Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Ashen Forge 100th episode with Steven - You have any questions?

Comments

• Options
    LaetitianLaetitian Member
    edited July 2023
    Fantmx wrote: »
    Liniker wrote: »
    What is the max number of processing stations you can have in a freehold? or what is the total number of buildings you can have?

I had already planned to ask this is I can ☺️

Pretty sure they made it very explicit in the freehold devupdate that they don't want to go into detail on discussing these numbers before alpha 2, since for now what matters is discussing the concepts as a whole, not the specifics.
    (Re-iterating at this point that this thread has been closed for interview question submissions, sorry if my response makes things messy. All of Fantmx's final responses are at the bottom of the previous thread page.)
    No one but yourself can validate you for all the posts you *didn't* write.
  • Options
    I want to thank everyone for your questions. Across all sites we had a ton of great questions sent in. We do unfortunately only get an hour or so with Steven. We will do our very best to add in as many community questions as possible. You will also find that for several of your questions, we had already planned to ask them.

For those of you that have not watched us before we do take more of a conversational approach rather than a strict interview, so who knows where we will end up. :smiley:

We will see you all tomorrow!

damn an hour with Steven is basically just 10 questions =x
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello! I have two questions. How long till beta testing? Also not sure if it has been discussed but has there been discussion of caravans? Could you have something like a gypsy wagon that could traverse? Maybe have gathering and refining tools with it. It would be a nomadic lifestyle subject to bandits (pvp possibly). I see that we will have ships so I was thinking along the same lines as what a ship could do, but it would be a wagon instead.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    Will boss drops drop items and if so how do they compare with craftable counterparts?
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    rocsekrocsek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I think this was talked about a good while ago. How is the quality of gatherables being implemented, or is it? I thought at one time there was going to be a call back to how SWG did their resources with stats on the resource itself, and better quality resources would make better quality products. Future Grandmaster gatherers want to know.
    Kaos & Lace Cartel
    "Come join us as you wont like the taste of the Grapefruits we're throwing at our enemies."

"Never settle for what you think you know" - C. Krauthammer
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi,

If your still checking out this thread, I have questions on how ashes will make content creator support better.

- Will there be a streaming mode, which helps hide critical information to make stream sniping harder to pull off.

- Will there be a screenshot mode, for creators that like to create more static content, such as custom character or custom group poses, art and photoshop edits.

- Will there be some way in game to create a character profile content. Where we can write and share our backstory, link screenshots or fanart too.
  • Options
    Will we be able to develop massive cities? Like say a guild has incentives that make crafters want to move to their node. Can we keep developing into a massive city? Like a city-state with our own army?
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2023
    imagine how much better it would have been if the team interviewing Steven actually believed in the project. The Theory Forge guys dont. Sad days.

prove me wrong. go!
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    [quote="Abarat;c-408
    Abarat wrote: »
    imagine how much better it would have been if the team interviewing Steven actually believed in the project. The Theory Forge guys dont. Sad days.

prove me wrong. go!

This was a conversation for our 100th show. Thank you for watching even if you didn't enjoy it. We certainly did and appreciate @StevenSharif for spending time with us. That was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    honestly, calling me out at this point almost seems like you agree with me. Dygz does not love this game. Neurotoxin is incredibly (and gloriously ) hard to read.

It did not come across as that you love this game concept. Why? Because you do not love this game concept. You are trying, for some reason I cannot fathom, to keep that a secret.

I would love to know why...
  • Options
    [quote="Abarat;c-408

prove me wrong. go!

This was a conversation for our 100th show. Thank you for watching even if you didn't enjoy it. We certainly did and appreciate @StevenSharif for spending time with us. That was a lot of fun!

I enjoyed it. Thanks Fantmx. I remember you from years ago with a different name. Glad to see you. Hopefully you remember mine. Look forward to seeing you in game.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think there is no secret that I don't love the current game design.
    I dunno why that matters.
    There are numerous features and mechanics in the game design that I like.

