Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tab Target

2»

Comments

  • Options
    Tryol wrote: »
    Let's just have the entire ranged combat be fully aimed aiming without any kind of assist or targeting, wind/arrow physics, pierceable walls and headshot multipliers for the ultimate FPS experience.

    If I see ANY of my arrows doing something even remotely unnatural, I am going back to New World. That game did everything about combat perfectly. /s

    That would be the dream
  • Options
    SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited September 2022
    @LordBlank
    You should get into archery. Target against a hill in the woods or something.
    Work up to a 200 lb draw bow lol

    or whatever is more interesting than video games
  • Options
    or whatever is more interesting than video games
    kvwk9t7u0193.gif
  • Options
    @LordBlank
    You should get into archery. Target against a hill in the woods or something.
    Work up to a 200 lb draw bow lol

    or whatever is more interesting than video games

    I honestly want to get into it. What you said is basically my overall goal in life
  • Options

    let's go for realism baby. I wanted these archers in-game to be like that.
  • Options
    Tab target system is now illegal, ban all tab target games asap and be ASHAMED you play them or any game that doesn't use aiming you 500 year old boomer dinosaur. Ban 95% of all gaming cause you don't aim in them. Illegal to play puzzle games, illegal to play adventure games, illegal to play all 4X style games, grand strategy and so on. Only shooter for real gamers from now on!
    If you play anything else don't talk to me.

    you-are-a-6iq3p5.jpg


    Always love people cherry picking one aspect of a whole ignoring all the context involved.(intentional irony indeed, glad you picked up on that)
    Why does free aim get to do head shot damage and tab target doesn't ? Why does tab target need to invest into stats to increase hit-chance when free aim doesn't?
    Yeah didn't care to mention that did you?
    I also guess we got to get rid of all multi target abilities, can't really look at 3+ targets at once to heal. Shame.
    LordBlank wrote: »
    Nikr the arrows literally curved to the right towards the target when. His character wasn't even facing the same direction.
    Oh ma gawd, his head didn't even turn towards his target, how did he do it, 360 no-scope god in disguise actually?!
    You ever heard of maximising your animation budget? Avoiding clipping issues? He could have thrown his arms to the left to do the same thing, but it's a lot easier to just throw it forward like all spells and change the trajectory of the particle. Having arms at an angle just screams clipping issues that people will be even more mad about. It's just visual representation in a game, get over it.

    Mentioning Tera and saying that it is fine there is the epitome of not understanding or purposefully misrepresenting the difference and limitations of what we call tab targeting and free aim.. Tera is tab target in disguise. You can jump 180 degrees facing away from a target and time your skill so it flies through you towards the target cause you soft lock aimed unto it on skill press but the animation is delayed enough to turn away completely and still have a hit.
    Yes we did everything to perfect the art of kiting back then.
    Tera also auto aims for you, it's not a generous hitbox lol. It is auto aim. Plain and simple. Also just to be absolutely clear it is not the console kind, it is the kind that auto tracks your projectiles to curve to all kinds of wild things, it will fly after dashing targets lol. The heck are you on about? You sure you played Tera?
    Just because it's fittingly hilarious how obvious it is you don't know anything about Tera, Mystic is practically curved auto-lock magic skills exclusive.

    (Just as a clarification I used the words free aim instead of action combat, because most often the only real difference between tab target and action combat is the fact that you can freely aim at all times, opinions may differ)
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    I'm more so into the compact bows
  • Options
    grisu wrote: »
    Tab target system is now illegal, ban all tab target games asap and be ASHAMED you play them or any game that doesn't use aiming you 500 year old boomer dinosaur. Ban 95% of all gaming cause you don't aim in them. Illegal to play puzzle games, illegal to play adventure games, illegal to play all 4X style games, grand strategy and so on. Only shooter for real gamers from now on!
    If you play anything else don't talk to me.

    you-are-a-6iq3p5.jpg


    Always love people cherry picking one aspect of a whole ignoring all the context involved.(intentional irony indeed, glad you picked up on that)
    Why does free aim get to do head shot damage and tab target doesn't ? Why does tab target need to invest into stats to increase hit-chance when free aim doesn't?
    Yeah didn't care to mention that did you?
    I also guess we got to get rid of all multi target abilities, can't really look at 3+ targets at once to heal. Shame.
    LordBlank wrote: »
    Nikr the arrows literally curved to the right towards the target when. His character wasn't even facing the same direction.
    Oh ma gawd, his head didn't even turn towards his target, how did he do it, 360 no-scope god in disguise actually?!
    You ever heard of maximising your animation budget? Avoiding clipping issues? He could have thrown his arms to the left to do the same thing, but it's a lot easier to just throw it forward like all spells and change the trajectory of the particle. Having arms at an angle just screams clipping issues that people will be even more mad about. It's just visual representation in a game, get over it.

