Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Corruption Exploit

13»

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    @GullibleSkeptic
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Strevi wrote: »
    If the punishment for PKing is too harsh, no one will PK, if it isn't harsh enough, there will be (at the very minimum) a small amount of people who repeatedly PK and have a big negative impact on the community.

Spot on!

worddog wrote: »
    The only thing I've seen is maybe griefers will become bounty hunters? It might be more fun to go after reds than greens, but I can't predict the mind of a griefer as I am not one.

There's many kinds of people:
    - people who have this wrong view that killing gatheres over and over is bad, so they become antigankers
    - people who will be power tripping
    - people who likes the hunt
    - etc

What I would like to do?
    Gank people with my alt just to make it red... then the bounty hunters will use their pathfinding skill and detect where my red player is on the map. When they activate that skill it will make them instantly purple... so when they come after my red alt I can ambush them with my main who now can gank them because they are purple!

So I can gank bounty hunters!
    Write that down: when the game comes up there will be a thing called "corrupt baiting".

I'm so evil and smart!
    <3<3<3

You are not smart or evil you are the person who kills good games.
    Don't worry too much about it, they wouldn't ruin Ashes.

They would fairly soon find out that Bounty Hunters won't be hunting alone. They will also find that when they have their main go to attack that bounty hunter that is a combatant to their corrupt alt, that same bounty hunter will be a non-combatant to their non-combatant main - because activating Pathfinding only flags you for combat against corrupt players.

Players like the one you quoted simply aren't smart enough to ruin a game.
  • Options
    I believe that when you are Corrupted, you cannot log off for a specific time period. So, Run Forest, run....
    Also, as others have pointed out, there will be a bounty on anyone's head that goes Corrupt .. meaining .. Fresh meat for the wolves and/or hunting parties!
  • Options
    DarkTidesDarkTides Member
    edited October 2022
    Noaani wrote: »
    @GullibleSkeptic
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Strevi wrote: »
    If the punishment for PKing is too harsh, no one will PK, if it isn't harsh enough, there will be (at the very minimum) a small amount of people who repeatedly PK and have a big negative impact on the community.

Spot on!

worddog wrote: »
    The only thing I've seen is maybe griefers will become bounty hunters? It might be more fun to go after reds than greens, but I can't predict the mind of a griefer as I am not one.

There's many kinds of people:
    - people who have this wrong view that killing gatheres over and over is bad, so they become antigankers
    - people who will be power tripping
    - people who likes the hunt
    - etc

What I would like to do?
    Gank people with my alt just to make it red... then the bounty hunters will use their pathfinding skill and detect where my red player is on the map. When they activate that skill it will make them instantly purple... so when they come after my red alt I can ambush them with my main who now can gank them because they are purple!

So I can gank bounty hunters!
    Write that down: when the game comes up there will be a thing called "corrupt baiting".

I'm so evil and smart!
    <3<3<3

You are not smart or evil you are the person who kills good games.
    Don't worry too much about it, they wouldn't ruin Ashes.

They would fairly soon find out that Bounty Hunters won't be hunting alone. They will also find that when they have their main go to attack that bounty hunter that is a combatant to their corrupt alt, that same bounty hunter will be a non-combatant to their non-combatant main - because activating Pathfinding only flags you for combat against corrupt players.

Players like the one you quoted simply aren't smart enough to ruin a game.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Corruption

If a non-combatant attacks a corrupt player, the non-combatant will not flag as a combatant.[24]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bounty_hunters

Players can acquire the bounty hunter title through a quest available to citizens of Military Stage 4 (Town) nodes and potentially their vassals or affiliated nodes.[1][2]

Bounty hunters can activate their Pathfinding ability to reveal corrupted player locations on their map.[3][4]
    This will flag the bounty hunter for combat only to corrupted players for a period of one hour from the time of activation.[3]
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Always, Always have a dedicated Loot-Bearer for your Loot-Ring! Not neccesarily with you at all times, just have a Mop Up Crew, lets call them the: "Green New Deal" lol They will always try to remain green, so you can coordinate your death effectively, also avoiding them to accrue Corruption. Have them pick up and store your acquired goods. To later on share the wealth. Better to die from a friendly than a foe or even worst a greeny.
    Well, your friendly "mule" would have to pick up those goods before you are Corrupted because Corrupted can't trade.