I was still able to get Steven to join us on cam for a Q&A.
    We gathered up some questions from the Forums and Reddit and Twitter and Discord.
    When the livestream chat didn't like the questions we were asking, we asked Steven questions from chat.

I don't have to love the current game design to hope that the people who do love the game design have tons of fun playing it. And, I don't have to love the game to try to get some answers from Steven for the people who do love the game.
    Again... that is the CARE part of being a carebear.
    I don't have to love the game myself to love the Ashes fans who do love the game.
    I don't have to love the game to continue to support its development and the current direction of the design.
    I don't like the design enough for me to play it after launch.
  • Options

I enjoyed it. Thanks for hosting it. Good info.

Kaos & Lace Cartel
    "Come join us as you wont like the taste of the Grapefruits we're throwing at our enemies."

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Dygz wrote: »

i believe you. But, it really, really, really, really does.
  • Options
    Ravicus wrote: »
    [quote="Abarat;c-408

prove me wrong. go!

I enjoyed it. Thanks Fantmx. I remember you from years ago with a different name. Glad to see you. Hopefully you remember mine. Look forward to seeing you in game.

Thank you and most definitely we will see each other in game.
  • Options
    rocsek wrote: »

I enjoyed it. Thanks for hosting it. Good info.

Appreciate your words
  • Options
    @Fantmx So in the twitch stream they mentioned that a freehold owner can give you permission to advance past tier 3 which you can get from the public crafting stations. So once you have mastered the profession in the freehold can you use the public crafting tables as grandmaster or do the public tables limit you?
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    honestly, calling me out at this point almost seems like you agree with me. Dygz does not love this game. Neurotoxin is incredibly (and gloriously ) hard to read.

It did not come across as that you love this game concept. Why? Because you do not love this game concept. You are trying, for some reason I cannot fathom, to keep that a secret.

My friend, I am not sure if you know what a smile is or what it means but I had one on my face for nearly the entire show. I look forward to Verra being my home years to come, when it is ready that is.
  • Options
    Ravicus wrote: »
    @Fantmx So in the twitch stream they mentioned that a freehold owner can give you permission to advance past tier 3 which you can get from the public crafting stations. So once you have mastered the profession in the freehold can you use the public crafting tables as grandmaster or do the public tables limit you?

That is a great question. My guess is that you will always have to use the freehold stations for grandmaster crafting.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2023

The only way it would matter is if you want all of the content you consume about the game to basically be an echo chamber.

I'm not fan of Dygz (I'm sure he'll agree), and I've not watched the livestream. However, having people who are not fans of the game talking about the game with the creator of the game is as important to the community at large as having people talking to Steven that love the game.

Keep in mind as well, Steven does a lot of interviews. There have been many conducted by people that are really in to the game - including The Ashen Forge several years ago.
  • Options

You don't have to "Love" something to enjoy talking about it with others. It actually gives a conversation more meat when the people involved aren't on the same page. It just takes people to understand the subject and that "I don't have to agree with everything someone says, and don't always have to be right". I myself expect to proven wrong or have my mind changed at times by someone with a different point of view.
    Kaos & Lace Cartel

• Options
    edited July 2023

My friend, I am not sure if you know what a smile is or what it means but I had one on my face for nearly the entire show. I look forward to Verra being my home years to come, when it is ready that is.

lol. i am an optimist. In everything i do. I see people as the main factor in success.... which is why I dont think Theory Forge is headed for success.

i dont think your crew feels the same way as you... i do not think Verra will be your home, or the rest of Theory Forge, for years to come...not sure why you feel compelled to push that for them.
  • Options

lol. i am an optimist. In everything i do. I see people as the main factor in success.... which is why I dont think Theory Forge is headed for success.

i dont think your crew feels the same way as you... i do not think Verra will be your home, or the rest of Theory Forge, for years to come...not sure why you feel compelled to push that for them.

