Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Ashen Forge 100th episode with Steven - You have any questions?

Comments

• Options
    RatzuRatzu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Another question:

When a node is destroyed, do freeholds that were tied to that node as the source of the permit that created the freehold attach to the nearest node, does the freehold owner have a choice of what node to connect with, or does it simply get destroyed?
    Final5.png
  • Options
    Which Artisan class will craft bags?
  • Options
    Can greifers go onto your freehold and block the entrance to your house or tavern and never let you enter or exit the buildings unless you go red to kill them?
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can greifers go onto your freehold and block the entrance to your house or tavern and never let you enter or exit the buildings unless you go red to kill them?

No. You can knock them out of the way as part of collision system.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    VoeltzVoeltz Member
    During the slide show portion of last stream, there appeared to be an arena on the Freehold in the concept art or maybe some kind of fortification with walls. Can you tell us about that?
  • Options
    OngfrnocapOngfrnocap Member
    edited July 2023
    Are there going to be any visual elements to discern the node, node ZoI or node alliance that random passerby players belong to?

Different icons, a footnote under their nickname, name colour patterns, or any sort of distinction for name display.
  • Options
    BlipBlip Member
    Will you have to re-bid on a Freehold plot if your node is destroyd?
  • Options
    Since freeholds were massively reworked and are now considered an expensive privilege...

Has this changed how freeholds work when successfully sieged? So you still get to keep your blueprints and "talent" progression? What about farms and animals? Do you still get the 2 hour defend window?
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    YouOweMeCookiYouOweMeCooki Member
    edited July 2023
    What are the limitations when it comes down to moving buildings/farms on our freehold?
    - Are we able to move them at any time without a cost if want to reorganize/add new buildings (aka playing tetris) or will some process be lost (having to reseed your plants) or even having to rebuild it from scratch.
    - After confirmation, will everyone be moved outside the freehold area similar to node upgrades?
    People only believe in the beautiful view behind the tunnel, if they walk into the light at the end of the tunnel to see it for themselves.
  • Options
    when you bid for a freehold plot
    1. do you bid for a specific one?
    2. what currency is used to place the bid?
  • Options
    Thanks for taking questions!

Similar to the mendelian inheritance of animal husbandry being best in freeholds, will gatherers find the best crops to be mendelianly modified crops on their freehold?
  • Options
    Top wrote: »
    It was stated that the time for a node to achieve level 3 was a few days.

It was also stated that the time for a player to hit level 50 was 45 days (if playing 4-6 hour / day)

As you need to be level 50 to unlock the freehold quest,
    can you explain the philosophy why the gameplay surrounding freehold will be delayed at launch?

Yeah, my question was why the Level 50 restriction on Freeholds. Would be good to get an answer. :)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023
    The real question I have is: WTF?

But that's not very constructive, so here goes:
    When you say players can do up to journeyman processing in the nodes, what does that mean exactly? Does that translate to a certain item level or a certain item rarity, or both? And does it include animal husbandry and faming?
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »

When you say players can do up to journeyman processing in the nodes, what does that mean exactly? Does that translate to a certain item level or a certain item rarity, or both? And does it include animal husbandry and faming?

You might want to look at this article: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Artisan_progression
    Also, Animal Husbandry and Farming are both part of the Processing professions so you'll need a freehold (or permission) to process things that are only for Master or Grandmaster level of mastery within that field. You should be able to use node stations to process up to Journeyman just like you could use Crafting stations from the Crafting professions on freeholds up to Journeyman level.
    People only believe in the beautiful view behind the tunnel, if they walk into the light at the end of the tunnel to see it for themselves.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

You might want to look at this article: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Artisan_progression
    Also, Animal Husbandry and Farming are both part of the Processing professions so you'll need a freehold (or permission) to process things that are only for Master or Grandmaster level of mastery within that field. You should be able to use node stations to process up to Journeyman just like you could use Crafting stations from the Crafting professions on freeholds up to Journeyman level.

Yes, thank you. :smile: I've read that and that's what prompted the questions, because they aren't actually answered by the Wiki. For example, are there node "stations" for farming and animal husbandry? As in, communal farmland and stables? Or is it only the in-node housing that provides a little land, should you be one of the rare individuals with one of those.
  • Options
    SlightlyGrimSlightlyGrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023
    How will players be able to utilize their freehold space for Scribing? example: Will I need woodcutting / a lumbermill to make paper and so forth.
  • Options
    Will players be able to choose different / more organic footprints for their freehold plot so they're not all rectangles?

Will different types of walls be available to construct for greater freehold privacy and protection?

Can freeholds built against the ocean or lakes be able to place part of the plot over the water to farm sea vegetation, fish, or have a launching dock for a fishing dinghy?

Has the team explored other non-tradeable currencies with which to acquire freeholds besides gold to prevent currency funneling and market strangleholds from large guilds?

Thanks!
  • Options
    YouOweMeCookiYouOweMeCooki Member
    edited July 2023

Yes, thank you. :smile: I've read that and that's what prompted the questions, because they aren't actually answered by the Wiki. For example, are there node "stations" for farming and animal husbandry? As in, communal farmland and stables? Or is it only the in-node housing that provides a little land, should you be one of the rare individuals with one of those.

