Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freeholds P2W?

124»

Comments

• Options
    If someone here owns a freehold or multiple freeholds after launch...

please tip me in the tavern, because...

my broke-ass is just going to be exploring, and entertaining most of the time ;)

Just reading through this whole freehold discussion wore me out...no way I am doing that in the game, much less doing it twice!
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    worddog wrote: »
    Azherae wrote: »
    Veeshan wrote: »

Freeholds are not something that advance your character's abilities, weapons, armor, or in-game currency.

Which also explains why the first few replies in your thread were sarcastic.

Freeholds are literally the biggest thing in the game for processors. You literally cannot process certain resources without a freehold.

Why would you comment so strongly on something you know nothing about.

Chances are you can use other people free holds aswell for processing you might need to pay a tax to use them though but steven kinda want freehold from my understanding to bring people together and act as a social hub tp a degree. So im pretty sure if somone has a furnace on there freehold in some way or form other player will be able to use said furnaces or sawmill for a cost

Why would I want to rely on someone else's freehold when I could have my own.

REALLY not a believer in this whole 'division of labor and costs' thing, huh?

For YOU there is probably no reason, because that's your mentality. For four people I know, it saves them time, money, and worry about maintenance.

No reason to make it personal, I'm not talking about my own experience, I'm saying if owning multiple accounts to manage multiple freeholds provides an advantage then there are high level players that will do it.

For me, there is no need to own more than one freehold.
    This is my general plan for launch, with the limited information we have.
    (Obviously everything is subject to change)

Char 1: Mining + Herbalism
    Char 2: Metalworking + Alchemy
    Char 3: Armor smithing + Weapon smithing

My main will be a pure tank, and I'll be able to help supply my guild with consumables.

With only two processing trades, I should only need a single freehold.
    But for the crazy people who want to have all nine processing trades mastered, they may need another account for more freehold space.

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way.

My point is 'some players will do it' is not necessarily a negative because 'some players' will do nearly anything to avoid having to rely on other players.

I would GUESS that the goal is to make it so it is not the best plan unless you don't value 'the interaction with others'. So that people who are happy to leave things to others at least somewhat, don't have to worry about being denied an advantage OTHER THAN being self-sufficient.

In relation to the point specifically about 'owning a Freehold' for example, my friends can all use mine (assuming I am even the first one to get it, but I'm the Processor of my group so it is likely), and that's it. Why would they want to do that? Because it doesn't bother them, and getting their own is unnecessary time and work that they could devote to something else.

Actually I didn't think about how someone who owns multiple freeholds would still be able to kind of share that freehold with the community, so it's kind of pay to win but everybody wins I guess, so not really an issue.