Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Throne & Liberty : finaly so different (edit)

Comments

• Options
    KorvisKorvis Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Heljy wrote: »
    "Get out fast AoC or you’ll be overtaken by Throne & Liberty" I’ve seen this comment many times. now I’m sure these two games don’t have much to do with it.

TOL will end up just like BDO...It will surge in numbers in the beginning but eventually die off and keep a small player base that will be able to produce enough pay to win cash to support exactly what the game was intended to do in the first place

o2h3grud0nm8.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Same for Ashes - except for the P2W.
    And Ashes will mostly likely retain significantly fewer players than BDO.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Same for Ashes - except for the P2W.
    And Ashes will mostly likely retain significantly fewer players than BDO.

How many servers BDO has? And players / server?
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For those who track this:

I thought I'd mentioned it in this thread, but I expected that when TL got their 'your combat is bad' reaction, that they would 'pull some levers' and switch the game over to a more fluid 'split body' type of content with more similarities to Ashes.

I did not expect that they would also make some other changes such as removing the autohunting and improving the PvE specifically as well as changing the dungeon and skill flows.

I've said prior that TL only becomes competition for Ashes if the combat changes in one of the two games dramatically. This has now happened. I still don't think it will be proper competition, but at least it will be a nicer way to pass the time than previously expected for some, and a more fitting MMORPG home for some others.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Changes look good, though still have to wait til next year to build the hype train back up for my guild.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Changes look good, though still have to wait til next year to build the hype train back up for my guild.

But how is the hype for AoC in your guild?
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »

But how is the hype for AoC in your guild?

That is easy work lol, But game needs to be finished before we can play it. Good handful of us already have alpha 2, though not everyone is going to be buying that.
  • Options
    tl got better ngl
    but aoc will be my main mmorpg anyways :3
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It has improved a lot since its first reveal.

Not much to criticize about it now other than it is currently very much PTW and interested to see if their global release follows suit.

It has some great ideas that I hope inspire AOC
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Have they announced a global(US) release date...quarter yet?
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited December 2023
    Mobile game like T and L has no chance vs Ashes. Different market, different game. When I say no chance. I'm sure T and L will have its followers. The market that Ashes is looking to capture, is not looking for a game like T and L.
  • Options
    im actually having lots of fun playing T&L :3
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    9ae10hnmb3c3.gif
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    9ae10hnmb3c3.gif

ty kind sir :3
  • Options
    Looks like the same nonsense as lineage 2 as it is essentially lineage eternal renamed to Throne and Liberty.

Surprise! ... lol
  • Options
    Looks like the same nonsense as lineage 2 as it is essentially lineage eternal renamed to Throne and Liberty.

Surprise! ... lol

Sadly far from reality, i wish they could capture atleast 10% of what made Lineage 2 the game it was.

The closest thing to Lineage 2 there is some monsters and weapons designs improved from it.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options

Surprise! ... lol

Sadly far from reality, i wish they could capture atleast 10% of what made Lineage 2 the game it was.

The closest thing to Lineage 2 there is some monsters and weapons designs improved from it.

Not that far from my perspective lol. Both crap.
  • Options
    edited January 1

Surprise! ... lol

You might add Ashes as third considering it is has much more "L2" in it than TL.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options

Surprise! ... lol

You might add Ashes as third considering it is has much more "L2" in it than TL.

I know ashes is influenced from TTG/Pathfinder, Lineage 2/Archeage... Who doesn't know that. Doesn't change the fact that lineage 2 was overrated and TL isn't much different especially in a side by side comparison with combat gameplay then vs now.
  • Options
    edited January 1

Surprise! ... lol

I know ashes is influenced from TTG/Pathfinder, Lineage 2/Archeage... Who doesn't know that. Doesn't change the fact that lineage 2 was overrated and TL isn't much different especially in a side by side comparison with combat gameplay then vs now.

Having now properly tested TL's combat i can say with confidence that it's combat even if somewhat flashier is far more shallow in terms of complexity than Lineage 2(H5) Combat was even with the current "freer" movement addition. (which is a given considering the amount of skills, mechanics and classes each game has).

Well then, may the L2's aspects present in Ashes not ruin the game for you, i guess.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    edited January 1

Surprise! ... lol

Having now properly tested TL's combat i can say with confidence that it's combat even if somewhat flashier is far more shallow in terms of complexity than Lineage 2(H5) Combat was even with the current "freer" movement addition. (which is a given considering the amount of skills and classes each game has).

Well them, may the L2's aspects present in Ashes not ruin the game for you, i guess.

That's fair. I've been watching lineage eternal.. I mean Throne and Liberty.. as it developed. Lineage 2 was nothing special to me. I wouldn't say there was much depth or complexity by having more ability options you rarely use vs tangential utilisation and functionality.

The combat in ashes has been a roller coaster from expectations to reality in my perspective. I'm quite sceptical about it being engaging enough for me. Makes me especially not want to throw money away to "test" something I would be bored of just to not want to play it at launch for much less money. Will have to see how much the next stream displays for potentially engaging combat foresight or if it's just another combat system over hyped.

EDIT:

Regardless of pvp or pve, even the Tumok fight looked pretty dull even though they said they weren't going for complexity but displaying how they wanted to present world bosses overall. Most of the players just spammed from range archetypes. I say looked because I personally don't know how it feels to play it but I doubt it will get the blood pumping with excitement.
  • Options
    T&L is not a real game. It's designed around your wallet. Want to keep crafting, pay money. Want to catch up to your friends, pay money. Want to win more in PvP, pay money. If IS keep their promise. You pay a sub for Ashes, you will be on even footing with everyone else. With Ashes, you want to advance, play the game.
  • Options
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    T&L is not a real game. It's designed around your wallet. Want to keep crafting, pay money. Want to catch up to your friends, pay money. Want to win more in PvP, pay money. If IS keep their promise. You pay a sub for Ashes, you will be on even footing with everyone else. With Ashes, you want to advance, play the game.

Yep, let's hope that Ashes doesn't devolve into the same (via multiboxing and guild gating).

TL could be balanced out if it was Pay Or Play, but in the end 'porque no los dos', which is what we'll get from F2P games in general.

• Options

wait what? how? lol
  • Options

wait what? how? lol

Unless it's changed, crafting had a sta bar you can pay RL money to refill. Or wait a very long time. RL money on the East copy, everything can be boosted with money. They say the west copy will be different but Amazon said the same thing with Lost Ark but we know how that turned out. I do hope they made big changes but I am not holding my breath.
  • Options

wait what? how? lol

Unless it's changed, crafting had a sta bar you can pay RL money to refill. Or wait a very long time. RL money on the East copy, everything can be boosted with money. They say the west copy will be different but Amazon said the same thing with Lost Ark but we know how that turned out. I do hope they made big changes but I am not holding my breath.

huh. its not like that lol
  • Options

wait what? how? lol

huh. its not like that lol

I know the removed the auto play but your confirming they have removed all the P2W elements? If so I will take a deep dive tomorrow.
  • Options
    Just did a quick search, you can buy a type of gems with RL money that you can use to buy the best gear in the game. Pass.
  • Options
    Just did a quick search, you can buy a type of gems with RL money that you can use to buy the best gear in the game. Pass.

Not to try to change your opinion, but for others' note...

This is a huge oversimplification and if you have any tolerance for 'P2W', one should check it themselves.