My friend, I am not sure how to further explain this. We do this out of love for the genre and love for specific games. I think you and I just might measure success a little differently. I have a very solid career that provides my family everything we need and that I am very happy with. We are not looking to become giant streamers in any space. Success for us is being able to spend time on Sunday nights with our gaming friends, talking about a shared passion: games. This success we have shared now for 10 years. It could be talking with 5 people or it could be 15. At the end of the evening we are happy.

Peace to you. I hope you seek out the positive just as much as you seek out the negative.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't know how other people measure success...
    I'm just happy that Steven will sometimes join us on cam and share some more info.
    That's successful enough for me.
  • Options
    superhero6785superhero6785 Member
    edited July 2023
    Great stream guys! Idk what all the drama is over questions asked, I thought it was fine. Different platforms have different styles and goals when interviewing, and Steven has been gracious enough to do interviews with different members of the community over the years.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    Thank you for hosting, you guys! And thank you, Steven, for joining!

I could not join live because of my child, but I caught up via YouTube. It was very interesting and entertaining!

You guys did a lovely job with follow up questions and bringing up community questions! And you even put really useful timestamps on the video! Again, thank you!

I thought there was a lot of good questions and answers and good information. I did make a list of what I thought were the most important questions (seriously though, give it a listen - it was very enjoyable!):
    * That the bidding system is not set in stone yet, and might not be the only system for buying a freehold. (Certificates through quests, "honor" and other things were mentioned, often decided by the node type)
    * The explanation of parcels.
    * That Freehold skins will not be restricted by biome.
    * That Freeholds have a minimum distance.
    * That we can have six buildings per Freehold.
    * That the player can buy different housing (freehold, node houses, apartment) in different nodes. And own/utilize these at the same time.
    * That there is no hard cap regarding citizenship in a node. (There are, however, caps regarding the number of apartments and node houses)
    * No crafting stations, but other functional furniture (like flower pots) will be available at apartments.
    * No dailies confirmed!!! Different end game loops. c: (Thank you, Steven)
    * Freehold will not be touched by area corruption.
    * *That there are public spaces for animal husbandry and farming that can be rented for those that do not have a freehold* (thank you, Fanthom! I was delighted to hear this question asked)
    * That there will not be a "public" mode to the freehold stations (but this will be tested before being set in stone)
    * Mounts will not retire (once earned, they stay permanently) ((as for now!))
    * Steven likes "make your own adventure" books! (As do I!)
    * Summoners will not be available for A2 launch! :(
    * Augments will be very limited in A2.
    * There might be links between the summoner class and animal husbandry (!!!!)
    * a GW2-like class synergy skills!
    * Shipbuilding now requires multiple professions.
    * Micro metas!
    * Steven likes Pathfinder (<3 as do I!)
    * Steven takes security very seriously - they got external experts to deal with bots (and like Neuro said "dont ask! You dont want them to reveal that!")
    * Character Creator before A2.
    * Overenchanting is a thing - gear might break when doing late tier enchanting.
    * "Everything is subject of change." - Steven
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    I honestly appreciate the slight scepticism without malice. As someone who invests in smaler public companies it strongly reminds me of the due diligence I have to do to determine whether a company is heading in the right way with their declared goal. And not "loving" a particular field doesn't make the analysis any less valid especially when the questions are not aimed to derail the conversation and have these cheap "gotcha" moments.

You guys did a great job with this interview, I thought 1 hour would be too short and we got 2 hours, so that was great as well and the discussion really provided some very interesting information for us as future players.

Well done guys
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    I was listening to the stream in backgound. I might need to watch it again unless there is a list of questions and answers somewhere.
    But I think it was a great stream.
    Glad to see you guys!

• Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to all three of you for hosting a great show (and prying some great info out of Steven 😜 ) Happy 100th!
  • Options
    In case you missed the show here it is:

https://youtu.be/IUrjiAHZJT4