Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Release dates would be awesome.

13»

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That's game time after release. That's nothing to do with a2 length mate.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    A2 can be long but who pays for servers to stay online?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Steven and Intrepid do. Much like other game studios I've alphad and betad for. The devs are lucky so many of us have bought in.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2023
    Strevi wrote: »

they had servers for the battle royale open for a while, this is a non-issue, people like me will continue to support the game, I've already spent like 2k in cosmetics lol
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    NyftieNyftie Member
    Flucke wrote: »
    I love paying almost $400 and we can’t even get ballpark estimate on alpha and beta release dates…

Didnt you just joined? You didnt pay anything.

how does just joining have anything to do with intrepaid studios taking my payment in full? they money came out of my bank account. looks to me like i did buy something
  • Options
    The devs are lucky so many of us have bought in.

I am a bit confused. While i get your Point, i think i heard a few Times that the Game is successfully funded by Crowdfunding Campaigns, is it not ?

But also here - jeah i hope that many Players have for Example bought themselves into the Opportunity to serve as Testers - and hence also play the Game a little bit earlier or so,

that i hope made some noticeable Difference in how well the Game is financed even before Launch/Release and monthly Subscriptions.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Nyftie wrote: »
    I love paying almost $400 and we can’t even get ballpark estimate on alpha and beta release dates…

how does just joining have anything to do with intrepaid studios taking my payment in full? they money came out of my bank account. looks to me like i did buy something

Did you really just come back to the forum over a year later to post this? lol
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    That’s one hell of a dramatic pause.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nyftie wrote: »

You bought a support pack - as in, you paid to support the development of the game.

If I paid to support the development of the game and it then came out shortly after, I would feel ripped off.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 16
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    The devs are lucky so many of us have bought in.

I am a bit confused. While i get your Point, i think i heard a few Times that the Game is successfully funded by Crowdfunding Campaigns, is it not ?

But also here - jeah i hope that many Players have for Example bought themselves into the Opportunity to serve as Testers - and hence also play the Game a little bit earlier or so,

that i hope made some noticeable Difference in how well the Game is financed even before Launch/Release and monthly Subscriptions.

This is a bit of community spin. The "crowdfunding" consisted of Kickstarter campaign in 2017 followed by a "Summer backing" that mirrored it because some had complained that Paypal and some EU payment options were not available on Kickstarter. That, after KS fees got them around 3 million. At that time (and since) Steven has said the game is fully funded to release with the majority of the extra needed being funded by him.

Then we get to supporter package sales from their store website and addon cosmetics. As of Jan 2023 Steven is quoted with an "over 100k backers with A2 in their packages" and current community estimates put that number more likely around 150k with sales up until they closed them in the time after. If you just go with a conservative of only $250 per package sold, remove the 20k packages that were covered under KS/Summer, and ignore individual cosmetic addon purchase after a package has been obtained as irrelevant, then you get to something of say another 35 million on top of that.

Intrepid's "monthly nut" when the studio was much smaller was exposed through their applications during covid for PPP loans. (public information available to anyone who wants to take the time to search) which they list their operating costs, number of employees (at that time) and others. California now makes companies by law list their salary ranges for jobs listed. We know around how many employees they have, what they are paying them on average, (starting wages, not increases to those that have been there for years or possible higher compensation packages offered to those with more and better experience) and their health insurance, probably pension plans, and other benefits that companies offer. What this all means is that more is being spent than was taken in through "crowdfunding" or package sales. So Steven's statements of him personally funding it to completion ring true. Now you can conspiracy theory all you like, doesn't change that the game keeps getting made, monthly live updates are put out, and increasing progress is made on systems of all types if you take a snapshot of footage released from A0 till now.

south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Holy necro, this is from 2022! That's gotta be a record...

Anyway, I heard from an inside source that A2 will launch in Q3 2024. So there ya go, but don't tell anyone, I don't want to get in trouble
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Scroll down the page to where it says "Alpha 2 Availability"
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2
  • Options
    edited March 18
    Liniker wrote: »

they had servers for the battle royale open for a while, this is a non-issue, people like me will continue to support the game, I've already spent like 2k in cosmetics lol

You taking sugarbaby applications?

vm6kd7bh632k.gif
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Liniker wrote: »

You taking sugarbaby applications?

vm6kd7bh632k.gif

New pack day used to be the shiz

ftbwt3vn97dg.gif

lsb9nxihx5vc.png