    Mentioning Tera and saying that it is fine there is the epitome of not understanding or purposefully misrepresenting the difference and limitations of what we call tab targeting and free aim.. Tera is tab target in disguise. You can jump 180 degrees facing away from a target and time your skill so it flies through you towards the target cause you soft lock aimed unto it on skill press but the animation is delayed enough to turn away completely and still have a hit.
    Yes we did everything to perfect the art of kiting back then.
    Tera also auto aims for you, it's not a generous hitbox lol. It is auto aim. Plain and simple. Also just to be absolutely clear it is not the console kind, it is the kind that auto tracks your projectiles to curve to all kinds of wild things, it will fly after dashing targets lol. The heck are you on about? You sure you played Tera?
    Just because it's fittingly hilarious how obvious it is you don't know anything about Tera, Mystic is practically curved auto-lock magic skills exclusive.

    (Just as a clarification I used the words free aim instead of action combat, because most often the only real difference between tab target and action combat is the fact that you can freely aim at all times, opinions may differ)

    lmao, You skipped over the first part where I said the shot curved and went over to the part where I mention his head not turning. You want to accuse me of cherry-picking while you just did the same thing and probably didn't read all of the discussion.
  • Options
    grisu wrote: »
    Tab target system is now illegal, ban all tab target games asap and be ASHAMED you play them or any game that doesn't use aiming you 500 year old boomer dinosaur. Ban 95% of all gaming cause you don't aim in them. Illegal to play puzzle games, illegal to play adventure games, illegal to play all 4X style games, grand strategy and so on. Only shooter for real gamers from now on!
    If you play anything else don't talk to me.

    you-are-a-6iq3p5.jpg


    Always love people cherry picking one aspect of a whole ignoring all the context involved.(intentional irony indeed, glad you picked up on that)
    Why does free aim get to do head shot damage and tab target doesn't ? Why does tab target need to invest into stats to increase hit-chance when free aim doesn't?
    Yeah didn't care to mention that did you?
    I also guess we got to get rid of all multi target abilities, can't really look at 3+ targets at once to heal. Shame.
    LordBlank wrote: »
    Nikr the arrows literally curved to the right towards the target when. His character wasn't even facing the same direction.
    Oh ma gawd, his head didn't even turn towards his target, how did he do it, 360 no-scope god in disguise actually?!
    You ever heard of maximising your animation budget? Avoiding clipping issues? He could have thrown his arms to the left to do the same thing, but it's a lot easier to just throw it forward like all spells and change the trajectory of the particle. Having arms at an angle just screams clipping issues that people will be even more mad about. It's just visual representation in a game, get over it.

    Mentioning Tera and saying that it is fine there is the epitome of not understanding or purposefully misrepresenting the difference and limitations of what we call tab targeting and free aim.. Tera is tab target in disguise. You can jump 180 degrees facing away from a target and time your skill so it flies through you towards the target cause you soft lock aimed unto it on skill press but the animation is delayed enough to turn away completely and still have a hit.
    Yes we did everything to perfect the art of kiting back then.
    Tera also auto aims for you, it's not a generous hitbox lol. It is auto aim. Plain and simple. Also just to be absolutely clear it is not the console kind, it is the kind that auto tracks your projectiles to curve to all kinds of wild things, it will fly after dashing targets lol. The heck are you on about? You sure you played Tera?
    Just because it's fittingly hilarious how obvious it is you don't know anything about Tera, Mystic is practically curved auto-lock magic skills exclusive.

