNOW at some point someone is gonna mess with me. It's one of the reasons I try and plan accordingly - I may not win the fight, but I'm not going out without giving it my best..I now realize tree damage like in Valheim would be PERFECT in this situation - LoL
  • Options
    I would log in my brand new character on my second account. I would sneak up to the Lumberjack and hit him with a wet noodle like only a Level 1 noobie can. When he sees how pathetic and weak I am, he will swing back, going purple himself and letting me know how strong he is. I would then move my main character in for the kill (or not, if the opp was too strong) and kill him, incurring no penalties because he's already purple. I then delete my noob character and make a new one.
  • Options
    Volgaris wrote: »
    Gathering hot spots can be dangerous, should probably have a plan when you go there. I'd only attack if the rewards were good or to protect the node/guild/teams interests. It'll be fun to see how the devs balance it though. I remember playing Age of Conan, the play base was just bipolar (like most player bases), one hour everyone would be peacefully questing, the next everyone was purging each other. It made for some fun times though. AA was better by far than Conan, and any others can think of atm. I hope Ashes makes it even better.

Nothing really compares with donkey-kicking unsuspecting players off a bridge with your mount. There was a great video of it set to, I think "Send in the Clowns", but I can't find it anymore. Age of Conan did mounts really well. Realistic mount animation and time, "handling" that felt real, mount attacks, etc.