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I believe that when you are Corrupted, you cannot log off for a specific time period. So, Run Forest, run....
    Also, as others have pointed out, there will be a bounty on anyone's head that goes Corrupt .. meaining .. Fresh meat for the wolves and/or hunting parties!

Latest info is 60 seconds.
    Personally I would like to see longer.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Darsh13Darsh13 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    The amount of corruption reduction from death could be directly proportional to the item level you are wearing at the time of death. There could also be a system in place that prevents red characters from removing equipment they have on for a period of time. There’s lots of ways to make sure this isn’t exploited.
  • Options
    Hey @Dygz. I believe you might have misunderstood. The Mop Up Crew are there to coordinate with you your death and loot ... to later on share the wealth (A type of Honor Among Thieves agreement should hopefully be in place ..- possibly friends or others with the common goal).
    There has to be an acknowledgement that these folks cant be in the same guild, party, etc.. thus the agreement part. I would assume you will start to see these interactions among the groups and/or Guilds that plan to be Corrupted.

Cant wait for A2 ....
  • Options
    @Bloodprophet You are Correct. There is a 60 seconds timer to log out while corrupt. The AOC-Wiki also states that players cannot log out while flagged as combatants which to me makes no sense.
    You can wait 60 seconds to log out while corrupt (evading your due punishment), but you cannot log out when flagged as a combatant? I believe that could be a typo or something that was just communicated in error. They could have just meant while a player is in combat aka flagged or something in that line. If not, that should be something that definitively needs to be addressed...

Hopefully Steven can provide clarity and/or update to the Wiki.

I will continue to say it! Cant wait for A2!

Have a good one all!
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Bloodprophet You are Correct. There is a 60 seconds timer to log out while corrupt. The AOC-Wiki also states that players cannot log out while flagged as combatants which to me makes no sense.
    You can wait 60 seconds to log out while corrupt (evading your due punishment), but you cannot log out when flagged as a combatant? I believe that could be a typo or something that was just communicated in error. They could have just meant while a player is in combat aka flagged or something in that line. If not, that should be something that definitively needs to be addressed...

Have a good one all!

You only stay flagged for 60 seconds after doing PvP then you turn back to green.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    PapaWhiskeyPapaWhiskey Member
    edited October 2022
    Combatant (purple)
    Players are flagged as combatants if they attack another (non-corrupted) player when carrying out a forced attack. If the attacked player fights back, they are also flagged as combatants, otherwise the attacked player will remain flagged as a non-combatant.[55][19]
    This also applies to attacks made by combat pets, summons, or any other player-controlled entities.[3][56]
    Non-combatants entering an open world battleground (PvP event) are automatically flagged as combatants and remain flagged for a period of time after leaving that battleground.[8]
    Non-combatants who heal, buff, or otherwise (positively) interact with combatants or corrupted players will be flagged as combatants.[57][20][21]
    Players can kill combatants without repercussions, and are encouraged to do so, since dying while a combatant has reduced death penalties.[19]
    Players are not able to manually set their flagging status to combatant.[55]
    Players remain flagged for a period of 90 seconds following their most recent attack on a non-combatant or another combatant.[58]
    Players cannot log out while flagged as combatants.[59]

Corrupted (red)
    If a combatant player, or their summon, kills a non-combatant player, the player's character will be flagged as corrupted.[3][4]
    Corruption multiplies death penalties and reveals a corrupted player's location to bounty hunters.[4]
    A player’s corruption score increases with each non-combatant player killed.[8]
    If a non-combatant attacks a corrupt player, the non-combatant will not flag as a combatant.[19]
    Corrupted players may kill bounty hunters without acquiring additional corruption score.[24]
    There is a 60 second timer to logout while corrupt.[59]
  • Options

Have a good one all!

thats to prevent you from logging off if you are purple. like if you attacked someone and then you realize they are too strong for you, you can not just run for 10 seconds, be out of combat and log off. accept your death :D

also, remember that greens wont become purple after attacking reds. so if you attack a red and he is too strong for you, you can still run for maybe 10 seconds and be out of combat and log off. more advantages for the carebears .-.