    (Just as a clarification I used the words free aim instead of action combat, because most often the only real difference between tab target and action combat is the fact that you can freely aim at all times, opinions may differ)

    Did you play Tera?
  • Options
    God I hope we get the tab targeting from archeage the tab target was so precise and fluid. Plus some of the abilities like the new gunslinger have tight cones for targeting their attacks.

    If you dont like tab targeting you can choose to play all skill shots, just dont cry if it's harder because its skill based. Because remember you do have that choice in this game.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    God I hope we get the tab targeting from archeage the tab target was so precise and fluid. Plus some of the abilities like the new gunslinger have tight cones for targeting their attacks.

    If you dont like tab targeting you can choose to play all skill shots, just dont cry if it's harder because its skill based. Because remember you do have that choice in this game.

    So is tab targeting not skill-based? If it's not then does that make it a casual combat system? If it is casual-friendly then why not add more casual-friendly systems inside the game? Also, the first part of your comment sounds really good. I would be open to that.
  • Options
    Another thing i dont get is why people
    Sathrago wrote: »
    God I hope we get the tab targeting from archeage the tab target was so precise and fluid. Plus some of the abilities like the new gunslinger have tight cones for targeting their attacks.

    If you dont like tab targeting you can choose to play all skill shots, just dont cry if it's harder because its skill based. Because remember you do have that choice in this game.

    So you agree tab is easier and doesn't take nearly as much skill as action?

    Great that means things need to be balanced accordingly to the skill involved.
  • Options
    @LordBlank
    Custom heavy draw long bow should wind up being a lot cheaper than some rare heavy draw compound.
    Compounds are pretty practical though.
  • Options
    LordBlank wrote: »
    grisu wrote: »
    (intentional irony indeed, glad you picked up on that)
    lmao, You skipped over the first part where I said the shot curved and went over to the part where I mention his head not turning. You want to accuse me of cherry-picking while you just did the same thing and probably didn't read all of the discussion.
    Aha, deflection much. I clearly addressed why the projectile changes trajectory and why it's irrelevant.
    Deflection much 2, ignoring the balance part of my post.
    Deflection much 3, returning a question when confronted with new information you clearly weren't aware off and doesn't fit your story.

    Well I had hope for you but I guess I got my answers this way. I will take my Mystic Prime title and just wander away again. Have fuun~ "debating".
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    @LordBlank
    Custom heavy draw long bow should wind up being a lot cheaper than some rare heavy draw compound.
    Compounds are pretty practical though.

    Are long bows good for hunting?
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Another thing i dont get is why people
    Sathrago wrote: »
    God I hope we get the tab targeting from archeage the tab target was so precise and fluid. Plus some of the abilities like the new gunslinger have tight cones for targeting their attacks.

    If you dont like tab targeting you can choose to play all skill shots, just dont cry if it's harder because its skill based. Because remember you do have that choice in this game.

    So you agree tab is easier and doesn't take nearly as much skill as action?

    Great that means things need to be balanced accordingly to the skill involved.

    Hmm? When was this discussion ever about balance? The op was complaining that it didnt make sense for tab target ranged projectiles to curve.

    My point was that it's a hybrid game and you can freely gimp yourself by playing with all skill shot abilities if you want to. Just dont complain if it's harder to do.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    grisu wrote: »
    LordBlank wrote: »
    grisu wrote: »
    (intentional irony indeed, glad you picked up on that)
    lmao, You skipped over the first part where I said the shot curved and went over to the part where I mention his head not turning. You want to accuse me of cherry-picking while you just did the same thing and probably didn't read all of the discussion.
    Aha, deflection much. I clearly addressed why the projectile changes trajectory and why it's irrelevant.
    Deflection much 2, ignoring the balance part of my post.
    Deflection much 3, returning a question when confronted with new information you clearly weren't aware off and doesn't fit your story.

    Well I had hope for you but I guess I got my answers this way. I will take my Mystic Prime title and just wander away again. Have fuun~ "debating".

    Why does free aim/action combat get to do headshot damage and tab doesn't.? Because when you use tab combat you aren't aiming yourself rather the computer is doing it for you. You can get the chance for crits but if you don't want to use actual skills then why should you be rewarded for crits as if you're an action combat player? Unless you want intrepid to make each body part on a mob or character clickable?

