Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How about damaging gear in the inventory too upon death?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited April 2023
    Noaani wrote: »
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    Having no damage to gear in the invetory render useless having caravans for hauling finished items
    Caravans aren't for hauling finished items.
    There's also the min-maxers scourge apparently, with multiple sets of high tier gear in their bags, not only for farming gold more efficiently while having no risk, but also preventing the consequences of storage destruction
    No, you will farm less efficiently.

Since storage space in Ashes is to be somewhat limited, and since all methods of farming gold will require storage space, the most efficient means of farming gold will require an empty inventory.
    Big guilds won't even need a caravan, they will avoid this pvp event just by running a pack of naked level 1s with all the good stuff.

Players could offer hauling services running bots with naked level 1s alts
    Explain to me the reason why an alt would be used here.

Sure, the naked part I understand - it is misguided, but I understand your reasoning. The alt part literally makes no sense though, not from the perspective of this discussion at least.

Player caravans are afaik, those are little different and they even morph into ships an traverse water
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2023
    Noaani wrote: »
    Having no damage to gear in the invetory render useless having caravans for hauling finished items
    Caravans aren't for hauling finished items.
    There's also the min-maxers scourge apparently, with multiple sets of high tier gear in their bags, not only for farming gold more efficiently while having no risk, but also preventing the consequences of storage destruction
    No, you will farm less efficiently.

Since storage space in Ashes is to be somewhat limited, and since all methods of farming gold will require storage space, the most efficient means of farming gold will require an empty inventory.
    Big guilds won't even need a caravan, they will avoid this pvp event just by running a pack of naked level 1s with all the good stuff.

Players could offer hauling services running bots with naked level 1s alts
    Explain to me the reason why an alt would be used here.

Sure, the naked part I understand - it is misguided, but I understand your reasoning. The alt part literally makes no sense though, not from the perspective of this discussion at least.

Player caravans are afaik, those are little different and they even morph into ships an traverse water

They are for moving raw materials and/or processed materials. Not finished products.

That isn't to say you can't, just that it isn't the design intent.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We should be mindful to not solve problems which do not exist yet, as we do not have access to A2 to even call them a problem.

• Options
    Veeshan wrote: »
    if i know i will die i could unequip my gear and save some money, i would feel i am cheating

there was one game i played where you kept inventory but dropped your equiped gear and people would just strip when they think there gonna die was kinda fked i forgot the game though it was years ago was changed after awhile though where you couldn unequip thing while in combat

Let me sneak in this talk lol, Idk which game you are refering to, but I think when I played multiplayer Diablo 2 this was the case. Because you can swap weapons, then this offers a layer of safety to your best gear.

There was a game that this was the case, I'm not sure if it was Diablo 2, maybe it was

that one i refered to was an asian game like 15 years ago but i forgot its name didnt play it for very long there was also darkfall where it was full loot and when you raided an enemy player city it was fairly common place to see all the inhabitants quickly running the the bank and stripping naked bank everything and pull out a shit low dura staff and like a tiny amount of reagents to cast spell to defend there city with :P cause they didnt wanna loose there shit and spell regs were cheap. Darkfall ended up putting a cast time to unequip gear to stop the running to the bank to strip naked when you got the message that a person entered your city.
  • Options
    I don't see any reason to expand the money and material sink on death any further before the Alpha 2.

Furthermore, this would almost exclusively increase the burden on adventurers and people participating in PvP as an artisan in the city only has to bring the freshly crafted gear down the road to the auction house while others looting gear "outside" which is already worse than crafted gear will be further punished by bringing the inferior gear back in an even worse state.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    This is not something you just chuck into a game, all systems need to be designed around it. If that is the case, great. If not, please dont just chuck this in willy nilly.