"Royal stables are a type of building in Ashes of Creation.[1]

- Castles come with a royal stables.[1]
    - Mayors can choose to build royal stables within their node. Once chosen, the community will need to build the stables through quests.[1]
    - Royal mounts must be mounted in a royal stables in order to fly.[1]

The royal mounts will be the only class of mounts that can fully fly in the world; and they are will be needed to be mounted while in a royal stables. Royal stables are a building that can be built in a node if elected to be built by the mayor and supported by the community building it up through the quests to do so; and castles come with a royal stable as well. So once you have a royal stable and you become that Mayor or King or Queen, you may then mount the creature there and then take it wherever you wish.[1] – Steven Sharif"
    Source: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Royal_stables

Not sure about farming but I do believe every profession should be doable in nodes. Only Master/Grandmaster will be restricted at certain systems likes nodes and freeholds.
  • Options

"Royal stables are a type of building in Ashes of Creation.[1]

- Castles come with a royal stables.[1]
    - Mayors can choose to build royal stables within their node. Once chosen, the community will need to build the stables through quests.[1]
    - Royal mounts must be mounted in a royal stables in order to fly.[1]

The royal mounts will be the only class of mounts that can fully fly in the world; and they are will be needed to be mounted while in a royal stables. Royal stables are a building that can be built in a node if elected to be built by the mayor and supported by the community building it up through the quests to do so; and castles come with a royal stable as well. So once you have a royal stable and you become that Mayor or King or Queen, you may then mount the creature there and then take it wherever you wish.[1] – Steven Sharif"
    Source: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Royal_stables

Not sure about farming but I do believe every profession should be doable in nodes. Only Master/Grandmaster will be restricted at certain systems likes nodes and freeholds.

It would be cool if those stables can be used for animal husbandry by the citizens for sure. But we still need a confirmation from Steven if that's the case.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2023
    Another question for Steven;

It seems Intrepid plan on fighting RMT in part by flagging suspect transactions. How will Intrepid differentiate a transaction between players that is RMT based, and a transaction between players that is for protection, or for espionage - or other agreements made out of game but requiring a very one sided in game fund trade?
  • Options
    SjeldenSjelden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ace1234 wrote: »
    ... 1001 questions...

This post is the best argument for the "one question per post" rule I have ever seen.
    Well done, I guess.
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited July 2023
    What happens to a freehold if the node is destroyed and you successfully defend it in the 2 hour vunerability window (assuming thats still a thing) will you own/keep the freehold without a town attatched to it and will it be tax free till the node ranks up to level 3 again :p
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Veeshan wrote: »
    What happens to a freehold if the node is destroyed and you successfully defend it in the 2 hour vunerability window (assuming thats still a thing) will you own/keep the freehold without a town attatched to it and will it be tax free till the node ranks up to level 3 again :p

We already know the answer to this.
  • Options
    Hello Steven,

I would like to ask how the Dual Wielding weapons will work in Ashes of Creation and will there be Legendary Dual Wield Weapons.
    Can we craft Legendary Dual weapons and would be possible to get a Legendary Dual weapon dropped from a raid boss or anything else except from crafting and will those Dual Weapons have their own Progression Path(Weapon skill tree)?

Thank you!
    dvrm2vh34f32.png
  • Options
    You've mentioned how some goods will only be located in certain areas/biomes in Verra. Spinning off this, will farming, whether it is crops or live stock, be affected by the areas they are grown in to add to this element of scarcity. This question came up with concerns if seeds/livestock will just need to be introduced to an area of the map before losing that element of scarcity around specific farmables, or if it may end up being better to haul the goods with a caravan if they are grown quicker in certain environments.
    y2LVduw.png
  • Options
    Hey Steven, I would like to know What sort of cross-play the fishing(gathering) and Fishery plots on Freeholds will have. For instance could I go out, catch a rare fish species/aquatic mount, and then farm/breed it in the fishery?
    5000x1000px_sathrago_commission_ravenjuu_1.jpg?ex=665ce6c0&is=665b9540&hm=1fa03cbbd9ea4d641eaf4ca6f133d013d392b1968d6ca9add7d433259c509d09&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Veeshan wrote: »

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Freehold_destructibility
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What is the max number of processing stations you can have in a freehold? or what is the total number of buildings you can have?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023
    At what point will Dygz stop playing the game?

will it be Beta 2? or the live launch? It is such a mystery. he has stated SO MANY TIMES that he will not play the game, I am just curious at what point it will come into effect? Looking forward to insight on this . If you need any references into the MANY MANY times he has committed to not playing the live version of this game, just let me know. I don't want this to be interpreted as a personal attack, which is sometimes enforced as an offence worthy of banning at certain times on this forum, I would NEVER do that (again), it is just an honest question about something that appears to make absolutely no sense in reality to me.

• Options
    will buffs in AOC be as mandatory as they were in L2? and if so, will one bard per party (regardless of 2nd archetype chosen) be enough to provide the full party with the buffs they need, or will we need to have more than one bard per party for that? this is excluding buffs provided by other archetypes.