    I'm not sure much they want to save on animation after the hybrid combat showcase. The reason why I'm against spells changing trajectory is because of how weird and unnatural it looks. When every spell is like that instead of just some spells that have a tracking ability it defeats the purpose of having pvp with action. That will just incentive people to play tab target because the game aims for you. Which goes back to my point as to why under such a system action combat should be able to hit crits more. It becomes a skill-based vs ease of use argument or risk/reward like steven likes to say. Also on the unnatural point, Steven has said in many videos talking about dyes that he wants them to look realistic. So how can he want realistic dyes but funky projectile movements? BTW I also touched on what my ideal tab targeting system would look like throughout these discussions if you want to read them.

    Tera is tab target in disguise? If that's your argument then that is something a lot of action combat people want. For the system Tera had which is laughable compared to Unreal Engine 5, I think the devs can do it. Also, Tera projectiles didn't really track unless a special skill was used to track the target. Even though there was tab targeting which I tried. If the target moved out of the way it was a miss. So sometimes you had to shoot where the target was going instead. If that was the case for ashes then I'm fine with that type of action combat. You started making arguments about auto which if you had read all of my posts you would know I don't mind auto-lock on characters. I just don't want the projectiles to track once they are cast and make 90-degree turns without them being special abilities. The characters themself can lock on to targets and track them. Tera had certain skills that could auto-track. Are you sure you played? Because I played for at least 3 years.

  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Another thing i dont get is why people
    Sathrago wrote: »
    God I hope we get the tab targeting from archeage the tab target was so precise and fluid. Plus some of the abilities like the new gunslinger have tight cones for targeting their attacks.

    If you dont like tab targeting you can choose to play all skill shots, just dont cry if it's harder because its skill based. Because remember you do have that choice in this game.

    So you agree tab is easier and doesn't take nearly as much skill as action?

    Great that means things need to be balanced accordingly to the skill involved.

    Hmm? When was this discussion ever about balance? The op was complaining that it didnt make sense for tab target ranged projectiles to curve.

    My point was that it's a hybrid game and you can freely gimp yourself by playing with all skill shot abilities if you want to. Just dont complain if it's harder to do.

    I don't mind tab target my problem is simply all abilities curving towards targets when it should be a miss. If you tab target me and once you cast your magic or shoot your arrow and I teleport out of the way as a mage. Does it make sense for that attack to curve in my direction? Or like what happened in one of the clips I posted. If you shoot at me while I'm on a mount and I steer my mount in a way to dodge your attack. Should that attack curve towards me? That is my one and only argument/issue. Hell, I wouldn't mind an increase in crits chance for tab targeting so long as that curve wasn't there.
  • Options
    Healing orbs should fly to their targets. I don't want my team mates dodge an attack and the healing spell too.
    And I want to cast them also while running in panic away. Because maybe the entire team is running in panic and I have to protect the one behind.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited September 2022
    LordBlank wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Another thing i dont get is why people
    Sathrago wrote: »
    God I hope we get the tab targeting from archeage the tab target was so precise and fluid. Plus some of the abilities like the new gunslinger have tight cones for targeting their attacks.

    If you dont like tab targeting you can choose to play all skill shots, just dont cry if it's harder because its skill based. Because remember you do have that choice in this game.

    So you agree tab is easier and doesn't take nearly as much skill as action?

    Great that means things need to be balanced accordingly to the skill involved.

    Hmm? When was this discussion ever about balance? The op was complaining that it didnt make sense for tab target ranged projectiles to curve.

    My point was that it's a hybrid game and you can freely gimp yourself by playing with all skill shot abilities if you want to. Just dont complain if it's harder to do.

    I don't mind tab target my problem is simply all abilities curving towards targets when it should be a miss. If you tab target me and once you cast your magic or shoot your arrow and I teleport out of the way as a mage. Does it make sense for that attack to curve in my direction? Or like what happened in one of the clips I posted. If you shoot at me while I'm on a mount and I steer my mount in a way to dodge your attack. Should that attack curve towards me? That is my one and only argument/issue. Hell, I wouldn't mind an increase in crits chance for tab targeting so long as that curve wasn't there.

    Well, thematically I see it as those abilities are too fast to dodge, so unless you hit an ability that causes you to block, parry, or dodge those abilities they will hit you. However I understand what you want. The issue is that the innate feature of tab targetting is that the skill will automatically fly at and hit the target. You can absolutely add limitations like facing, distance, and conal restrictions, but ultimately once that attack is completed the projectile mechanically has to path to the target until it arrives.
    I'm sure there is probably a way to program a hybridization of the two, but that basically creates a skill-shot that has no aiming, which would be absurdly easy to dodge at all times. It would work something like this. You tab to a target and hit your ability. The ability completes it's cast time and the projectile flies out to the targets current location traveling in a straight line through that location. You then give it a drop-off distance limitation and you effectively have a skill-shot that only works off of tab-targetting.

    Now, how on earth will you ever hit with such an ability? Unless such a skill has a large hitbox on it's projectile the chances someone just steps slightly to the left and dodges your attack are extremely high. Let alone just flat movement in combat as a whole. The only way such an ability hits is if the person is afk, casting a long-channeled spell, or Crowd-Controlled for long enough. If all tab-targetting skills where replaced with this, the game would be worse not better. I can see this as an appealing method to send out waves or large aoes towards a target but singular projectiles like arrows or bolts of magic, essentially your filler spells, just wouldn't be good for the game.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    Healing orbs should fly to their targets. I don't want my team mates dodge an attack and the healing spell too.
    And I want to cast them also while running in panic away. Because maybe the entire team is running in panic and I have to protect the one behind.

    I'm ok with this. Actually as far as healing, I don't think the orbs should travel rather you just be able to heal them instantly if they're within range or party. However who you heal and when is up to you.
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    LordBlank wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Another thing i dont get is why people
    Sathrago wrote: »
    God I hope we get the tab targeting from archeage the tab target was so precise and fluid. Plus some of the abilities like the new gunslinger have tight cones for targeting their attacks.

    If you dont like tab targeting you can choose to play all skill shots, just dont cry if it's harder because its skill based. Because remember you do have that choice in this game.

    So you agree tab is easier and doesn't take nearly as much skill as action?

    Great that means things need to be balanced accordingly to the skill involved.

    Hmm? When was this discussion ever about balance? The op was complaining that it didnt make sense for tab target ranged projectiles to curve.

    My point was that it's a hybrid game and you can freely gimp yourself by playing with all skill shot abilities if you want to. Just dont complain if it's harder to do.

    I don't mind tab target my problem is simply all abilities curving towards targets when it should be a miss. If you tab target me and once you cast your magic or shoot your arrow and I teleport out of the way as a mage. Does it make sense for that attack to curve in my direction? Or like what happened in one of the clips I posted. If you shoot at me while I'm on a mount and I steer my mount in a way to dodge your attack. Should that attack curve towards me? That is my one and only argument/issue. Hell, I wouldn't mind an increase in crits chance for tab targeting so long as that curve wasn't there.

    Well, thematically I see it as those abilities are too fast to dodge, so unless you hit an ability that causes you to block, parry, or dodge those abilities they will hit you. However I understand what you want. The issue is that the innate feature of tab targetting is that the skill will automatically fly at and hit the target. You can absolutely add limitations like facing, distance, and conal restrictions, but ultimately once that attack is completed the projectile mechanically has to path to the target until it arrives.
    I'm sure there is probably a way to program a hybridization of the two, but that basically creates a skill-shot that has no aiming, which would be absurdly easy to dodge at all times. It would work something like this. You tab to a target and hit your ability. The ability completes it's cast time and the projectile flies out to the targets current location traveling in a straight line through that location. You then give it a drop-off distance limitation and you effectively have a skill-shot that only works off of tab-targetting.

    Now, how on earth will you ever hit with such an ability? Unless such a skill has a large hitbox on it's projectile the chances someone just steps slightly to the left and dodges your attack are extremely high. Let alone just flat movement in combat as a whole. The only way such an ability hits is if the person is afk, casting a long-channeled spell, or Crowd-Controlled for long enough. If all tab-targetting skills where replaced with this, the game would be worse not better. I can see this as an appealing method to send out waves or large aoes towards a target but singular projectiles like arrows or bolts of magic, essentially your filler spells, just wouldn't be good for the game.

    I'm fine with those skills moving extremely fast. But if the target ((mainly for PVP)) can anticipate the skill caster use of that skill and dodge or parry right before the release of that skill then that's a miss or block. This will bring us to the risk/reward for action combat and create a skill floor. Those who are good at action combat will benefit from being able to meditate tab target attacks but a majority of people may end up utilizing the hybrid system and tab. Tab target users could benefit about 80% of the time from the almost instant travel time of abilities/hit but 20% of the time they could face someone in PVP who can predict their movement and block or dodge. Now you may ask how will the action combat user be able to predict the movement. The characters ofTab target users will be facing the target once a target is made and animation must be played out. It doesn't have to be a long animation. As someone who plays destiny 2 and other FPS on the side, a 0.3 to 1s cast is enough time to guess the attack and take action. After the animation plays out the attack fast travel towards the target(without curving) if the PVP user attack. Something like this shouldn't affect PvE unless you're facing a monster that is constantly teleporting. Like this annoying overload captain from destiny 2
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    LordBlank wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Another thing i dont get is why people
    Sathrago wrote: »
    God I hope we get the tab targeting from archeage the tab target was so precise and fluid. Plus some of the abilities like the new gunslinger have tight cones for targeting their attacks.

    If you dont like tab targeting you can choose to play all skill shots, just dont cry if it's harder because its skill based. Because remember you do have that choice in this game.

    So you agree tab is easier and doesn't take nearly as much skill as action?

    Great that means things need to be balanced accordingly to the skill involved.

    Hmm? When was this discussion ever about balance? The op was complaining that it didnt make sense for tab target ranged projectiles to curve.

    My point was that it's a hybrid game and you can freely gimp yourself by playing with all skill shot abilities if you want to. Just dont complain if it's harder to do.

    I don't mind tab target my problem is simply all abilities curving towards targets when it should be a miss. If you tab target me and once you cast your magic or shoot your arrow and I teleport out of the way as a mage. Does it make sense for that attack to curve in my direction? Or like what happened in one of the clips I posted. If you shoot at me while I'm on a mount and I steer my mount in a way to dodge your attack. Should that attack curve towards me? That is my one and only argument/issue. Hell, I wouldn't mind an increase in crits chance for tab targeting so long as that curve wasn't there.

    Well, thematically I see it as those abilities are too fast to dodge, so unless you hit an ability that causes you to block, parry, or dodge those abilities they will hit you. However I understand what you want. The issue is that the innate feature of tab targetting is that the skill will automatically fly at and hit the target. You can absolutely add limitations like facing, distance, and conal restrictions, but ultimately once that attack is completed the projectile mechanically has to path to the target until it arrives.
    I'm sure there is probably a way to program a hybridization of the two, but that basically creates a skill-shot that has no aiming, which would be absurdly easy to dodge at all times. It would work something like this. You tab to a target and hit your ability. The ability completes it's cast time and the projectile flies out to the targets current location traveling in a straight line through that location. You then give it a drop-off distance limitation and you effectively have a skill-shot that only works off of tab-targetting.

    Now, how on earth will you ever hit with such an ability? Unless such a skill has a large hitbox on it's projectile the chances someone just steps slightly to the left and dodges your attack are extremely high. Let alone just flat movement in combat as a whole. The only way such an ability hits is if the person is afk, casting a long-channeled spell, or Crowd-Controlled for long enough. If all tab-targetting skills where replaced with this, the game would be worse not better. I can see this as an appealing method to send out waves or large aoes towards a target but singular projectiles like arrows or bolts of magic, essentially your filler spells, just wouldn't be good for the game.

    Yo Sarth, here's a better video of annoying teleportation. https://youtu.be/ylEHYR1VQjY
  • Options
    SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited September 2022
    LordBlank wrote: »
    @LordBlank
    Custom heavy draw long bow should wind up being a lot cheaper than some rare heavy draw compound.
    Compounds are pretty practical though.

    Are long bows good for hunting?

    Holding the draw is not as easy with long bows and that's the only big difference I can think of.

    A used or even new 60 lb compound should be relatively cheap I guess. $100? Don't know. I think 60 lbs is good enough for hunting most game. Sharp arrow heads are more important.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euf2kMefMYg&listen=false
  • Options
    Ughhh not these threads again...
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.